Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By cerevox
The country motd probably only triggers when entering/exiting the country, so you probably will rarely even see it.

Also, walling off your realm will only work if you wall off the 8 surrounding realms as well. If someone wants to add your realm to a country, they just have to make a dirt pillar to max height and jump onto your wall, since you can't wall above max build height.

If all you do here is build, there is no problem, none of this will effect you. If you trade for supplies it will be annoying, but not any different than if the tax rate of MR as a whole was changed. I think yall are perhaps overstating the negatives by a bit.
By OtherKitty
i have to agree, i'm with Fritter also... but as i have said before, this is intelli's place, it's what he wants and we have to deal with it. wish i had enough glass to wall off 16 realms O.o

pvp, factions and fighting just aren't my kind of gameplay, but i'll try to ignore it the best i can and keep on mining. i like to get my own stuff anyway so the taxes will only affect me in buying and selling realms.
By JonColmanator
cerevox wrote:The country motd probably only triggers when entering/exiting the country, so you probably will rarely even see it.

Also, walling off your realm will only work if you wall off the 8 surrounding realms as well. If someone wants to add your realm to a country, they just have to make a dirt pillar to max height and jump onto your wall, since you can't wall above max build height.

If all you do here is build, there is no problem, none of this will effect you. If you trade for supplies it will be annoying, but not any different than if the tax rate of MR as a whole was changed. I think yall are perhaps overstating the negatives by a bit.
Wow, finally someone who isn't crying hard over the loss of a few extra credits. Anyways, you could always build your wall in the inner realms, so that people can't get onto the wall by jumping. Lets see them get through that without ender pearls.
By fritterdonut
JonColmanator wrote: Wow, finally someone who isn't crying hard over the loss of a few extra credits. Anyways, you could always build your wall in the inner realms, so that people can't get onto the wall by jumping. Lets see them get through that without ender pearls.
You seem to think I'm crying about the loss of credits. Trust me, I'm not. I'd gladly pay a 25% tax to the server.

What I don't like is that someone is essentially putting their name on my realms.

As for walls, they are both impractical and easily circumvented.
By connorartman97
JonColmanator wrote:
cerevox wrote:The country motd probably only triggers when entering/exiting the country, so you probably will rarely even see it.

Wow, finally someone who isn't crying hard over the loss of a few extra credits. Anyways, you could always build your wall in the inner realms, so that people can't get onto the wall by jumping. Lets see them get through that without ender pearls.
By mitch1423
Why not make a country yourself Fritter? You could actually profit from it in the long run. Intelli said that in the future you will be able to withdraw funds from the country or something similar. Also I'm not sure what you guys are so worried about. Countries will take forever to get to your land if it is far from spawn.
By connorartman97
mitch1423 wrote:Why not make a country yourself Fritter? You could actually profit from it in the long run. Intelli said that in the future you will be able to withdraw funds from the country or something similar. Also I'm not sure what you guys are so worried about. Countries will take forever to get to your land if it is far from spawn.
Because Silly goose, when all you are aiming for in playing is to build and expand your city by buying more realms you don't want to have to waste 50k on some imaginary country system.
By OtherKitty
it is taking me a little while for all this to settle into my brain. when this came out i was running on fumes and was having a hard time figuring out what it all meant. it is helping to have you guys explain it. i don't think it will really affect me all that much, just the kind of stuff i see in chat will probably just change a little from pvp in the nether to who is attacking who.

and we really couldn't wall off our realms anyway due to the rule regarding having an opening so people can pass through. so i will just sit back and see how it plays out and just be happy that certain people aren't here to make it really annoying ;)
By JonColmanator
connorartman97 wrote:
mitch1423 wrote:Why not make a country yourself Fritter? You could actually profit from it in the long run. Intelli said that in the future you will be able to withdraw funds from the country or something similar. Also I'm not sure what you guys are so worried about. Countries will take forever to get to your land if it is far from spawn.
Because Silly goose, when all you are aiming for in playing is to build and expand your city by buying more realms you don't want to have to waste 50k on some imaginary country system.
Then, "Silly goose", man up, stop whining over a bunch of words that quickly vanish off a screen, don't get overly fussed over a couple of lost credits and carry on as usual.

Simple.
By kerovon
_b3ast_ wrote:Scenario:

I have 50 realms set up for my country.
One person comes in and conquers ONE of the realms.
I still conquer 49, but he/she has 1 of the original 50 realms on his/her conquer list.

What is affected? Is it only if I have my home in that realm that they can tax me HARD?

If someone has his/her home set in trade, is that the only way in which they may be taxed by the spawn realm?
It only effects you if your home is set in that realm. Once it is annexed, anyone with a home set there will become a citizen of the other country.

If someone's home is in trade, they will be taxed by the spawn country. That is the only way that happens.
eah2119 wrote: Question: Do taxes apply to blocks placed and destroyed within the annexed realm? Or all credit transfers? Or does it apply to people with their home set in the annexed realm? Do taxes take away from the citizens' revenue or is it just a creation of additional credits? e.g. one block broken = .4 rc for the citizen and .1 for the country or .5 for the citizen and .1 for the country. I fear the taxes part is too ambiguous.
Taxes only apply to the credit transfers of citizens with homes in that country. Credits received from mining is not effected. You pay the taxes of whichever country your home is located in. It basically just changes the quantity and destination of a portion of the previous 10% tax.

jeniansmom wrote: But, if I get this right, I can't add & fortify a realm of mine that's far from the block of 16 because I can't make it part of my country b/c it's not adjacent. If this realm becomes part of another country it shouldn't affect me at all though.

If I wanted to spend the extra rc I could make another country in that far away realm? Even though I would only be taxed per whatever country my "/sethome" is in, there is nothing to stop me from starting multiple countries if I want to?

If I name multiple countries the same thing do they act like they are part of one country for the purpose of the rankings the way realms do?

If someone feels the country they are a citizen of has too high taxes, they can just change their /sethome to a realm within a country with more palatable taxes, or a realm that is not part of any country and just pay 5% tax yes?

If your home is not in the distant realm, it does not effect your tax rate at all.

If you want to make a distant realm part of your country, I would recommend making a long line of realms between them fortified with only 1 unit. That would be fairly cheap, and allow you to connect. As is, public realms only take 1 unit to conquer. If someone else's country is in the way, you can always try to get them to agree to defortify temporarily the realm, so you can claim it and move past, and then they can reclaim it from you.

Starting multiple countries is only possible if you abandon your previous one. Your home needs to be set in the new location of the country.

I do not believe you can merge countries by naming them the same thing.

Yes, they can change their sethome if they do not like the tax rate.

Prodigy9 wrote: Is it possible to annex public realms, or only private ones? I'm a bit confused here by the ambiguity of the term "realm" (50 x 50 plot of land vs. all the land owned by a particular group of players).

A "realm" for the purposes we are discussing is a 50x50 plot of land. Both public and private realms can be annexed by countries. The country system expands on the same grid system previously set up for the realms because that was the most convenient and easy way for us to implement it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]