Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Prodigy9
taxidriver308 wrote:First off, enchantments are random, you do not get to pick what you get. Secondly, the silk touch enchantment is like a 1 in 100 chance of getting it (i think from what i gathered by glancing through the pseudo code). And this is if you have enough exp to attempt to enchant that many picks in the first place.

No, I believe that the majority of the glowstone will be picked clean before someone startes mining it with a silk touch pick :(
You can exit out of the enchanting window without enchanting anything (and keep all your exp points) if the one you want isn't in there. And apparently there is some kind of order--albeit not a particularly obvious one?--between the weird code letters and the corresponding spell, so although there will certainly be some trial and error involved I think it will ultimately be possible to improve the chances of getting some particular enchantment that you want.
By FaeynHeart
It doesn't matter how long or hard it takes to get a silk touch enchantment on there. Due to the cost of glowstone, it seems a lot better in the long run to wait to get the enchantment then to go off wasting a fourth of my possible glowstone.
By eah
With so much glowstone and so little intelligence by the average player, I think the silk touch enchant will not be used often in the beginning. But as the amount of glowstone decreases, I think players will be more tempted to use the silk touch enchantment to save the dwindling amount that is left.

Also, here's the equation for a visualization if anyone's interested: y=(3/4)^x. The number of times destroyed is the x axis. The amount of glowstone from the original quantity is the y axis.
By FaeynHeart
eah2119 wrote:With so much glowstone and so little intelligence by the average player, I think the silk touch enchant will not be used often in the beginning. But as the amount of glowstone decreases, I think players will be more tempted to use the silk touch enchantment to save the dwindling amount that is left.

Also, here's the equation for a visualization if anyone's interested: y=(3/4)^x. The number of times destroyed is the x axis. The amount of glowstone from the original quantity is the y axis.
You're missing a big point. Who says that the average players are going to get the majority of the glowstone? Did you forget that there are factions who have been preparing for this?
By Prodigy9
eah2119 wrote:With so much glowstone and so little intelligence by the average player, I think the silk touch enchant will not be used often in the beginning. But as the amount of glowstone decreases, I think players will be more tempted to use the silk touch enchantment to save the dwindling amount that is left.

I would imagine that silk touch will not be used in the free-for-all glowstone harvest at the beginning, but once it's brought back to the overworld it will certainly be used when someone wants to change its location (because at that point, time is no longer an issue so players can take the time to create the proper enchanted tool).
By eah
Now here's something interesting: The fortune enchantment.

I'm not sure if it's available in the full release, but from what I've seen on youtube, you can get a lot more than what you usually get. Like you get 4 diamonds by mining only one diamond ore. You could get 16 glowstone dusts from a glowstone block. This might actually increase the amount of glowstone. This enchantment might cause everything to be renewable. It costs 40 levels of experience, though. So I guess you'd be better off mining glowstone normally than to spend so much time earning that experience. But when you run into that occasional diamond ore, you better have that enchanted pick out!

Also, it would be baffling to see that this works on iron, gold, and diamond blocks. If it did, you could easily multiply the amount of diamond by 10 and just keep going, making it renewable.
By BSGSamuel
Don't worry, notch isn't stupid. It online works for coal and diamond ore I believe. You can't make infinite diamond blocks with it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]