Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Map Poll

Option A
31%
Option B
43%
Option C
12%
Option D
14%
By Intelli
Hey everyone,

As we begin to look ahead to MineRealm 5, we're looking for feedback on what you guys want to do with the current map.

With the following options, please assume that MineRealm 5 brings a complete new system and is not necessarily in any way similar to the current system. Please use the following options for voting.

Option A
Keep the map. The current map will stay as-is with the (potentially) new system, possibly limiting the new system. (Keeping the realm system more as-is)

Option B
Move the current server (MineRealm 4.0) to a different server (classic.minerealm.com), making MineRealm 5.0 (game.minerealm.com) an all-new server. In the event that classic.minerealm.com is averaging less than 10 players, it would be discontinued.

Option C
New map. The MineRealm 4.0 map would be discontinued.

Option D
None of the above. Give your opinion below.

--

Thanks for your feedback!
By CHAOSiron13
EDIT: Option D.
We should do what we did before, and only wipe the public realms and the nether, leaving the owned realms as-is. If we do do a full wipe, I'll most likely quit, as I worked really hard to get what I have on this map.
Last edited by CHAOSiron13 on Wed May 23, 2012 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nkirby3385
I know it was a bother porting in the owned realms last time, but it would be nice if we could just try that again.

I think if the map wipes, given all the work I've put into my realms recently, it would likely ring the death knell on me playing here. You don't vest 72 solid hours of work on a project just to watch it get washed away....
By mitchie151
I have really conflicting emotions about this.

For one, i'd really like a new map to go with a new system, but i'd love to see all the other stuff implemented. I have plans for other cities and a fresh start would be nice

However, massive, ongoing projects would be ruined by a wipe, a few months loss for us at Sub Aurora.
By Susan_Boyle
I went with C.

Also, Sir_Dave is unable to reply as he is drowning in his own tears after hearing there is a chance of the cathedral being wiped.
By kingofturves
Hmm, difficult one.
There are alot of new building projects and ongoing, epic constructions, that are currently taking place on Minrealm and to delete those would cause a great pain to those who have invested time and energy.
On the other hand we will need access to new blocks eventually to keep things interesting.
A map wipe would provide a clean slate, but would also wipe out all of up to a years' worth of work.
Everything from ones' favourite spawner, to epic buildings and hard earned credits would be lost completely.
We don't want to lose players over this....

Before going down the wipe path, we should throughly explore the different options available to revitalising Minerealm.

The main problem for new players' is not so much the lack of build space, but the congestion around spawn, which is expected, due to the plots around spawning being the most valuable.
A central spawn is needed to provide a single meeting point for all new players.
But there should be location warps to get new players spread out to important towns quickly and to also get them to new land, more easily.
Getting new players to wilderness plots, quickly and efficiently is the key in any changes we make.

What should also be considered is if there is a new survival map, the overall organisation of the spawn area, which could actually be a hub map, with warps to different locations around minerealm.
Thereby acting as a central meeting place.
We have the Nether as a parrallel world, but would it aslo be possible to incorporate other parrallel worlds, such as a specific Arena Map and a PVP battlefield map?
Maps that serve specific functions and cater towards different gaming groups.
Currently spawn serves that function, but what if we had purpose built battlefields and arenas as maps, instead?

Perhaps also a wider consultation is needed on other aspects of minerealm.
We should want to make Minerealm the best server there is.
I would reccomend to Intelli to scope out the competition, see what they get right and what they get wrong, take notes and compare.
There's no harm in seeing what things are like else where, travel broadens the mind and provides food for thought.
Minerealm must adapt and grow to meet the demands placed on it.

One of the main reasons, apart from the community on Minerealm, is the plot system, whilst not perfect and perhaps abit too expensive for new players as it does involve alot of grinding to reach 10k, is still very good at preventing grief.
However the current price, maybe size of realms prohibits the protection of roads, subways and other infrastructure projects as road building across the map is very expensive at 10k for 50 blocks of road.
One might consoder what would happen if the price was lower, how quickly would the map fill up?

There are lots of other factors to consider, these are but a few...

In the end I'm not currently in favour of map wiping for the forseeable future, perhaps map extending might be better?
How big can maps get and still be supported?
Questions over the lack of TNT, Paintings and providing a useful function for beds (such as setting a new warp point?), should also be considered as to whether or not limiting these items has limited the over fun in the server?
Last edited by kingofturves on Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
By diamond_boss
Personally, I think we should keep things the way they are. The system Of the current Server has grown On me, I dont think I would like my hard work washed away either. A.

On a side note, because I was not here for the last wipe. If we go with the Option for the new server And redo the map completely, Will this mean All Of the bought realms get wiped too? Like, say we go with that Option and the blocks are wiped... Daves cathedral, Other great builds. I just want an answer to that. Im sure having to start Over would ruin the server for a lot Of people if this was the case.
I personally think the System Of minerealm Is fine the way It is too, I dont think we need something new, But when people ask for change this is usually what happens.
By stickgod91
Hey Intellitron i have some ideas to keepup the server. They will be listed below

Make newbies spawn in a random public realm so they don't cry and leave because they can't build but when they /spawn they will go to a spawn.

Advertise the server more.

Host more events i.e. apoc games etc. we haven't had a game of apoc in a while.

Expanding the map ever so slightly will increase the playing time of some.

If the server grows the staff would also have to therefore making people want to play more so they can become mod.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]