Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Have something you'd like to see in 5.0?
Something you'd like done differently?

This is the place to post it!

Also, a map wipe is pretty much out of the question. You can get a clean empty map on 99% of servers out there. A built-up map is a more unique challenging experience, and is part of what makes the server unique.
By texas_hitman
Countries maybe? i was really looking forward to starting from scratch again. You pretty much got the pvp down, but combat logging should be fixed, and toggling should only happen if the person is staying still.
By EpicBros
A second home warp, perhaps only for donors/veterans? I know it would benefit myself immensely, my current home got stuck in that ocean after the last wipe. So if I could have another point I could quickly have access to that is on untouched, natural land it would really make me a happy camper.
By Laserminer
A bit of a map expansion would allow for the legitimate introduction of cocoa trees. Also, it would provide competition for owning jungle biomes (maybe).

Taking a look at the other cities, IMO they would be a bit nicer not as cut off:

:arrow: It shouldn't need to be any more than a 1000 block expansion - maybe even just 500.
Last edited by Laserminer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nickisbestpony
My $.02:

-2 Warps
MAX. No more. I feel as though 2 warps are very useful and I don't know of many people who will need more than this, or even this at all. Like myself, I own 2 realms on this side of the map, but I also own a few realms on a completely different side of the server, and nether travel and subway aren't options at this point. I just find myself completely hassled by this inconvenience.

-Make Server Less Touchy
I can see using it as a swear filter, and to help people, but the stupid things that trigger "Server" are just not necessary. i.e. "How do I ride a _____" "You place a saddle on the pig" Just rather pointless, and it clutters chat. Especially when someone gets banned by server for hacking and for the next 20 minutes:
"______ Has been banned for hacking"
etc.

-Don't make Spawn Realms (If there are realms) Available the First day of 5.0
I'd hate to see everyone fighting, arguing, complaining, and whining over "Oh no! I was here first! This is my realm!" Crap, then all the ban requests come in and it would be just a hassle. Just make them available maybe a month after the server opens.

-Take away Nether PVP
This isn't probably going to happen, but I'm utterly sick and tired of walking into the nether to travel somewhere, just to be completely blind sided by some random camping the spawn nether portal. I hate it more than anything on this server. Maybe make a PVP delay? Like, 1 minute of no PVP in the nether. I don't know. Just fix it.

Thanks.
By Prodigy9
Ohhhhh man, I've been waiting for one of these threads. Stand aside, everyone, I make large posts!

1) Some way to incorporate new and upcoming terrain/blocks into the server, e.g. jungles and the upcoming emerald ore. Since the plan of making a new map has (happily, IMO) been scrapped, I think the best way to approach this would be with a map expansion. I'd like to see a modest increase in map size (say, 1000 blocks on each side, for a total size of 7000x7000), while leaving open the possibility of doing the same thing again (e.g. going to 9000x9000) at some distant future time when even more features are added to Minecraft.
A single large expansion in the near future would also be an option, and might be preferable for those who preferred a map wipe. If this is done, though, ensure there's a plan to deal with future content. One such strategy would be to say that the expanded region is expendable and is not to be treated as permanent (e.g. the outer rim of the map could be wiped at a future time to make way of new features--players can go there to seek resources, but shouldn't build large structures there).
A variation on the expansion would be to make it all in one direction (e.g. instead of adding on area around the perimeter of the map, put the entire new area on one side of the current map). This has the advantage of letting players travel a greater distance from the map's center before reaching the new boundaries (nice for those who wanted a map wipe), but would have the disadvantage of making the new territory more easily accessible to some players than others, depending on where they live in the current map). This possibility was not my original idea--I saw someone else post it on a different thread here, but don't remember who it was. Props to whoever it was.
An alternative to expanding the map would be to do another public realm wipe. I consider this to be a less attractive option, though, since it causes the sharp cliffs and square islands that so many players complained about after the last public wipe. If this option is taken, I'd encourage the staff to be more strict in enforcing the rule that realm owners must "smooth out" the edges of their realms within a certain timeframe.

2) Multiple spawn cities. The idea is a bit more fleshed out in this thread by Doc H, so I won't go into too much detail on that point. The only thing I'd like to add is that, if both this idea and a map expansion are implemented, it would be good to have a spawn point out in a new distant area; this would work best with the idea of a single large new area being stuck on to one side of the map, as players interested in a fresh start could travel out there and have it as their spawn point.

3) I'd like to see some kind of automated shop system. If this is implemented, it wouldn't necessarily have to undermine the legit nature of MineRealm; as long as the items for sale are provided by a player rather than being generated out of nowhere, this would be a perfectly legit system. There could be some incentive to use player-owned stores throughout the map (read: to travel throughout the map and see new parts of the world) rather than relying on /trade; for example, player-owned stores could have a reduced sales tax, making them able to successfully compete with players who go to /trade. I don't have the technical expertise to suggest how exactly a shop would be operated, but based on what I've seen in the mods section of the minecraft forums, it seems like left/right-clicking on signs is the usual way of doing it. No reason not to do something more unique though, if Intelli's up for a bit of programming-based wizardry.

I think that's about it. For now. I'll let you know if I think of anything else ;)
By Laserminer
nickisbestpony wrote:My $.02:

-2 Warps
MAX. No more. I feel as though 2 warps are very useful and I don't know of many people who will need more than this, or even this at all. Like myself, I own 2 realms on this side of the map, but I also own a few realms on a completely different side of the server, and nether travel and subway aren't options at this point. I just find myself completely hassled by this inconvenience.
We already have a /trade at our convenience, /home, and /spawn. You live somewhere, you can /spawn for giveaways; /home back. /trade... 2 homes is Too much, it would feel too easy.

nickisbestpony wrote: -Take away Nether PVP
This isn't probably going to happen, but I'm utterly sick and tired of walking into the nether to travel somewhere, just to be completely blind sided by some random camping the spawn nether portal. I hate it more than anything on this server. Maybe make a PVP delay? Like, 1 minute of no PVP in the nether. I don't know. Just fix it.
I'm sure you've heard this a hundred times, but the nether is meant to be anarchy. (not including griefing rules) Again, like your TP suggestion, you're showing a trend of "I want it all to be easier and more convenient for me" (& others), though this is not necessarily a good thing.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]