Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
I approval of all these changes. Whilst some may argue about the default spawn, it does help finding newer players much easier and for the secondary spawns it should encourage players to take up road and rail projects to connect to spawn central.
Flint and steel makes sense, should cut down on illegal PVP on the overworld.
About Spawn Points:
So new players only spawn at Spawn City? Abysuss and Roanoke keep spawn points, so their members spawn there. My Question:
Are some of the spawn point rules needed now? Like now, does it have to have the signs? Will it be easier to set a spawn now? I'm thinking of making one when my realm reaches 35 realms, but since newbies won't spawn there, is it as hard to make them?
I just wish I understood the need to change where new players spawn. At Roanoke they spawned into a nice looking town where there was plenty of available public land for the taking. Resources were not hard to come by, and it gave us, myself and Sam, an incentive to keep putting work into the place. The new people were our action. Now how do we get new people to us? Noone is going to make the 30-40 walk above ground and the Nether road is constantly camped.

Why change something that was for the most part working well? Sure there were questions about how to meet up with friends but there was a lot less "where can I build?".

I mean all respect. I just wish I could get an answer on this from LM or Intelli. I just don't see how Spawn City is the best place for new players.
By hvrock13
I still support the idea of having different major cities/spawns that you can teleport to. But only to spawn locations, no other /tps besides /home. I don't see that happening though. It would encourage new players to actually explore the map though, and like surgeon said, find public realms easier and possibly rage less about everything being private. One spawn locale is just not enough for a server map of this size and with so many players that take up so much space/realms around that single spawn.
By zequawn
I thought the multi-spawn for new players was great, it deffintly helped in spreading the population more, since the first 500 block around spawn city in any direction is heavily populated, and most new players immediately are intimidated by this.
By eah
LeafWarrior254 wrote:About Spawn Points:
So new players only spawn at Spawn City? Abysuss and Roanoke keep spawn points, so their members spawn there. My Question:
Are some of the spawn point rules needed now? Like now, does it have to have the signs? Will it be easier to set a spawn now? I'm thinking of making one when my realm reaches 35 realms, but since newbies won't spawn there, is it as hard to make them?
I think the signs would still be a requirement for other spawn points so that if a new player traveled to Roanoke and set their spawn there they wouldn't have to travel back to spawn city if they want to read the signs again. The rules should always be accessible by the /spawn command.
By eah
Surgeonbsg wrote:Noone is going to make the 30-40 walk above ground and the Nether road is constantly camped.
That's what the subway's for. But I do agree, it'd get much more traffic if new players also spawner there.
The subway is not very well marked with clear directions and spends half its time griefed. It's not an option that can be counted on 100% of the time. It still also takes nearly 20 minutes to travel from Spawn City to Roanoke via Subway. It's fun and it is an option. Just not for people just starting out.
Lm108 wrote:MineRealm Survival 4.2.1
- Disabled countries
- Added more player information logging.
- Made it so jukeboxes, brewing tables, dispensers, and redstone repeaters, are now protected in private realms
- Made it so new players only spawn at spawn city.
- Made it so lighters can only be used in realms you own / public realms.
- Updated /online to show more specific information regarding when a player was last online.
- Made it so administrators can force-add themselves to realms they do not own.
- Added the /event command
- Added silliness

Refunds for country unit amounts will be provided to the founder of each country. Funds (credits collected from taxes)
will also be distributed. However, only the country founder will receive the credits. The country founder is responsible
for returning credits as appropriate to other players.

I am iffy on this change here that I bold and underlined. It just gives me a bad feeling is all. now saying that, If they ask to add themselves to your realm via message here in minerealm.com or in-game and follow the rules you laid down, and you approve of it. then yeah it will be okay. I just don't want some stranger even an admin adding themselves to my realm and then take it upon themselves that they are welcome to stay and use my items that I worked hard to obtian, and this is even after they found my realms location.

now that I voiced my opinion nout the admin thing, the country thing I was completely unaware of it so I won't care bout the change to it, and the rest of the changes sound okay.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]