Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
MineRealm Countries System

Are you a veteran player of MineRealm, looking to add even more depth to the game? Countries enable you to claim, conquer, and control realms. With countries, you can specific tax rates and more for the citizens of your country.

--

How do I join a country?

To join a country, simply go in a realm and use /sethome. You will become a citizen of the country that has control over that realm.

How do I create a country?

To create a country, use "/country create <name>" within the realm you wish to claim. There is a base 50,000 credit fee - however, this will provide you with an initial 50,000 units in that realm.

How do I claim more realms?

Within a realm adjacent to a realm your country already owns, use "/realm attack <units>". If you attack with a unit amount greater than the current fortified amount, you will gain control over that realm.

How do I fortify realms?

To fortify a realm, use "/realm fortify <units>". You can also take units out of a realm by using a negative number.

Can I see how many units my country has available?

To see the current units available, use "/country units".

How do I get more units?

To buy units, use "/country units purchase <amount>". 1 unit costs 1 credit.

How do I set the tax rate?

To set the tax rate, use "/country tax <amount>". This will set the tax rate for all citizens of your country. Please note the tax rate can only be changed once per week. The minimum tax rate is 5%, and the maximum tax rate is 25%.

Additionally, there is a base 5% server tax rate. So if you set the tax rate to 5%, you will receive 0%. If you set it to 25%, you'll receive 20%.

Where do taxes go?

Credits from taxes go to "/country funds".

What can I spend country funds on?

Currently, use can use "/country funds units <amount>" to transfer funds into country units. More options for funds will be added in the future.

Can I set a fee for joining a country?

Yes. To set the membership fee, use "/country fee <amount>. When someone now tries to use /sethome in your country, they will be required to pay the fee amount.

Please note that if you conquer a realm, all users that have their home set in that realm will automatically become citizens and not be required to pay the fee.

--

All Commands:

/country - Shows the information for the country you're a member of.
/country create <name> - Create a country in the realm you are standing on.
/country leaders - Shows the leaders of the country
/country leader <name> - Existing country leaders can use this command to assign additional country leaders.
/country funds - Shows available country funds.
/country units - Shows available country units.
/country tax <amount> - Sets the country tax rate.
/country fee <amount> - Sets the cost to join the country.
/country motd <message> - Sets the MOTD for the country.
/country units purchase <amount> - Purchases country units. Any citizen can use this.
/country funds units <amount> - Converts country funds to units.
/realm fortify <units> Add or remove units from a realm. Can be a negative number.
/realm attack <units> Attack a realm with the specified number of units.

--

An important note on country security:

Leaders must have their home set in their countries. If there is only one leader, and his home realm is annexed, he will be removed from the leadership of that country. If there are other members of that country with homes still in that country, one of them will be randomly assigned to be leader. If there are no other members, the country will disband. If there are multiple leaders, then this will be a moot point unless all of them have their realms taken over.

If you want to be safe, make sure you fortify your home realms, and have multiple leaders in different locations.

If you still have any questions, please either make a post below, or ask a mod in-game.

If you would like to make a bug report or a feature suggestion, post here: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5371

Have fun!
By mitch1423
I'm not really sure I see the point... Yes it sounds fun but all you can do is control realms and tax people...to control more realms to tax more people. You can't make any money doing this so it seems like a waste of time.
By shaddowdemon
When you attack... it sounds like the units get to be kept? Couldn't someone basically just gather 1 million units and then roll through any country they wanted? It seems like as long as they have more total units than a country, they can completely abolish another one. I don't have a country though so I can't test this out.

If that's how it is, I would recommend the units being used to attack be destroyed. If a realm is fortified with 500 units, and someone attacks with 550, it only makes sense that they should have 50 left.
By kerovon
OtherKitty wrote:so someone could take my realms? i'm confused.
Your realms can not be taken. Countries are another overlay on top of the realm system.
mitch1423 wrote:I'm not really sure I see the point... Yes it sounds fun but all you can do is control realms and tax people...to control more realms to tax more people. You can't make any money doing this so it seems like a waste of time.
mitch1423 wrote:Yes it sounds fun
Than the goal is accomplished. The point of any game is to have fun.
By The_Pandemic
we need a way to change or disband, we bought spawn building, not what we want. how do we disband / sell or leave it or possible move it to where we want it to be?
By kerovon
shaddowdemon wrote:When you attack... it sounds like the units get to be kept? Couldn't someone basically just gather 1 million units and then roll through any country they wanted? It seems like as long as they have more total units than a country, they can completely abolish another one. I don't have a country though so I can't test this out.

If that's how it is, I would recommend the units being used to attack be destroyed. If a realm is fortified with 500 units, and someone attacks with 550, it only makes sense that they should have 50 left.

If a realm has 500 units and you attack it with 501 units, it will have 1 unit when you take it over. This should prevent that problem.
By fritterdonut
I wish there was a command to opt out of this. I have no interest in starting a country, nor do I want to be forced to become a "citizen" of some country because they felt like taking my (non-participating) realms over.

I know it doesn't have any effect on your realm really, but it's just kind of degrading to have your realms "presided over" and be forced to be a citizen just because a group decides to steamroll the whole map.

And in reality, this is what is going to happen.

Also, lol @ all the people who voted for countries because they thought the plan for countries would be different from what the old plan for the country system was. (Here's a hint: It's not!)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]