Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Discontinue Creative?

Yes
65%
No
35%
By bcbarton
Worlds are a useful tool to have a shared system for people coordinating a significant build in Survival. What would be the cost of preserving just this functionality while locking the public creative world from changes? Is it possible to have this lightly used system maintained while reusing the server for other purposes?

Or better yet, is it possible to merge the creative worlds system into the survival server so that people can easily switch to a private world and plan structures in creative?
By Prodigy9
I'm pretty much apathetic to the creative server. If, however, getting rid of creative would mean more frequent visits from Apoc, the party server I've heard so much about, or the "Yarr!" pirate mode in development limbo, then I'd say go for it.
By mitchie151
Hell no. The problem doesn't lie in the fact that creative is underused, it comes from the fact that Minerealm creative is miles behind every other creative server out there.

I hate to say this, but Creative is way too far behind the best creative servers out there, it should take more inspiration from them.

Creative, in general, is best use to express ones creativity. This cant be done effectively because of a few things. Ill list them here.
  • 1. Multiworlds: Fantastic idea in general, but works against itself. When its about expressing creativity, keeping builds in a private world just works against itself; why not just build on single player? Whats the difference?

2. Natural worlds: Ive gone on about this before, minerealm is the only server i know that does NOT have natural worlds. Regardless of the impact on the server, natural worlds are a MUST HAVE.

3. Plugins: Minerealm has a very lite version of World Edit, the lack of brushes makes it next to useless. If the server is going to use any outside plugins, it should have the best of the best, and world edit is up there for building, but Voxel Sniper is the best for terraforming
The ultimate creative server is one where everyone works TOGETHER to build amazing things, not one that is segmented by worlds and realms, this is the ultimate triumph, and the ultimate downfall of Minerealm as a whole. Its an annoying paradox.

All i can suggest for creative is a total rewrite. A single, large, natural world in which people can make claims. People could be promoted to use the higher functions of the world edit plugin and veteran players would be trusted to make choices for the world. When the world is full of amazing builds, it is wiped and put up for download.

Another idea is to have a guest area, with application builds. I understand that this could lower the amount of people being active on the server, but could turn it into a prestigious and well known server, similar to those like the Voxel Box, which is a server i would aspire to be like.

I don't know what direction Minerealm creative wants to go in, but shutting down is the wrong one.

There are a few choices, and they include becoming a more prestigious, hard-to-get-into server. At the moment, its a very friend-friendly server, where friends can come together and 'plan' their builds for survival. There is very little appeal for outside players.

I say a natural world is better than multiworlds, and terraforming plugins on top of that are amazing.

Again, its up to Intelli to decide where Creative goes, but i think creative is very appealing to outside players, but Minerealm creative isn't. Its difficult to use, and relatively stupid, not meaning any offence.

If it is to stay, it needs change, otherwise its useless.

I hope you make the right choice Intelli

TLDR; Tough luck. Read it.

Long live Minerealm Creative!
Last edited by mitchie151 on Tue May 22, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kingofturves
mitchie151 wrote:Hell no. The problem doesn't lie in the fact that creative is underused, it comes from the fact that Minerealm creative is miles behind every other creative server out there.

I hate to say this, but Creative is way too far behind the best creative servers out there, it should take more inspiration from them.

Creative, in general, is best use to express ones creativity. This cant be done effectively because of a few things. Ill list them here.
  • 1. Multiworlds: Fantastic idea in general, but works against itself. When its about expressing creativity, keeping builds in a private world just works against itself; why not just build on single player? Whats the difference?

2. Natural worlds: Ive gone on about this before, minerealm is the only server i know that does NOT have natural worlds. Regardless of the impact on the server, natural worlds are a MUST HAVE.

3. Plugins: Minerealm has a very lite version of World Edit, the lack of brushes makes it next to useless. If the server is going to use any outside plugins, it should have the best of the best, and world edit is up there for building, but Voxel Sniper is the best for terraforming
The ultimate creative server is one where everyone works TOGETHER to build amazing things, not one that is segmented by worlds and realms, this is the ultimate triumph, and the ultimate downfall of Minerealm as a whole. Its an annoying paradox.

All i can suggest for creative is a total rewrite. A single, large, natural world in which people can make claims. People could be promoted to use the higher functions of the world edit plugin and veteran players would be trusted to make choices for the world. When the world is full of amazing builds, it is wiped and put up for download.

Another idea is to have a guest area, with application builds. I understand that this could lower the amount of people being active on the server, but could turn it into a prestigious and well known server, similar to those like the Voxel Box, which is a server i would aspire to be like.

I don't know what direction Minerealm creative wants to go in, but shutting down is the wrong one.

There are a few choices, and they include becoming a more prestigious, hard-to-get-into server. At the moment, its a very friend-friendly server, where friends can come together and 'plan' their builds for survival. There is very little appeal for outside players.

I say a natural world is better than multiworlds, and terraforming plugins on top of that are amazing.

Again, its up to Intelli to decide where Creative goes, but i think creative is very appealing to outside players, but Minerealm creative isn't. Its difficult to use, and relatively stupid, not meaning any offence.

If it is to stay, it needs change, otherwise its useless.

I hope you make the right choice Intelli

TLDR; Tough luck. Read it.

Long live Minerealm Creative!
^This.
The creative world isn't bad, just not well implemented. Sorry Intelli.
Having a main creative world that is both infinite and can be grieved by anyone makes it very difficult to police. Why build when it can so easily be griefed. Creative needs active management and a small public build area or sandbox that can be modified and changed by staff. A guest sandbox area would satisfy the non-listing philosophy, whilst providing more security.
By FlannyFlan
id be sad if creative was discontinued...and if it is to be discontinued, i would like the request a personal copyof my world so tht i may have it, and all my art wont be damned to MR hell.

~Flan
By _iBiS_
The one thing that would bring me back (and probably a few others) to Creative, is the return of World Edit Brushes. Playing Creative mode on a superflat map is just no fun without being able to effectively terraform worlds.
By AlM
Even if the server did become the party server, surely the whole phase will die off quickly like with creative.
Also, may I recommend putting up the survival games maps, and having some minerealm-only tournaments.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]