Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Discontinue Creative?

Yes
65%
No
35%
By mitchie151
I would suggest advertising on reddit and such, but I'm afraid that in its current state, no one would like it anyway...

Natural worlds. If you want flat, get someone to world edit it for you.
By Ryu Aurora
Accidentally clicked to keep it. *facepalm*
jeniansmom wrote:Intelli, have you advertised the creative server at all?
If yes and the player base is this low, for sure I vote to discontinue it and save yourself money/put the server to use for other ideas.

If no, then if you have an interest in keeping it going, maybe try some advertising.

I personally don't have a strong leaning towards keeping it. I hate to see you wasting your time and money on something that's barely getting used.
^This.

I don't go on creative much. I rarely more than 3 people on it, and people seem to generally forget that it even exists. These factors deem it a waste of time and money. I vote to remove it. I like having a creative server to test builds on and preveiw them, but single player serves that role adequately.
Also... the option to allow people to download thier maps would also be a nice touch, provided it goes.
By Surgeonbsg
Kill it... make it dead. Save your money.

We have single player for planning or in some cases our own servers with more tools and less restrictions for our later survival builds. Not saying the set up was bad. Just not as easy for design as having your own box with full Worldedit and Commandbook options is.
By ewana1991
to be honest with you, i think the server should be kept, but not in its current state. I'd like to see natural worlds, with the option of getting replicas of sections of the survival server map for designing builds. However, i also believe that the server shouldn't be up 24/7, but could be rotated with Intelli's test tube, the apoc server, and a party world like that pirate ship you were designing Intelli.

If the server is to die for ever, i would appreciate a dowloadable save file of my personal world so that my builds may be saved from the Void.

KingSpartacus
By Falconis
I understand the desire for something new and exciting. Minecraft can grow stale over time, and I think it is more of an issue with the players themselves making it more fun, not the server. Most modern gamers are fickle and quick to complain before working out a solution for themselves. Having a NEW option might garner more interest temporarily, but the same people who complain about this will complain about that… or go back to older arguments about resetting Survival and starting fresh. I think they are separate issues, and the focus can be on how to make the entire server, especially creative, more popular.

These servers are expensive to run, and if a majority of people want special rules and special modes... they should DONATE (if they do not already) to support the server. With a strong enough league of donators, maybe Intelli can add another server to fill their needs. I don't think that those who donate should get special voting privileges (well, maybe a little), but their arguments would be more valid.

Creative isn't popular by the number of players on it at a single moment, but it’s worth is measured by what has been built on there. There are many extraordinary builds on there and I see it as an important part of our Minerealm experience. I find it very satisfying to do a creative build with my RL friends.
Roobean wrote:If Create does go down, I would like to be able to Download any of my Worlds which are to importance =]
Yes, please, this ^^^^^! If it does go down, I humbly request a copy of my World, to host on my own some other place, or at least to pull up in Single Player.
By Magerman
it seems that whenever a creative server comes out it is insanely popular at first then it dies down to 1-2 people

[except when you had that server with all the old bugs and stuff]

that you called creative
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]