Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By EpicBros
Oh and also: Remove "damn" from the swear filter.
By Ste25
Prodigy9 wrote:I'd like to see a modest increase in map size (say, 1000 blocks on each side, for a total size of 7000x7000), while leaving open the possibility of doing the same thing again (e.g. going to 9000x9000) at some distant future time when even more features are added to Minecraft.
Isn't the current size of the map 10,000 x 10,000? Adding 1000 blocks on each side would make the map 12,000 x 12,000. I may be wrong but thats what I thought.
By Prodigy9
Ste25 wrote:
Prodigy9 wrote:I'd like to see a modest increase in map size (say, 1000 blocks on each side, for a total size of 7000x7000), while leaving open the possibility of doing the same thing again (e.g. going to 9000x9000) at some distant future time when even more features are added to Minecraft.
Isn't the current size of the map 10,000 x 10,000? Adding 1000 blocks on each side would make the map 12,000 x 12,000. I may be wrong but thats what I thought.
:oops:
You're absolutely right. I must've been thinking 5000x5000 since that's the highest your coordinates can go in one direction. So yes, adding 1000 blocks to each side of our current map would bring it to 12,000x12,000, and a second expansion would mean making it larger than that (e.g. 14,000 x 14,000). I think the essence of the idea remains sound, but I seriously derped up the math... thanks for catching my mistake :oops:
By Emershaan
I'm for a map expansion as well. There may be still lots of untouched (or nearly untouched) land, but people really do care that much about having newer items and biomes available to them. As for there being a big obvious line between the main map and any new area, that's one thing people don't care about all too much. The same happened with the old partial wipe, and the same happens all the time due to people's fetish for flat grass realms.

Overall, I see some good reasons to expand the map and not too much against it.

Edit: +some of those things Prodigy9 said. Bringing back multiple spawns would help ease the spawn congestion, maybe letting folks cool down a little on the spawn realm obsession. And although automated shops may be too big a jump, they would definitely be a helpful convenience for the economy, especially if /trade is removed.

Also, inb4 "too chocolatey"
By DrHetterscheidt
Prodigy9 wrote: 1) Some way to incorporate new and upcoming terrain/blocks into the server, e.g. jungles and the upcoming emerald ore. Since the plan of making a new map has (happily, IMO) been scrapped, I think the best way to approach this would be with a map expansion. I'd like to see a modest increase in map size (say, 1000 blocks on each side, for a total size of 7000x7000), while leaving open the possibility of doing the same thing again (e.g. going to 9000x9000) at some distant future time when even more features are added to Minecraft.
A single large expansion in the near future would also be an option, and might be preferable for those who preferred a map wipe. If this is done, though, ensure there's a plan to deal with future content. One such strategy would be to say that the expanded region is expendable and is not to be treated as permanent (e.g. the outer rim of the map could be wiped at a future time to make way of new features--players can go there to seek resources, but shouldn't build large structures there).
A variation on the expansion would be to make it all in one direction (e.g. instead of adding on area around the perimeter of the map, put the entire new area on one side of the current map). This has the advantage of letting players travel a greater distance from the map's center before reaching the new boundaries (nice for those who wanted a map wipe), but would have the disadvantage of making the new territory more easily accessible to some players than others, depending on where they live in the current map). This possibility was not my original idea--I saw someone else post it on a different thread here, but don't remember who it was. Props to whoever it was.
An alternative to expanding the map would be to do another public realm wipe. I consider this to be a less attractive option, though, since it causes the sharp cliffs and square islands that so many players complained about after the last public wipe. If this option is taken, I'd encourage the staff to be more strict in enforcing the rule that realm owners must "smooth out" the edges of their realms within a certain timeframe.

2) Multiple spawn cities. The idea is a bit more fleshed out in this thread by Doc H, so I won't go into too much detail on that point. The only thing I'd like to add is that, if both this idea and a map expansion are implemented, it would be good to have a spawn point out in a new distant area; this would work best with the idea of a single large new area being stuck on to one side of the map, as players interested in a fresh start could travel out there and have it as their spawn point.
I agree with these ideas pretty thoroughly. Please look at my city implementation idea mentioned above, as I think it would be interesting to see how newbies spawning in alternating cities would play out as far as city expansion and economy diversification would play out. I respect your opinion on Minerealm being unique in that it is widely populated, therefore diminishing the need of a new map. So I believe a map expansion would be a fair compromise.
In addition to the economical aspect of requiring travel for long distance trade (if multiple spawns gets implemented), I think we should get rid of /trade. It's too easy to exploit for ease of travel. One /spawn and one /home are plenty.
I would like further consideration as a moderator. We unfortunately never followed up on the prospect of an interview.
Perhaps a change in how the economy works, but I would like to see alternative options, as there are obviously many directions to go with it.
By RyGuy130
My suggestions in order of importance and plausibility:

1. Expand the map borders to incorporate the new features of Minecraft versions 1.2 and 1.3.

2. Allow new spawn points to be created again.

3. Add an automated player-run shop system.

4. Replace all teleports (/spawn,/home, /trade & the new public land portal) with a single /stuck command (teleports the player to the last realm they were in after 10 seconds) and a protected railway system at the bottom of the Nether. For this to work, the bottom layers of the Nether would need to be ownable in a fashion similar to that of land on the Overworld and player-vs-player combat would need to be disabled by default in these levels of the nether. Ideally, the staff would control the eight main "arms" of the subway that would extend from the center of the map in each of the cardinal and ordinal directions to ensure that the main transportation system of the server would always remain highly efficient. Realistically, this system could transport a player to any location on the map from anywhere else in under three minutes, effectively eliminating the need for any "non-legit" methods of transportation.
By cloudtheclow
Allow new spawn points to be created again.

Other than that, nothing really, I'm quite happy the way things are.
By Susan_Boyle
- A large map expansion, possibly doubling the size of the current map (if that will not result in too much extra server load).

- Remove damn from the swear filter.

- Allow new spawn points to be created.
By mitchie151
I always think of random ideas here and there, but I think server ran events would be fantastic.

For example, a message goes out to everyone stating that 'A PVP battle will commence in 10 minutes at ...' and you can type /event to join it.... Making use of the command. With 5 minutes to go you are given a warning and teleported to the official server arena (it would have to be big because this event is not intended to be 1v1). All the people that typed /event and then perhaps /yes would have compulsory attendance.

Other events would be fun, the community agreed on a less legitimate play style, and I think an automatic event system would be fun.

Spleef could also be an event, and the arena resetting itself after matches would be amazing. Additionally, if people made their own arenas, it would be amazing if admins could set it up to be automatic, and it could be randomly selected from different arenas.

I could be more specific, but I'll post more if anyone wants it.

Also, one of the reasons love minerealm is the random events. The party server and apoc are awesome additions and are great for a little while, I'd love to see these happen more regularly. I think 'the weekly end of the world' sounds rather catchy.
By The-Jack-DeCk
There wasn't really an accurate measurement for the wanting of legitness. It was overlapped with /trade's existence, so I doubt many people voted on the trade poll based on if they wanted the server to be less legit.

Intelli, if you feel as if the community wants a less legit server, please do a formal poll JUST based on that.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]