Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Prodigy9
eah2119 wrote:
Prodigy9 wrote:
Intelli wrote:Once MineRealm 4.5 is released, multiple spawn points will be discontinued. This means everyone will spawn at spawn city.
...Spawn City is large and crowded enough already. Is there any particular reason for this change?
There's a new teleporter at spawn that functions as alternate initial spawn points for new players. Having more than one spawn point could be seen as more warps which is not vanilla.
The teleporter can help alleviate the problem, but it doesn't really serve the same purpose as alternate spawn points. The teleporter can help individual players get to public land quickly when they first join the server, or bring them to a new area of the map when they're looking for a change of pace. But since you can't predict where the teleporter will bring you, its destinations can't become major hubs of activity like spawn points could.
By Laserminer
eah2119 wrote: There's a new teleporter at spawn that functions as alternate initial spawn points for new players. Having more than one spawn point could be seen as more warps which is not vanilla.
The teleporter itself is not vanilla. Vanilla is out of the question actually, as we aren't a vanilla server by choice.
By lollingwaffle
Laserminer wrote:
eah2119 wrote: There's a new teleporter at spawn that functions as alternate initial spawn points for new players. Having more than one spawn point could be seen as more warps which is not vanilla.
The teleporter itself is not vanilla. Vanilla is out of the question actually, as we aren't a vanilla server by choice.
People complain about new players (including the new players) complain about having to walk 1000 blocks, and now that intelli has fixed it everybody is still compalining, cant everybody appreciate what intelli has done for once as any addition like set home can be concidered non vanilla because its not in the actual game its self.

Please can everybody just be happy for what it is as its fine. sorry to go on about it
By LS_Epic
I think that as long as people set their home appropriately, I see no problems with this change. After all, the main project that I'm working on is in Spawn City, so I don't see a problem as of right now.
By Surgeonbsg
So lame. I always figured you'd do this sooner or later after you took away our new players but I'm still sad to see that day come. I guess it gives me a reason to rip down that spawn building now though. Still disappointed but what you going to do? I had hoped the three spawns would return at some point with new players.
By Aelcalan
Ullabooyy! wrote:and cant i do set home at 4.5?
Incorrect. /set home will still work as normal. It's /spawn join (which some people didn't know about) that is going away.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]