Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By panthers17nfl
Terra Celestis Wiped From Existence
The realm of Terra Celestis once housed fine workers that have produced many great creations. Their legacy remains as the 15th largest realm with the 2nd largest population ever. Recently, though, that legacy has come to an end.

Through what previous Realm Leader Cogohst describes as a, "technical mistake", the realm of Terra Celestis had been disbanded some time mid-afternoon of March 23rd. It appears as though the intended action was to relocate their realm warp, but this somehow escalated into the absolute removal of the realm itself.

No word has officially arrived as to the Celestians' plans for reconstruction. For now, they have taken refuge among the people of Terranobyl who have accepted them and granted them homes in a quaint desert hotel along the North District.

Previous Realm Leader Cogohst seems uncanny at this time as to a full reconstruction, but plans have been floating around to salvage what they can from the deserted city and start anew.

But Ramien123 has other plans. The recently established religion, The Temple of the Black Night, is a driving force behind this man's existence. He plans to immerse the unique Terranobyl culture in this new-found creed, forcing out their traditional Kurachi-Creepism roots. Its powerful passion for Coal leads some of its followers to devout fanaticism. Others are driven away by its simplistic ideals. Whatever the case may be, conflicting cultures are sure to arise in Terranobyl in the near future.

The Economy
IP Exchange Sees Even Greater Growth Despite Adversities
This period was an incredibly short one, lasting only 23.5 hours. Although its development was hindered during this period by sporadic server crashes, it still saw dramatic improvement from the last one.

There were very few altered IP values. In fact, the Exchange Rating dropped a few points this period. However, the Units Moved saw incredible improvement, mainly due to a constant inflow of cobble and logs from the people of Terranobyl (a mining project had been going underway during this time) as well as the constant outflow of cobble from frequent Exchange user, s292r. This constant inflow and outflow leads to the Total Units Moved breaking the 10 000 Unit milestone.

The Economic Threshold saw slight improvement from the last period, but a heightened demand for both Gold and Iron keeps it at a relatively low rating.

Flint, Leather, Wool, and Gunpowder remain the under-traded powerhouses of the Exchange market. With enough patience, the purchase of Gravel and then digging it down to Flint leads to one of the best deals out there on the market. Logs remain a solid item for trading, but their usefulness elsewhere keeps this commodity as an option only for wealthy realms. Cobble, Wheat, and Sand stand as some of the best deals for realms with enough patience to harvest them. Gravel retains its poor value, encouraging purchasers to instead convert it into Flint.

Total Units Moved: 13 120
Units Moved This Period: 3 264 (+896)
Units Moved Last Period: 2 368
Economic Threshold (Raw Value): 155 (+5)
Exchange Rating: 205 (-6)
  • Logs----------25 (-5)
    Cobble--------4 (+0)
    Reeds---------4 (+0)
    Wheat--------10 (+0)
    Seeds---------4 (+0)
    Bones---------12 (+0)
    Gunpowder---23 (+0)
    Feathers------15 (+0)
    Wool----------28 (+3)
    Leather-------25 (+0)
    Sand----------10 (+0)
    Dirt-----------6 (-2)
    Redstone-----12 (-2)
    Gravel--------3 (+0)
    Flint-----------25 (+0)

In Development
    Sand Beast is not Confirmed
    Word has reached us that the Sand Beast is in fact not a confirmed entity, but instead well-developed idea. Development is said to be in continuation, but whether or not the Sand Beast will ever be released is up for debate. Support of the Sand Beast will very likely aid in its development and making it a reality.

If you wish to provide input on the Sand Beast, you can find its thread, here: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=659

Realm Wars DevTeam is Still Recruiting
    Realm Wars has been an ever-growing and ever-changing work in progress for quite some time. It is in constant need of developers to assist in furthering the intricacy of its design. Its recruitment thread can be found, here: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=704

Rokkrwolf312 and Bramblegoose Claim Construction of Solomon's Temple
    Word has broken out that Rokkrwolf312 and Bramblegoose are in the process of constructing what history calls The First Temple, Solomon's Temple. Its grandeur stands as a testament to the concept of religion, and these two gentlemen are said to be tackling the tricky task of its construction as we speak.

About the Server
    Extended Downtime Leaves MineRealm-ers in Withdrawal
    Sporadic down-times last night due to conflict with the Bukkit plugin have lead to the eventual complete down time leading into March 24th's early afternoon. MineRealm-ers are suffering from extreme MineRealm withdrawal, as the time away from epicness is causing severe medical issues.

The official disease, Downtimeitus, or Bukkitus iso Brokenus, is said to be mainly physiological, having only profound physical effects during extended, severe cases. Doctors strongly advise against seeking another Multiplayer server to achieve a relief, as this may cause repulsion in the fact that other servers will not be as great as MineRealm.

Other doctors prescribe taking in small doses of Singleplayer, though this is said to be an ineffective remedy for most players, as the time devoted on their work in MineRealm severely overpowers that time ever spent in Singleplayer.

Currently, there is no real cure. The MineRealm forums are said to be a calming, temporary relief. However, this cannot last for long, as the reading of the forums often leads to players daydreaming of how they will continue their construction projects once they return to in-game, which may actually have negative effects and exacerbate the symptoms of the disease.

Many instead recommend taking the time to stretch and partake in mindless Flash Games until they are back up. Though it may be difficult, it is crucial that players suffering from the disease refrain from checking if the servers are online every 4-5 seconds. Checking once every 25-30 minutes is an acceptable interval.

Politics
    Novabiscuit and Cube Island Resolve Historical Grievances
    The people of Novabiscuit had been responsible for the destruction of a Cube Island bridge (a responsibility which Lightbulbs agrees to). Recently, they have agreed to repair the damage they dealt to the bridge, resolving the historical conflict once and for all.

As for the ultra-deep pit that stands on their beach, Novabiscuit stands not responsible for its creation, as no evident proof could be drawn back to it. Many are suggesting keeping the pit, possibly filling it with water to make a deep pool, or adding an external staircase to serve as a mine shaft.

Peaceful Nations at Dissent with Current Realm Wars System
    The aggressive and often invasive nature of the [UMAD] alliance leaves some realms in frustration as they wish to retain their neutrality. A proposed Alliance Upgrade is said to be in development that will resolve the issue for nations that wish to be at peace.

The most obvious way to remain neutral is to Ignore war declarations, although that will eventually lead to heavy IP deductions from the realm. The Alliance Upgrade will likely be a cheaper solution to Ignoring and Negating war declarations, although the upgrade is said to be a, "Double-Edged Sword."

The Round Table Alliance Remains in the Development Stage
    Th3Guy, leading Ambassador of the proposed [RT] alliance remains alliance-less as it awaits a second realm to join its cause. The intricate and unique system of which it is based on is said to be the most intriguing of any alliance, although information on said system is yet to be released.

Sports
    Cube Island Said to be Performing No Further LBG Tournaments
    Pandgames07, leader of Cube Island, has stated that Cube Island will no longer be conducting public LBG Tournaments. This will be directly linked to a dramatic decrease in player turnout to the tournament, but Panda states that, "[Open Tournaments] just get too crazy and no one listens." Allegedly, the easier management of a smaller tournament is said to be the better solution to a hectic, larger one.

Terranobyl Rumored to be Launching the First Invitational Tournament This Weekend
    For those that are unaware, an Invitational Tournament in LBG terms refers to a Tournament that gladiators must be invited to. This is usually linked to a higher ticket cost, but whether or not this is true for this particular tournament is still unconfirmed. The possible gladiators that will receive an invitation will most likely be those that had been victorious (or close to victorious) in previous tournaments. Though Terranobyl may still invite back some of the oldies that presented proper sportsmanship, as that is what the game is all about.

As for the audience, ticket prices will most likely be increased. Additionally, though, betting on matches will be allowed prior to the tournament's beginning. Betting on the entire outcome of the tournament will also be allowed, with a higher risk for higher reward, of course. The winning and 2nd place prizes can be sufficiently larger than what was seen in previous tournaments, and so this should lead to a more competitive atmosphere.

Creations
    Terranobyl Stadium Receives Its Long Overdue Showcase
    LBG fans that have had the pleasantry of attending some of the tournaments at Cube Island Stadium and Terranobyl Stadium were surely taken in by the huge, open field and stands that give them a true stadium feel.

Terranobyl Stadium, the first ever constructed on MineRealm 2.0, is the successor to Kurachi Stadium. They share a similar design, but Terranobyl Stadium is almost 3 times as large with seating for 6 times as many fans. The field is also over 3 times as large, allowing for 3v3 and Free For All action.

The stadium itself remains incomplete, symbolizing its Realm's state of constant growth. But fans that arrive there are still awestruck by the sheer size of it.

So far, 74,000 Cobble, 4,000 Logs, and 800 Glass has been used in its construction. It is estimated that an additional 35,000 Cobble and 2,800 Logs will be needed before the stadium reaches its completion. Images will be uploaded featuring the stadium shortly.

Editor's Notes: I decided that since it received such praise the first time around, I would pump out another Issue today just so everyone has something to read to enjoy themselves with. These will retain an official layout as they have these two times.

Incidentally, it is unconfirmed whether the phrase "Black Night" is a typo for the religion, instead actually referring to "Black Knight". If the name is indeed correct, the irony behind the name is very prevalent; a black (dark) night would refer to a night where one has a lack of coal and cannot sufficiently light his living space. This is an unexpected name for a religion that worships Coal, the most common source of light.

I will be adding more sections to the Issue as the ideas expand. Currently, I am planning on having a "Crafter's Corner" that will provide building tips, such as which materials look great together, how to create a dome, etc. I also would like to hire a Redstone Engineer to assist me in creating a "Wirer's Corner", that will provide lessons on redstone in order, progressively getting to more complicated ones. I can do the first few, but inverters and RS-Latches are pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

Arena From Afar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By tgebbia
panthers17nfl wrote:
1) Through what previous Realm Leader Cogohst describes as a, "technical mistake"...

2) But Ramien123 has other plans. The recently established religion, The Temple of the Black Night, is a driving force behind this man's existence. He plans to immerse the unique Terranobyl culture in this new-found creed, forcing out their traditional Kurachi-Creepism roots.
1) LOL Cogohst is a technical mistake. Cogohst, leave.

2) NEVER
By Pandagames
Panthers I have found that completely staying out of the IP/war system is fine instead of my Peaceful perk idea. Like if you just never use IP (No wars) you will never have to worry about paying anyone because the debit will just grow and collapse like its 1929 again :D
By panthers17nfl
Pandagames wrote:Panthers I have found that completely staying out of the IP/war system is fine instead of my Peaceful perk idea. Like if you just never use IP (No wars) you will never have to worry about paying anyone because the debit will just grow and collapse like its 1929 again :D
Then the point of your alliance is.... ? :X

All hail SIA, the first Circle of Friends degree alliance! :D
By KyleFate
Through what previous Realm Leader Cogohst describes as a, "technical mistake", the realm of Terra Celestis had been disbanded some time mid-afternoon of March 23rd. It appears as though the intended action was to relocate their realm warp, but this somehow escalated into the absolute removal of the realm itself.
Me and Cog are no longer friends :P.
The realm of Terra Celestis once housed fine workers that have produced many great creations. Their legacy remains as the 15th largest realm ever. Recently, though, that legacy had come to an end.
I think a better legacy would be that we had the 2nd largest Population.
Last edited by KyleFate on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Blackhawkonfire
Terra Celestis in Terranobyl say WHAT?! When did that happen?! >.<
By KyleFate
Blackhawkonfire wrote:Terra Celestis in Terranobyl say WHAT?! When did that happen?! >.<
Yesterday, me and cog made plans for this, weren't you there when Cog and Panthers were discussing it?
By Blackhawkonfire
I guess not O.o I thought I was on until the crash, but...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]