Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By atlarjy
Did I miss a point where Intelli says how much XP it will take to level?

There seems to have been a lot of discussion about the advantages of guilds and parties. If it's 20k XP or more per level maybe that's true, if it's 100, or even 1000 xp per level a lone player could make level 10 in a day maybe 2 with minimal effort. It's possible a lone player may even make it faster than a group just because of the time wasted to organize a group of people if the XP per level is low.

There really aren't enough details to make any definitive arguments at this point. Will the system need to be adjusted after some play testing...yes. Almost all of them do.

I still don't think this will have a huge impact on us other than to give the factions their own chat unless Intelli chooses to make the each level a huge amount of XP. The factions will get most of the resources like Glowstone with or without this because there are more of them to gather it.
By billknye
Intelli wrote: People aren't going to pay for it (ridiculous prices anyways) as long as they can go and get it for free in the Nether themselves.

It took about 3 months for the Nether to be cleared of glowstone the first time.
Maybe we should have a system where the Nether is wiped slowly over time. What could work is if 1 chunk of the nether was wiped every hour, this could either be a chunk picked at random or a systematic approach. This way the majority of the nether would remain over time, you would still be able to identify things day-by-day but resources wouldn't just dry up. At this rate, the whole wipe would take about 5-6 months, the load on the server for generating chunks would be trivial, 1 chunk / hour.

One thing that might be fun is for the seed used to regenerate the new nether chunks to change with each full pass, that way the nether is an ever-changing place.
By chris-MHq9VME9JQ
I want to give my +1 to the concern of many people, that the planned leveling system will make minerealm less appealing, especially for newbies. I very much agree with the majority, which seems to think that limiting the nether to minerealm XP level 10 will put almost all glowstone in the hand of very few which then control the prices.

Also, I loved using the nether for quickly bringing friends new to minerealm or random newbies looking for a place to live to my rather remote realm. Happened several times. I even built a complete nether road from spawn to one edge of the nether only for this. It would be a shame if newbies lose the ability to travel quickly.

That said, don't get me wrong. I don't think any gameplay changes to minerealm are urgently necessary, but I am also open for fun changes or additions, that keep it simple and respect the vanilla flavor. Only the currently proposed changes seem to go in the wrong direction. Not fun, but mostly hindering people. Like others pointed out experience only seems to prevent some people to enter the nether, but not increase fun for the majority. Please reconsider!

At the same time I want to thank Intelli and the others for all their hard work. Thanks very much guys!!
By eah
I VERY much like the idea of limiting the new players passage to the nether and end, because that would masivly prevent grieving. I'm not sure about the extra experience obtained by working with a group of people. It seems many posters are disagreeing with that part because it would give certain players an unfair advantage when it comes to the gold rush.

I really don't see it that way. Everyone's starting off with the same amount of experience. Everyone has the opportunity to join a party and gain that extra experience. The only unfair advantage (which has always existed), is the number of hours per day spent playing on the server.

Either way, I don't care. I believe Intelli's working hard enough to bring this awesome realm system to minecraft. Intelli, do what you feel will work. If it doesn't, oh well. You can always just get rid of the experience system all together. No biggie.
By Airlie91
I'm okay with most of this, but i have one suggestion,
can the Nether be wiped every 3 or 4 months (basically when all the Glowstone has been mined, so that we don't run out of obtainable glowstone and then have to buy it off the hoarders?

i think that would make a great improvement on the current system :)

KingSpartacus
By eah
Doesn't the amount of glowstone diminish over time? It requires 4 glowstone dust to craft a block of glowstone, but doesn't a glowstone block not always drop 4 glowstone dust when mined? So if glowstone is constantly placed and destroyed, glowstone will eventually disappear.

Though, there's probably plenty of glowstone in the new nether to not cause any significant drop in the quantity of glowstone over the life of the server. If it's necessary to wipe the nether again, Intelli can always go for it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]