Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By DevonotTIm
hey guys, how can i change the avatar? i tried but cant :/
By Bonejunky
When I went on [Server Name Not Stated To Be Respectful] it was just to play with a few friends. I knew that I would always go back to MineRealm because I had played for almost a year and a half and made many friends there. I also had friends on [Server Name Not Stated], and many of which were very good friends, even though I met them online. I was not going to leave one or the other to play on solely one server. That would mean abandoning some of my friends for others. So I simply played on both servers.

I still went on MineRealm fairly frequently, and the same with the other server. And even though I still went on MineRealm frequently, I was banned. I cannot understand how you could think I was going to leave after spending almost every day since February 23, 2011 on MineRealm.

Honestly, I think that the bans were very unjust. Myself and many others that got banned did absolutely nothing wrong to get banned. Well, we did go on that other server, but I did not think that going on different servers was bannable.

But what you did does not surprise me in the least. Many similar actions had been taken in times before this. And that is the only reason that I will not make myself a ban appeal. History will be repeated. I do not know who will be banned next time, but it will be innocents, and I do not wish to be on MineRealm for when it happens.

I will miss many of you, and I probably will not meet you again, and if I do, it will not be any time soon.

I enjoyed my time here thoroughly and I hope the rest of you do too.

~Thomas Kelly

P.S. Intelli, the forum background is snazzy.
By eah
DevonotTIm wrote:hey guys, how can i change the avatar? i tried but cant :/
Way to swing the topic in a less dramatized situation! Seriously, bravo!

Not sure if it has 'hit' anyone yet, but he didn't ban people for playing on another server. He banned them to keep us from going on the server, knowing that many of us were sent the IP in an advertisement. This was coupled with shutting down the forums temporarily to keep more people from seeing the IP. This plan obviously backfired with more players fleeing from the 'factious dictator'.

The server was also filled with 'forbidden players'. I agree, it does feel much like a gang fight.

The best decision now is to unban those who were banned for playing on the forbidden server without a ban appeal and turn off the auto ban. Many of them are not willing to write an appeal. If they were unbanned without one, they would, however, return to MineRealm (or at least visit). MineRealm players will feel more sympathetic toward their leader and will stay.
It sounds radical to unban without an appeal. But it's not about following the rules anymore, as the rules have already been broken.

The community is torn in half like legs without a torso. We need a doctor!
I wouldn't really call using the PM system to tell someone something an advertisement. Especially considering they could have told me VIA steam just as easily.
This is just my prediction
Intelli wrote:Here's one that went out to quite a few players:
Hey, I'm just sending this letter out to a few of the good players that seem to be left on Minerealm. Plane has started a server and it seems to be going quite well. It would be cool if you'd come check it out and possibly even stay.

Here's the IP: *
And here's the website: *
And yes, that was sent out by a staff member of said server.
Intelli says "here's one that went out to quite a few players..." This meaning that there may have been many different types of advertisements... Well seeing as a staff member advertises it to people by Pm, might have caused people to go and check the server, then later thinking that its okay to send that server information through PM to their friends causing it ot go on and on...
Also you might have more friends on Minerealm... but then again they're FRIENDS, you could just give them the IP and make them go on that server, spend time, and later on they'll feel that that sever is better. But who can verify that people aren't gonna leave. The other server has untouched land, GS and Old Banned Players that ,may have been your friend. Well sure you might have spent more time on Minerealm and that might make you think that your not gonna leave but eventually people are gonna take the other server, feeling that they've used more time on that server, which would cause players to spend even more time. From what I have heard, is that the server basically has the same concept as Minerealm. Lastly I want to ask how many of you have been on other servers, then liked Minerealm.
By Prodigy9
CHAOSiron13 wrote:I thought this was a decent server where the player's opinions counted, and we had free speech. I guess not.
Do we? Hang on, let me just look it up in the Bill of Rights of the Minerealm Constitution.
OH WAIT, we don't have a constitution, because this isn't a country, it's a computer game server. A server run by a private individual who operates it as he sees fit. Never mind.
gingagalaxy wrote:Well seeing as a staff member advertises it to people by Pm, might have caused people to go and check the server, then later thinking that its okay to send that server information through PM to their friends causing it ot go on and on...
It sounds like it was a staff member of the other server (who is just a player here) who sent the advertisements. So it wouldn't have seemed very authoritative as if it were one of our own staff members ignoring the rules about advertising servers.
Progidy09 wrote:
gingagalaxy wrote:Well seeing as a staff member advertises it to people by Pm, might have caused people to go and check the server, then later thinking that its okay to send that server information through PM to their friends causing it ot go on and on...
It sounds like it was a staff member of the other server (who is just a player here) who sent the advertisements. So it wouldn't have seemed very authoritative as if it were one of our own staff members ignoring the rules about advertising servers.
Right misread it, my bad. But honestly, I don't think there's much difference. The problem is, that they advertised
It gets relevant at around halfway down the quote.
I'm going to try to keep this as respectful as possible, despite my reasons for anger.

As stated in the quote above which addresses the 'stolen codes' idea, it is completely false. The maker of the offending server has not stolen a single thing from Minerealm.

Now that that's out of the way..
I do think it would be right to IP-ban the person who sent out the advertisements. As harsh a punishment as it is, it is intelli's right to keep ads away. Aside from that, I think a lot of the bans were completely unjust. I, personally, didn't have anything to do with the advertising. I wasn't advertised to, nor was I an advertiser. With that logic, why am I banned from Minerealm, and IP-banned from the forum? Broken down, that goes like: Vet. player plays on Minerealm for forever. Vet. player leaves MR for a while and finds other server. Because Vet. player joins other server, he is now ultra-banned from all things Minerealm.

I simply don't see the logic. Would you mind explaining a bit more in-depth to us, intelli?

If the whole thing is all based on greed, *sigh*...
By Magerman
Bonejunky wrote:When I went on [Server Name Not Stated To Be Respectful] it was just to play with a few friends. I knew that I would always go back to MineRealm because I had played for almost a year and a half and made many friends there. I also had friends on [Server Name Not Stated], and many of which were very good friends, even though I met them online. I was not going to leave one or the other to play on solely one server. That would mean abandoning some of my friends for others. So I simply played on both servers.

I still went on MineRealm fairly frequently, and the same with the other server. And even though I still went on MineRealm frequently, I was banned. I cannot understand how you could think I was going to leave after spending almost every day since February 23, 2011 on MineRealm.

Honestly, I think that the bans were very unjust. Myself and many others that got banned did absolutely nothing wrong to get banned. Well, we did go on that other server, but I did not think that going on different servers was bannable.

But what you did does not surprise me in the least. Many similar actions had been taken in times before this. And that is the only reason that I will not make myself a ban appeal. History will be repeated. I do not know who will be banned next time, but it will be innocents, and I do not wish to be on MineRealm for when it happens.

I will miss many of you, and I probably will not meet you again, and if I do, it will not be any time soon.

I enjoyed my time here thoroughly and I hope the rest of you do too.

~Thomas Kelly

P.S. Intelli, the forum background is snazzy.

Awww, Ill miss you, Thomas.
By EpicBros
At the end of the day Intelli can do whatever the hell he wants, the server and forums belong to him.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]