Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Remove /trade

Yes, remove /trade
45%
No, keep /trade
55%
By hippoface
I think no, because /spawn has no way for you to get back but walking, even you if you just needed to do a quick trade.
By Agentred
I've always thought it's far too easy to be able to warp to trade and have your friends throw you items.

Honestly if you need to trade items, chances are you are at home getting the items anyway.
By Ryu Aurora
Interesting... and voted yes, for a couple of reasons.

Pro's of keeping /trade

-Rapid access to trading, and allows you to /trade a second time to return to where you were

Con's

-/trade is murderous, and I have no idea why. Personally, I have used all the suggested fixes for surviving the second /trade, which sometimes decides to spawn you underground, in walls, the void, etc.. There are times when it still tries to kill me anyways.
-/trade is less vanilla. This is not arguable, and requires no proof, however I will still explain. A dedicated, slightly redundant command that allows you to do what you /spawn and a ladder to the trade room does? Seems excessive at a glance, and gets more so as you dig.
-And finally, to dedicate it, it's unnecessary. /spawn and a ladder would do the same thing.

I say pull it. It's repetitive, less vanilla, and sometimes just decides that you aren't allowed to keep what you bought.
By Prodigy9
hippoface wrote:I think no, because /spawn has no way for you to get back but walking, even you if you just needed to do a quick trade.
Subway.
By MrKeveCool
If you guys think that /trade is not vanilla so is not /spawn and /home vanilla either. Just think about it.
By diamond_boss
Not really Keve, /home and /spawn are required to stop players from having to walk thousands of blocks to get from place to place. But /trade is not considering its directly under the spawn point and can be easily accesed by /spawn.

But you are correct saying that /spawn and /home warps are not vanilla. Their just more important than /trade and are more required than other warps.
By Tiny Tiger
No, don't remove it.
It would be so painful like if you were a thousand blocks away and need something (Mining or Terra-forming) and have to go to spawn and walk a 1,000 blocks just to get back.
By OneManWo1fPac
Tiny Tiger wrote:No, don't remove it.
It would be so painful like if you were a thousand blocks away and need something (Mining or Terra-forming) and have to go to spawn and walk a 1,000 blocks just to get back.
like tiny said i always buy stuff while im mining thousands and thousans of blocks from my house such as food or to borrow someones fortunIII or buying new picks becuase mine broke. if i couldnt /trade and come back to my mine then id have to walk for hours to find it
By CirJohn
/trade was added as part of an effort to make secure trading. (thanks Intelli) Since the current trade rooms accomplish that goal, I see no reason to keep /trade.

We got along fine before /trade; we'll get along fine after it. I'm just happy that I won't have to take people I'm trading with a few hundered blocks from spawn to trade safely.

EDIT: griefer protection > vanilla > convenience
By eah
I was actually looking forward to having trade as a quick way of transporting lava for obsidian generation where I need it, rather than having to mine the obsidian at a lava pool and replace it where I need it. But I guess it's all for the better vanilla-ness of the server. Voted yes.

Plus, we'll have enderchests soon and that might compensate for the loss of /trade somewhat.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]