Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Remove /trade

Yes, remove /trade
45%
No, keep /trade
55%
By Surgeonbsg
I'm going to vote No because I am one of the few people that have and prefer to keep my spawn set in Roanoke. Taking away /trade would pretty much put me in a position where I couldn't and/or wouldn't trade with people anymore. Not going to run through the Nether everytime I need to do business with someone. Sure I know I could keep my home set in Spawn City but I don't go there often and prefer to stay away from Spawn City for the most part. I'd rather keep my home available for projects, exploration, or our NPC town that is about 2000 blocks from either spawn.

Since you mentioned this isn't only for vanilla reasons I will mention again that it would be really great if you would give us warps to the major staff approved cities and projects. IMO Minerealms biggest draw is the fact that the buildings and projects are built legit without mods. Not that it's a vanilla server. It's not a vanilla server. Why not add a little to help showcase those builds and thus the server itself?

Please implement this.
By 5292r6
Hm, 50/50.
Time to add a vote that will not effect me in the slightest.
By Emershaan
I rarely use /trade myself, but if this will also affect the vanilla/not vanilla direction of the server, I vote to keep it in.

The main reason this server is great is its custom plugins. Basic vanilla multiplayer minecraft is perhaps the ultimate proof that hell is other people. Without solid plugins to keep the goons under control, servers get bombed out in hours.

People like it here because they can build a house and have it continue existing after they leave. Because there is an easy-to-use economy. Because their efforts have some measure of long-term payoff.

Anyone who values vanilla over everything else can find vanilla servers readily available around. We're here because the game is improved over its basic form here. And because Shamp will hunt us down and eat our limbs if we try to run.
By Joelove
I honestly really like the trade. Yes it may be "not-so-Vanilla" but it really helps to make quick trades when you can't just reset your home. I have a set of realms 1400 blocks from spawn that I can't reset /home due to my realms in Roanoke being my home. It's a real pain to have to /spawn and run all the way back every time I need to make a trade. Also I frequently give away free bows and arrows from my skell spawner in trade and this would prevent me from making regular trips there to donate. I vote no just to keep it the way it is.

Also another idea maybe would be to put a usage limit on it. Like we are allowed to only use it once every 30 minutes or something similar. That in and of itself I realize is non-Vanilla, but it would limit how much we use the /trade function.

So FINAL VERDICT:
No for continued ease of trades.
If we really want our goals to be strictly Vanilla, then I'll go along with it if I have to.
By BSGSamuel
I would vote to remove it if there is a solution for people have their spawn set somewhere else than Spawn City. I would not be able to access trade anymore if I had to rely on /spawn.

/trade was not only implemented for secure trading, it was implemented to give a central trading location accessible to everyone no matter where they had their spawn set.
By Laserminer
Whichever is picked, before you implement it, please do a re-tally of the vote without alt accounts, etc. Thanks
By Prodigy9
Laserminer wrote:Whichever is picked, before you implement it, please do a re-tally of the vote without alt accounts, etc. Thanks
It's a non-binding poll, but yes, this would be good.
By hippoface
Prodigy9 wrote:
hippoface wrote:I think no, because /spawn has no way for you to get back but walking, even you if you just needed to do a quick trade.
Subway.
What if there is no subway to where you are going? Or at least not one too nearby?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]