Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Should players be allowed to exchange credits for cash?

Yes
51%
No
49%
Hey everyone!

As I'm sure you're aware, there has been some debate among players recently regarding the buying and selling of credits for cash. Personally, we (the staff) don't care. Therefore, we're letting you guys make the decision.

So, should players be permitted to exchange credits for cash?

To note, this would still be in no way officially supported by MineRealm. If you get scammed, that's your own loss. This poll is ultimately regarding if we should ban people who attempt to buy/sell credits for real life currency.

Happy voting!
No.

It's pretty lame if I actually take the time to earn credits, and some other guy just bought it.

Then again... It is legit. It's real money, you can spend it how you want... I still find it a bit cheap that someone can just buy a realm with IRL cash.
My personal opinion: I respect the people who are able to sell the credits for cash. I would never spend money on it, but I think if someone is able to get people to send him real money for working in a video game, good for him as long as he isn't doing bot farming or anything obnoxious like that.
Why should this poll even be here?

You can't use exploits, hacks, whatever because it gives an unfair advantage. So does money for credits.

If you have money, you can get more credits. This should be illegal based on other rules. People like me who have no money have a disadvantage.

~Bone
The way I see it, it does give an unfair advantage, but doesn't really have all that much of a negative economic impact.

However, I'm just scared it will create something similar to gold spammers in other games.
I think its turns it into a bit of an odd system... people can start paying people tiny amounts of real cash to farm credits, which they can sell for more....

Starts a bit of an out of server economy, and i don't really like that. Its not an intentional in-built system, paying for credits is cheating the system, and those with money to burn in real life become the richest in the game as well, rather than the most dedicated to the server.
I like the Idea, it's hard to find work out were I live, therefor spending alot of my free time playing Mine realm for my lack of a job/life. this would help me to be able to get stuff around the house to snack on, or even get new game's / clothing at my own expense.

if the staff doesn't Care I officially Offer my Credits for Real money

$1.00 will get you 1,000 Mine realm Credit's seem's like a fair price to me considering the amount off effort put into making the credits.

"Not Taking offer's until the decision passes, Don't wanna Get banned"
Want to see people and yourself being ripped off by scammers, the server having a huge increase of bots and people only caring about money not structures or the community?
Well the 'Yes' button, and a sharp object, is for you!
kinasaka wrote:I like the Idea, it's hard to find work out were I live, therefor spending alot of my free time playing Mine realm for my lack of a job/life. this would help me to be able to get stuff around the house to snack on, or even get new game's / clothing at my own expense.

$1.00 will get you 1,000 Mine realm Credit's seem's like a fair price to me considering the amount off effort put into making the credits.

The exchange rate between Minerealm virtual credits and real life currency doesn't matter. It throws off the economy because it brings in your personal life's wealth. Say there was a 12 year old on this server that doesn't have a paypal, or job, or credit card, or anything of the sort but still puts time into playing on the server. Is it a good thing we allow a 30 year old to come along and throw away $100 just to become the richest person on the server? Kingofturves spoke about something like this... all the wealth in the game should reflect effort put in to playing the game, not outside wealth. Do not factor in real life wealth.
Puged wrote:
kinasaka wrote:I like the Idea, it's hard to find work out were I live, therefor spending alot of my free time playing Mine realm for my lack of a job/life. this would help me to be able to get stuff around the house to snack on, or even get new game's / clothing at my own expense.

The exchange rate between Minerealm virtual credits and real life currency doesn't matter. It throws off the economy because it brings in your personal life's wealth. Say there was a 12 year old on this server that doesn't have a paypal, or job, or credit card, or anything of the sort but still puts time into playing on the server. Is it a good thing we allow a 30 year old to come along and throw away $100 just to become the richest person on the server? Kingofturves spoke about something like this... all the wealth in the game should reflect effort put in to playing the game, not outside wealth. Do not factor in real life wealth.
>.> we exchange our lack of lives into credits.. which could be used instead to gain money... if a job would hire you.. uh..

its too early in the morning.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]