Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By taxidriver308
Ok guys. If you are wondering if this is going to effect you if you dont want to join in, these are the two ways that it will affect you.

If you are not part of a country your tax rate will drop to 5% from the before 10%.

If you get taken over and become a citizen, your tax rate will be 5% to 25% depending on the what the country leader wants to set it at.

That is all. They can not take away your realm, access your chests, build or destroy blocks, etc...
You will have to put up with the MOTD tho.
By Prodigy9
Well, I guess we know what the lottery winners will be doing :P

Also:
kerovon wrote:
Seratias wrote:So if someone conquers you, can they look in yo chests? And break yo blocks?
Hide yo blocks, and hide yo chests, cause we've got some countries minerealm park!
No, they can't.
Thank you Seratias for asking and kerovon for answering. That was my only major concern about this system--other than that, it sounds like fun :D

As for the concerns about how non-participants may have to move their /sethome in order to avoid higher taxes: you only have to move /sethome when you are trading; after finishing a trade, you can move your /sethome back to its original position. Inconvenient, perhaps, but not a game-breaker for those who decide to opt out of playing Risk with the rest of us.

EDIT:
Two suggestions:
Moved to the countries suggestions thread.

EDIT #2:
Intelli wrote: How do I claim more realms?

Within a realm adjacent to a realm your country already owns, use "/realm attack <units>". If you attack with a unit amount greater than the current fortified amount, you will gain control over that realm.
Is it possible to annex public realms, or only private ones? I'm a bit confused here by the ambiguity of the term "realm" (50 x 50 plot of land vs. all the land owned by a particular group of players).
By JonColmanator
Lololol, if you don't want a part, you only get an MOTD that you could easily just ignore, and with talking individuals it'll quickly shoot off the screen, and you might have a little more credit taken out of transactions at the leaders discretion. You'll only find the country's name if you use /realm.

Surely we can't be fussy over a couple of woods that'll instantly go off the chat screen? And surely a few lost credits won't make much difference? Hunger... hunger... hunger...
By fritterdonut
JonColmanator wrote:Lololol, if you don't want a part, you only get an MOTD that you could easily just ignore, and with talking individuals it'll quickly shoot off the screen, and you might have a little more credit taken out of transactions at the leaders discretion. You'll only find the country's name if you use /realm.

Surely we can't be fussy over a couple of woods that'll instantly go off the chat screen? And surely a few lost credits won't make much difference? Hunger... hunger... hunger...
Yes, actually, I do have a problem with that.

So sue me. My realms are mine and I'd prefer not to have a random MOTD on them.
By JonColmanator
Oh look, a couple of words appear on my screen that'll disappear any time now.

Rage...
By connorartman97
fritterdonut wrote:Yes, actually, I do have a problem with that.

So sue me. My realms are mine and I'd prefer not to have a random MOTD on them.
I basically agree with everything Fritter has said, This is a stupid, stupid idea. And not how i thought countries would work at all.

I mean really, Attacking?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]