Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By The-Jack-DeCk
Boomer2011 wrote:Do you think people would still play the Survival Minerealm server?
Yes, because there is an economy there, it's survival (which in my and my friends' opinions is better), and it's more of a reward to build on.

Creative is only good for making really large builds or planning builds for survival. In my opinion, if you don't work for your build (ie: don't gather or buy materials), then it automatically becomes WAY less impressive.
By FlannyFlan
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:
Boomer2011 wrote:Do you think people would still play the Survival Minerealm server?
Yes, because there is an economy there, it's survival (which in my and my friends' opinions is better), and it's more of a reward to build on.

Creative is only good for making really large builds or planning builds for survival. In my opinion, if you don't work for your build (ie: don't gather or buy materials), then it automatically becomes WAY less impressive.
OK so let me see... if someone makes a full scale model of the enterprise, Tahj Mahjal or something thats like amazing IRL or in fiction.. even if its creative.. its totally not impressive? yeah ok.
By Agentred
FlannyFlan wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:

OK so let me see... if someone makes a full scale model of the enterprise, Tahj Mahjal or something thats like amazing IRL or in fiction.. even if its creative.. its totally not impressive? yeah ok.
I think he means, you build up an overall wealth that you can show off. You can use things like diamond blocks and glowstone to show your wealth, unlike creative.

Of course giant awesome builds on creative are still awesome. I really do hate all the diamond block houses, though...
By mitchie151
Creative is for showing off your skills as a builder. If wealth is the sole reason you play survival you must have some kind of superiority complex.

If you asked me, minerealm survival already is a creative server. There is no challenge, or survival aspect at all. Just patience. Not skill.

Te greatest builds in minecraft are not aleays packed with valuables. That I can assure you.

Why should an amazing player be limited by what they can afford? This is a chance for people to show their greatness, and if all you see it as is a chance to plan your builds you are horribly mistaken.

Who knows? Maybe the best builder in the world is already playing on minerealm? This is a chance for them to show their stuff.
By Agentred
mitchie151 wrote:Creative is for showing off your skills as a builder. If wealth is the sole reason you play survival you must have some kind of superiority complex.

If you asked me, minerealm survival already is a creative server. There is no challenge, or survival aspect at all. Just patience. Not skill.

Why should an amazing player be limited by what they can afford? This is a chance for people to show their greatness, and if all you see it as is a chance to plan your builds you are horribly mistaken.

Who knows? Maybe the best builder in the world is already playing on minerealm? This is a chance for them to show their stuff.
It's not like it's that hard to get blocks. Look at SilverknightM, he built an amazing mansion legitly. It's more impressive that it was built without flymod and that all the blocks were mined, not spawned in creative.

Collecting stuff and building epic bases is fun in survival, creative just gets boring. In survival, you can to an extent, live in houses and what not. In creative, once it's built... that's it. You just look at it.

I'm just more of a survival guy. Just my opinion.
By mitchie151
Agentred wrote:
mitchie151 wrote:Creative is for showing off your skills as a builder. If wealth is the sole reason you play survival you must have some kind of superiority complex.

It's not like it's that hard to get blocks. Look at SilverknightM, he built an amazing mansion legitly. It's more impressive that it was built without flymod and that all the blocks were mined, not spawned in creative.

Collecting stuff and building epic bases is fun in survival, creative just gets boring. In survival, you can to an extent, live in houses and what not. In creative, once it's built... that's it. You just look at it.

I'm just more of a survival guy. Just my opinion.
Ive always preferred survival as well, but silver has been playing for a very long time.

I don't think any build In survival is any more 'inpressive' but I can respect it's owner for putting in the hard work to get those materials.

Still, I think that in creative, in certain worlds, we will see much more impressive things than we see on survival.
Last edited by mitchie151 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kroxic
FlannyFlan wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:

absolutes != relatives
less impressive != not impressive

I don't see how anyone could think a massive creative build is equally impressive to an identical build on survival.
By nickisbestpony
World Edit takes little to no creativity. I get more satisfying results out of actually building an enormous house or whatever by hand.

As being relatively new the the Server, I am really excited for this!! :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]