Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
Whew, permanent. I was worried that it would suddenly just...well, die. Thanks for the great solution/reconciliation between the two views, Intelli!
If realms do still exist in Minerealm 5, then spawn realms will most likely NOT be for sale. That is how 3.0 was, so I'd expect it to be similar to that.

Spawn realms were not sold until 3.0 had been running for 5+ months I believe.

(I bought the first spawn realm :P)
Intelli wrote: we will be moving the current server to a new permanent server at classic.minerealm.com
Intelli wrote: Option B
Move the current server (MineRealm 4.0) to a different server (classic.minerealm.com), making MineRealm 5.0 (game.minerealm.com) an all-new server. In the event that classic.minerealm.com is averaging less than 10 players, it would be discontinued.
Am i missing something? cuz i hope i am :( plz hAlp intelli
Intelli wrote:First off, we've never at any point been actually considering "wiping" the current map. As we've stated numerous times in the past, we don't feel that all of the time and effort put into the current map should be at any point lost.

That being said, around the time MineRealm 5 is released (which is still very far in the future), we will be moving the current server to a new permanent server at classic.minerealm.com
To clarify, does that mean that the current ("classic") map would NOT be subject to the "discontinued if averaging less than 10 players" idea that you described in the poll?

If this is the case, then I can definitely respect this decision even though I really would've preferred to keep everything within the current map.

Edit: Sorry for being redundant with Chubsy! He posted while I was still typing... great minds think alike, eh?
Sorry for the mini-necro, but I think this was needed:

I'll save somebody else the time and answer all the common questions.

Will our realms stay?
Realms will be on 4.0 (the current server). In 5.0, there probably won't be realms. If there are, your realm will NOT be transferred to the 5.0 server.

Will our credits remain?
In the 4.0, yes. Nothing is changing on the 4.0 server (well, maybe some small tweaks, like minecraft updates or mob limits). Credits will probably not be on 5.0, and if they are, you'll start with a fresh account.

Will the chats be linked?
I asked shampoo. Even he doesn't know. This is a question for Intelli.

Will 4.0 be updated?
Not minerealm wise. However, logic says that minerealm.classic.com must be updated minecraft wise. If not, we'd have some tough times keeping our .minecraft files at 1.2.

Will there be a map wipe for 4.0?
(This question is only asked by the supremely uninformed.) Nope. This will still allow some new features, like villager trading and ender chests. But, certain other parts (jungles) will remain left out. (Unless specific chunks are wiped or other introduction methods are used, which is doubted.)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]