Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.

Should players be allowed to exchange credits for cash?

Yes
51%
No
49%
I towards the whole Real-Life Currency suggestion
[youtube]oEAuBEIN7WE[/youtube]

And for those who didn't click the link, my answer is NO.
Sorry for the late reply to this thread, I had to think a bit about what to say...
At the time of writing this, I am rather tired, but I'll do my best to explain why I think that cash-for-credits is a bad idea and just as bad as the 'cash-for-peerages' and 'cash for questions' scandals that wracked the world of politics in the UK.
It's an abhorrent idea which destroys all that Intelli has tried to achieve with the server's set of rules, human staff and automated server bots to protect the server and gaming community from would be cheaters.
Real-life money should not play any part of the online minecraft and minerealm gaming experience.
All players start playing minecraft with nothing and from there in minerealm we go out and work for our fortunes, mining and building the honest way. In that sense we all start out from the same position, all equal and the rules of the server are very clear, no cheating, no using exploits or hacking or using mods to minecraft that confer an advantage to the player using them over other players.
Whether its a speed hack that allows you to mine quickily and earn credits extremely fast, use x-ray to find diamonds super quick and sell them for lots of credits, etc. etc.
If we go out of our way to stop these methods of cheating. Methods that try to make a shortcut to wealth and success in minerealm, why would we allow Cash for credits?
The point of these computer safe guards and patrolling members of staff are to ensure that no-one gains an unfair advantage.
From a game point of view, since everyone's starting point is equal from a credits point of view, there is fairness and equality between players.
Allowing impatient players to inject funds into affect the game ruins this sense of fairness and lowers the reputation of minerealm as a good gaming server.
Whilst player's starting positions may be equal, their access to real world money is not, due to not only the individual wealth of the gamer, but also the currency they use and it's exchange rates with other countries around the world.

Hmm, I will have to probably come back to this in another siting, to tired to properly explain just how wrong it would be to allow this form of cheating in-game.

BUT I URGE EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED YES, TO CONSIDER AND REALISE WHAT THEY WOULD BE ALLOWING RO TAKE PLACE ON THE SERVER, HOW WRONG IT IS & TO CHANGE THEIR VOTE TO NO IMMEDIATELY.

I'm shocked that anyone would actually conisder this a valid form of gaming.
Accept no shortcuts, if you want instant graitfication, go play gary's mod, the real sense of achievement comes from having mined out those credits by yourself. What sense of achievement can be gained from simply buying one's way into an artificial system of wealth.
MrKeveCool wrote:I agree with you turves this should be clasified as cheating because you must spawn credits in from nowhere. MINEREALM WAKE UP!!!! THIS IS CHEATING!!!!!
Keve - no credits will be spawned, that is not the problem.
Susan_Boyle wrote:
MrKeveCool wrote:I agree with you turves this should be clasified as cheating because you must spawn credits in from nowhere. MINEREALM WAKE UP!!!! THIS IS CHEATING!!!!!
Ok but Do players then sell their own credits? If so its even worse because greedy People Will use minerealm as an Way to make IRL money.
Susan_Boyle wrote:Unfortunately King, players cannot change a vote they have already placed.
Oh yeah, thanks Maxii, I'm sure that was different in the past? Hmm, if it was different, probably changed when the ability to edit old posts was stopped? Ah, well.
MrKeveCool wrote:
Susan_Boyle wrote:
Ok but Do players then sell their own credits? If so its even worse because greedy People Will use minerealm as an Way to make IRL money.
You have to factor in how many people are willing to sell Credits for Cash and how many are willing to buy.
With the 10% tax, Credits are removed from the economy each transaction.
And how much do you think a person could really make by selling Credits?
I say let it be.
If you don't want to participate in Cash vs Credits transactions, don't.
There may be people who doesn't have time to spend hours and hours on MineRealm, yet wants to build and such.
ChronicTacos wrote:
MrKeveCool wrote:
Susan_Boyle wrote:
You have to factor in how many people are willing to sell Credits for Cash and how many are willing to buy.
With the 10% tax, Credits are removed from the economy each transaction.
And how much do you think a person could really make by selling Credits?
I say let it be.
If you don't want to participate in Cash vs Credits transactions, don't.
There may be people who doesn't have time to spend hours and hours on MineRealm, yet wants to build and such.
'Every Man has his price' Sir Robert Walpole, Prime Minister of Great Britain, 18th century
I agree with many of your individual points, but none of your total arguments. Here is the way I see it:

Positives:
No one can just buy credits without someone willing to sell them. Say Puged has 100k credits, and I offer to buy them for $20. It's his choice to sell and my choice to buy. If a person logs in for the first time and is given 100k credits from a vetran friend who is quitting the game, how is that any different? It is all established wealth in the game, and it is being liquidated and traded in a new way. If it is taxed then it wont tank the economy.

Added level of satisfaction. What if I have had an off week and didn't have time to play as much as I would like, or if I concentrated too much on the creative server. I wasn't doing anything to earn credits, and I still want to expand my empire. If I could drop a couple of dollars to buy from another player some endstone or a realm's worth of credits, then I have a new way to engage with the game. It's a different way of looking at it, but it allows you to sort of 'catch up' to where you want to be.

Negatives:
There is no real NEED for it. We have trading going on already, and you can give someone credits at will. I don't see how another player receiving real world currency as any benefit to the server itself.

It will cause complications, arguments, and accusations. With the amount of bickering the admins/staff already have to face, I see this wreaking havoc. Intelli said it would in no way be supported by Minerealm, but the blowback would still happen on the forum and in-game chat. You can probably already imagine the fights that would spring up from transactions gone awry, overcharges, someone thinking they were being taken advantage of... I sure wouldn't want to sift through that.

It "MIGHT" also reduce donations. I already donate for a myriad of reasons and I think everyone should at least consider donating if they are able to do so. But what if NewbieMcGee007 has been playing for a few weeks, has $15 burning a hole in his Visa Check card and is debating donating to Minerealm. Then another player is selling a wad of credits for $15 and he opts for the purchase. It has now become a competition we don’t need.

In the end, I think it is an idea that has merit, but will ultimately be more harmful than helpful. I voted no.
I for one agree with this we should be able to buy it, i know of other people buying realms for $$ back in the day. and i dont think it would hurt anyone. (its a large map)

Also i have 200k i think i could sell for $$ Pm me offers ? i wont sell untill its ok'ed
(mainly i moved to mississippi with allit and now i have no job / my phone broke and no money :(

and our internet sucks so minecraft dosent run real good :(

Miss you all :(
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]