Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
Surgeonbsg wrote:I wasn't around much during the initial discussion of this proposed new system but I've read the notes from Intelli and I have to ask a question. What exactly would be the point of the new system? What is there to gain for all those credits? As I understand it from what I've read it just seems like a way to buy your way to the top of the Guilds leaderboard. What about those of us that don't care about that kind of thing? A guild base? Ok... but what is it good for? Future chance that there may be games associated to it? I can only speak for myself but I'd pass on it completely. There's so many other things I could do with those credits. Such as horde more expensive items.

Now give us a teleport to this new guild base, /guild spawn, and I'll be all over it. I really miss our Roanoke spawn and this would be a way to recreate it. An expensive way but one I'd definitely take advantage of.
I believe that there were going to be various guild competitions, and possibly a guild home if Intelli thinks it wouldn't be too non-legit.
It would be interesting to have some kind of advantage to a guild base. Being able to teleport there would be cool, but that may be a bit too much to hope for considering comments Intelli's made about having too many teleports already. Although the large cost of a 2.0 guild might justify such a powerful tool.

Alternative ideas:

Some kind of advantage for guild battles (once those are implemented) would make a lot of sense. e.g. a harder realm for enemies to conquer (if that ends up being a thing), or bonus points for kills/other activities (however the scoring system might work) for guild members.

Some kind of a buff similar to beacon effects for guild members on the guild HQ realm. Might be a bit overpowered, but something to consider.

Increase in mob limits for the HQ realm. (Note: not suggesting limits be abolished here, just that they be made a bit more lenient.) Would give guild members a reason to live and work at their base on a regular basis. Given the expense of starting a 2.0 guild, there should be few enough of these realms that it shouldn't have much impact on lag.
To purchase this 'Guild' I would have to have 50,000 credits and sell all my realms. And I don't even have 6 members! Ugh. I DON'T want this to happen. Unless he adds a /guild home and lowers the price and member requirements I see no reason to change it to this.

- Sad Meow
Meowrocket wrote:To purchase this 'Guild' I would have to have 50,000 credits and sell all my realms. And I don't even have 6 members! Ugh. I DON'T want this to happen. Unless he adds a /guild home and lowers the price and member requirements I see no reason to change it to this.

- Sad Meow
Well, the point is that he wants guilds to become significant rather than just a system to chat with, basically. He wants them all to be on the level of Arcane, The UN, WOG, Vortex. Powerful and significant. If you want to chat with your friends, you can use the buddy system, but the point of a guild, as Intelli sees it, is not just a group of friends, but a group of friends who run a powerful and prestigious PvP/building/business empire.

~dlgn
Meowrocket wrote:To purchase this 'Guild' I would have to have 50,000 credits and sell all my realms. And I don't even have 6 members! Ugh. I DON'T want this to happen. Unless he adds a /guild home and lowers the price and member requirements I see no reason to change it to this.

- Sad Meow
Guilds in their current form are pretty useless, they're just a secondary private group chat. Buddy chat should take over the casual side of having a private group chat, while guilds should be used for more interesting features and ways to unify players... not just another private group chat.
Intelli, I know this is from a long time ago, and you aren't too big on coding right now, but I just wanted to let you know, for if and when you decide to do more coding, that I, at least, am still interested in this. particularly at this time when MineRealm is just starting to regrow, I think we could all use some motivation and new stuff to do.

Anyway, that's just my 2¢.

~dlgn
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]