Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
By Intelli
We've now added it so new players can teleport out of spawn to a random area.

This is done via the teleporter in the tutorial area.

Enjoy!
By Prodigy9
Interesting. Hopefully it'll help new players get going more quickly, require less help, stay longer.

What implications, if any, does this have for the suggestion of bringing back multiple spawn cities? Is that now off the table since this change addresses the same issues as that idea?
By Prodigy9
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Slightly chocolately, but so what? This is good for player amounts, although I'm afraid there will be more griefers.
I was going to comment on the "chocolate" / non-legit nature of the teleportation, but after thinking about it for a little bit, I figured it's no more or less legit than the existing warps. Griefers are a definite concern, though most areas owned by players are protected as private realms. As long as staff stays on top of things in terms of rollbacks, it (hopefully) won't be too bad. If it helps bring in new players (or, rather, make it easier for new players to get going and encourage them to stay), then I think it'll be a net positive for the community.
By The-Jack-DeCk
Prodigy9 wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Slightly chocolately, but so what? This is good for player amounts, although I'm afraid there will be more griefers.
I was going to comment on the "chocolate" / non-legit nature of the teleportation, but after thinking about it for a little bit, I figured it's no more or less legit than the existing warps. Griefers are a definite concern, though most areas owned by players are protected as private realms. As long as staff stays on top of things in terms of rollbacks, it (hopefully) won't be too bad. If it helps bring in new players (or, rather, make it easier for new players to get going and encourage them to stay), then I think it'll be a net positive for the community.
Exactly my thoughts. Is it just me, or are you also thinking that we agree on everything?
By Surgeonbsg
Yeah I played with it a bit and enjoyed it. Quite a few times I was placed in public lands with plenty of trees and such. Should help retain some new people. Good stuff.
By Prodigy9
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Exactly my thoughts. Is it just me, or are you also thinking that we agree on everything?
I've been getting that impression. I hadn't thought much of it until fairly recently, when I saw your name as the most recent post on some idea/suggestion thread (don't even remember which one) and was glad to see it, even before reading the post.
By Exekiel
I'm guessing you already thought of it, but would there be any way to introduce an if clause that would force the teleport to land on a public realm? because that woudl be Beast.
By imahaxor
Intelli wrote:We've now added it so new players can teleport out of spawn to a random area.

This is done via the teleporter in the tutorial area.

Enjoy!
This might be the greatest thing ever to happen to Minerealm since /help. Hopefully it will cut down on the "where can I build?" and other noob questions of the like.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]