Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By fritterdonut
JT said it earlier in this post, and I'll say it again:

How can you say "too chocolatey" when the vast majority of the votes in the "Future Minerealm Features" supported this:
Option D
Barely vanilla. Still nothing that changes core gameplay mechanics, but with the possibility for way more options. (A country system, etc)
By starspeed
I'm agreeing with some earlier posts, even is there are more then 3 End portals, they will probably all have been sealed from the public in the first 24-48 hours. Also, I have never had an economics class, yet I know more about economics than the people saying " the price of glowering will be lower". Denied! Say, for example, that Apple had the ability to make their products super cheap, they wouldn't because as long as people keep buying the product, the price stays the same or goes up.
By The-Jack-DeCk
This probably won't change anything, but my opinion is that party limits to six people is (curses at this limit for 10 minutes) and that guilds are (curses at guilds for 10 hours). The ONLY good things that come put of this are the player expirience thing and the realms still being the same.

Honestly, this whole idea of changes is my nightmare minerealm, and I may decide to just sell my realms and give my rc to some lucky person if these changes turn out to be what i expect. I would really (says "really" 9,999,999 more times) not like this chocalatey version of minerealm, and I will now tell you a little story of a server I once saw:

Once appon a time, I found a server that I didn't understand. It had warps, pvp use complication, 100 different tags, people building great buildings but with spawned items. It had a strange money systrm, it had stores manned by signs, it had many, many dumb things. I said to myself "this is what minecraft was ment to NOT be." *story over*

That story is my nightmare server, and I feel that most of these changes bring minerealm closer to it than to what minerealm is right now.

Knowing that I can't change this, I just would like to tell you that my wish is to have NO changes, or the alternative of making parties 20 people max and not having guilds. That is what I would like to happen, and my whole point is that this future change is a turn for the WORST.
By cerevox
1. Nothing of course. I simply don't like that sort of play style. Since I play this game for fun, I am not about to do something I would find annoying over the long run.

2. Just straight by the formula then yes, it doesn't matter much. However you have to take into account that many of the factions have more than 6 people. This means that the 6 designated netherers will grind smoothstone non-stop or place blocks constantly non-stop while their non-party faction members clear gravel and harvest/process resources for them. A single player would have to stop to make tools or food but a faction grinder won't.

Although I do admit, the party xp is simply exaggerating this situation. This would of occurred bonus xp for a party or not.

3. The issue is who is going to harvest the easy glowstone in the main open areas of the nether. Factions will be able to get to level 10 first and strip the easy glowstone out first, which will mean all independents will be stuck hunting in the nooks and crannies and avoiding any fights for the first couple of weeks of the nether.

Once again, this would of already occurred, the level 10 cap is just going to exaggerate the effects. The factions will instead of getting 80% of all glowstone get 85% or 90%. That sort of thing. But that 5% is pretty significant to those of us who are lucky to walk out of the nether with a stack or two of glowstone dust over the course of a couple of days.

Basically, the factions have a massive advantage at collecting glowstone and the proposed changes are going to make it an overwhelming advantage.

Honestly though, I don't really use glowstone so its a lesser concern for me. It is just that the changes have very little impact on all other aspects of the game, so that is the one noticeable thing sticking its head up to be hit.

My big concern which isn't effected at all by the changes proposed is portals to the end and how they are pretty much guaranteed to be seized within days and locked down.
By Emershaan
All I have to say is...
Newbies are massively overwhelmed by the server as-is because their little brains can't handle it. Adding on a ton more features and systems suddenly will just reduce the number of people who stick around long-term and increase the amount of confusion and whining.

While I don't care for being super duper orthodox vanilla or anything, this seems just a bit of an abrupt jump in a direction that's a bit unlike the server and doesn't seem favored by people. I'd prefer it stay streamlined and functional, with only features that either prevent griefing or enhance gameplay, rather than just throwing stuff on to look fancy.
By StodgY
Emershaan wrote:All I have to say is...
Newbies are massively overwhelmed by the server as-is because their little brains can't handle it. Adding on a ton more features and systems suddenly will just reduce the number of people who stick around long-term and increase the amount of confusion and whining.

While I don't care for being super duper orthodox vanilla or anything, this seems just a bit of an abrupt jump in a direction that's a bit unlike the server and doesn't seem favored by people. I'd prefer it stay streamlined and functional, with only features that either prevent griefing or enhance gameplay, rather than just throwing stuff on to look fancy.
I don't think changing anything will reduce the whining coming from some people... They just don't seem to understand it or don't listen at all. We should stay with our kind of gameplay and maybe perfect it a bit. Some people who come in won't get how to play and be social even if we add 5000 signs at all the spawn points.

Were humans we can't help these people day and night..... Pity, but still true...

~StodgY
By Quentijn
Me like :P

But seriously, some stuff is still not 100% clear to me but I don't get all the fuzz about the lil bonus party members get (when they are mining/building within 50 blocks) that bonus might not even be a 5% which would mean they save 3 minutes in an hour work. 3 minutes = just piss your pants for a time and stay online instead of going to the toilet :roll:

Note that if we stay "too much vanilla" we are just another server. This update will just evolve the current attracting plug-ins into more oustanding plug-ins.

I don't got more to say, I voted for D and I'm still 100% glad I did so.
By cerevox
This is false. See WoW for proof. Most of the new features don't become apparent until they have played a bit so it works out pretty well.
By Prodigy9
cerevox wrote:
This is false. See WoW for proof. Most of the new features don't become apparent until they have played a bit so it works out pretty well.
Agreed. I think it'll be tougher for current players like us than for new players... to them, it'll seem like the changes have always been there, but we may struggle for a while before adapting to the changes.
By eah
Firstly, what is meant by too chocolaty or too vanilla?

Secondly, my first post made me look like an idiot. So, to clear some things up,

From my understanding, the resources in minecraft ARE limited. There's only so much of it. Glowstone is extremely limited. Some resources are readily available. But still, it takes time and effort to mine something as simple as dirt. Even dirt is limited, or water, or cobble, or wood. We don't get things out of thin air. We have to find and mine them, right? If everything was unlimited, there wouldn't be a price tag. Everything would be free. There would be no buyers and no sellers.

From what I learned in my high school economics class, the price is determined by the intersection of the supply and demand curves. If demand increases, the entire demand curve shifts to the right. The buyers will pay more for the same quantity. If supply increase, the entire supply curve shifts to the right. The seller can provide more quantity at the same price. This usually means that costs have gone down for the supplier. What's going to happen in this nether wipe is there will be a sort-of surplus in glowstone - a supply increase. Since there's going to be so much of it, wouldn't price decrease? In response to a supply shift, quantity demand will increase. The demand curve won't shift. The equilibrium price and quantity will just change.

In this next major update, there will also be a shift in demand though. Glowstone will be used for brewing. Since the buyers know there's plenty of glowstone, they may demand more of it.

Most of Apple's products have had a falling price over the years despite inflation. I think this is because Apple's costs have gone down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

I'm only a senior in high school. Maybe I don't understand it completely. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Thirdly, I'm looking forward to a larger map. It'd be nice to have an infinite map, but I can't even comprehend how that would affect the lag.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]