Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Laserminer
It seems most everyone agrees with a (small) map expansion (1000 blocks max for now). We should poll this specifically.

Other Suggestions of mine, to help the entire server:
  • Other Spawn Cities (another popular idea)
  • Player-run trading, Without teleporting to do so. (lots of people agree with this)
  • Countries (if others agree, I know texas does) <<< this is a way to implement taxes for people who like the idea
By Intelli
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:There wasn't really an accurate measurement for the wanting of legitness. It was overlapped with /trade's existence, so I doubt many people voted on the trade poll based on if they wanted the server to be less legit.

Intelli, if you feel as if the community wants a less legit server, please do a formal poll JUST based on that.
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3344
By The-Jack-DeCk
Intelli wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:There wasn't really an accurate measurement for the wanting of legitness. It was overlapped with /trade's existence, so I doubt many people voted on the trade poll based on if they wanted the server to be less legit.

Intelli, if you feel as if the community wants a less legit server, please do a formal poll JUST based on that.
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3344
Okay, thanks. I was just assuming that you left the server in the /trade poll's hands. Obviously you were more clever than to do that.

Also, I'm very happy to say that I wouldn't mind if practically any of the current suggestions were implemented. Soon comes the interesting part where everybody sees which ones make it.
By Laserminer
I happen to know that once 5.0 comes out...

"You will be able to get jungle saplings in a number of ways"

From this, I don't expect good news. It may or may not mean actual jungles being added. -Just Speculation-
By DGannon
Personally I think the Nether could be rethought. To me, there's only one purpose of the Nether: fast travel. Making a giant subway line in the overworld is no substitute for a path in the Nether, and it may be impossible due to private realms. For reasons I don't get, people can't use the Nether without some risk. What good does the risk serve? I don't see any reason to fight other players in this game. If PVP was strictly voluntary and Zombie Pigmen weren't always aggro, people could freely build and travel in the Nether without having to bring overpowered armor, weapons, and potions. People who actually want to fight other players could still do so with volunteers, just not with victims.
By Prodigy9
DGannon wrote:What good does the risk serve?
It provides an incentive to use some method of transportation other than the Nether--the subway, road systems, and wilderness travel. In other words, it encourages players to travel to (or at least through) different parts of the server from time to time, to see things that other players have built.
DGannon wrote:If PVP was strictly voluntary and Zombie Pigmen weren't always aggro, people could freely build and travel in the Nether without having to bring overpowered armor, weapons, and potions.
I've traveled through the nether dozens of times over the past week or so (traveling about 500 blocks in the nether on each trip). Each time, I've gotten safely to my destination. My "overpowered armor, weapons, and potions"? A set of iron armor with various level 1 enchants, a sharpness 1 iron sword, and a stack of watermelon slices.
By Eetrab
I vote for a new map entirely, and incorporate many of the suggestions in this thread into the new map. A map extension would create large areas of conflicting biomes, if I am right, to incorporate new 1.3 features. Come to Abyssus! We still have remnants of the 4.0 wipe (which are rather ugly) and I fear a map extension would create the same issue around the old boarders.
By Surgeonbsg
I've brought this up before but I just remembered it.

Implement a completely separate mining world with it's own Nether and End and then wipe them all once a month.Make it full PVP everywhere except around the entrance and no public land minus some protected areas right at its spawn. The world could be smaller but if a proper seed is found should still supply people with all the new stuff Mojang ever releases along with keeping our existing building world intact.
By gingagalaxy
Surgeonbsg wrote:I've brought this up before but I just remembered it.

Implement a completely separate mining world with it's own Nether and End and then wipe them all once a month.Make it full PVP everywhere except around the entrance and no public land minus some protected areas right at its spawn. The world could be smaller but if a proper seed is found should still supply people with all the new stuff Mojang ever releases along with keeping our existing building world intact.
I like this idea...
By Surgeonbsg
Just noticed that I mistyped one small thing. It should read "there should be no private land except around the spawn area" instead of no public land in regards to the mining world.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]