Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Kojaimea
Its funny because as Cogohst said (In a now presumably lost skype conversation):
Cogohst wrote:Everyone who posts a goodbye thread ends up coming back.
Now they can't, LMAO!

Good work Intelli.
By Wxclm
CirJohn wrote:@Intelli - Banning people who make goodbye posts is not a deterent. Most people who write goodbye posts are frustrated and genuinely feel like never returning when they write the post. Knowing they will be banned isn't going to discourage them or reduce postings.

As an alternative, forum ban them. Goodbye posts can't be stopped, but this will keep forums from becoming drama-filled arguements with a player that has claimed they don't want to be here. This would also prevent the ineviatable drama-filled ban appeals of players who change their minds and want to come back.

So please, forum ban them INSTEAD of banning the from the game. If they do come back, make them win at monopoly to get back their forum privelidges :)

@Flanny - Flanny, I like you, so please don't take offense at this next bit...

Why are you getting butt-hurt over getting banned when you just said you will never be coming back?

@Supercalifrag - Gramar, get some.
Now Minerealm monopoly :D and you, get some Grammar.
By Intelli
Kojaimea wrote:Its funny because as Cogohst said (In a now presumably lost skype conversation):
Cogohst wrote:Everyone who posts a goodbye thread ends up coming back.
Now they can't, LMAO!

Good work Intelli.
Exactly why this was enforced.
By CirJohn
Wxclm wrote:Now Minerealm monopoly :D and you, get some Grammar.
That's spelling. :p
By mitch1423
Better remove the chat section if you don't want useless threads/posts....
By ChronicTacos
mitch1423 wrote:Better remove the chat section if you don't want useless threads/posts....
Pretty sure one of the reason Intelli officially implemented this was because of the "unnecessary drama."
By cerevox
The ban for goodbyes rule has been around for a long time and I, for one, am pleased to see it being enforced again. If you announce you are leaving, and don't have the will to actually carry through on it, the admins will lend you a gentle helping hand holding a soft and fluffy little hammer to make sure you do what you said.

The take home message here is that you should do what you say, so the ban shouldn't matter. If you post a goodbye thread you should never even know if you are banned or not, since you will never try and rejoin the server ever again.
Last edited by cerevox on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Magerman
YAY. I'm sick of all the attention-lovers doing this. -cough flanny
By Supercalifrag
Wxclm wrote:
CirJohn wrote:@Intelli - Banning people who make goodbye posts is not a deterent. Most people who write goodbye posts are frustrated and genuinely feel like never returning when they write the post. Knowing they will be banned isn't going to discourage them or reduce postings.

As an alternative, forum ban them. Goodbye posts can't be stopped, but this will keep forums from becoming drama-filled arguements with a player that has claimed they don't want to be here. This would also prevent the ineviatable drama-filled ban appeals of players who change their minds and want to come back.

So please, forum ban them INSTEAD of banning the from the game. If they do come back, make them win at monopoly to get back their forum privelidges :)

@Flanny - Flanny, I like you, so please don't take offense at this next bit...

Why are you getting butt-hurt over getting banned when you just said you will never be coming back?

@Supercalifrag - Gramar, get some.
Now Minerealm monopoly :D and you, get some Grammar.
Thank-you, just about to say that myself.
By Prodigy9
I thought the rule was you get banned for a serious rage-quit, not for less dramatic "hey guys I'm leaving" type things. Anyway, good to have it clarified and explicitly stated, so there can be no whining when it's enforced.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]