Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Hey everyone!

As you should be aware, starting in November, we will be switching from one single server, to multiple separate physical servers (known as channels). We're looking for people willing to sponsor these channels! The minimum amount to sponsor a channel is $30/month (although you can certainly give a higher amount if you wish).

----------
Servers:
----------

Core Server: $150/month
This server hosts the database (stores realm data, etc), hosts chat data, as well as any player data and block data. This server is responsible for connecting the multiple channels, and ensuring that data is synced across servers. This server will also be responsible for statistics, and creating backups and generating world overview maps

Channel Servers: $150/month each
Channel servers each contain three channels, each channel containing duplicate data of the MineRealm worlds. Players can join any channel to play on MineRealm. (Per channel cost is $50/channel)

Channel sponsors will get their name shown whenever a player logs in to that channel.

----------
Core server sponsor: Intelli
Channel 1 sponsor: Intelli
Channel 2 sponsor: Intelli
Channel 3 sponsor: _b3ast_
Channel 4 sponsor: Intelli
Channel 5 sponsor: Intelli
Channel 6 sponsor: Intelli

The number of available sponsor slots are listed above by the channels.

If you are interested in sponsoring a server, simply send a donation of a minimum of $50 (1 channel), and post below. However, please note that you are agreeing to fund this amount monthly, although of course you can back out at any time, you must give at least 1 month notice.

To donate, simply head over to http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=714

Thanks!
By mitchie151
I would donate, but unfortunately cannot nearly afford this.... When i get a job.....
Ill just erratically donate random ammounts like the old times.

Edit: If i get a job soon (which i plan to) i will help fund the server.
Last edited by mitchie151 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Intelli
Updated: I'll be footing the costs of the main 3 servers.
If you guys want a third channel (which would be ideal), you'll need to cover the costs. (5 x $30 sponsors)
By Prodigy9
Quentijn wrote:Im not getting it, what will this mean for the core gameplay?
Will this mean we play on different worlds?
No, we will play on the same map, but there will be two copies of it, and they will update each other. So if you're on one channel and you break or place a block, that same block will be broken/placed on the other channel(s) as well. And if you place an item in a chest, those items will also be available on either channel.

The only difference for gameplay is that only about half of the players on the server will be on each channel. For example, say you and your neighbor are on separate channels, and your neighbor begins building something. You will see the blocks he placed appearing in the location where he placed them, but you will not see your neighbor's character. If you switch to his channel, or he switches to yours, then you will be able to see his character as usual.
By Quentijn
Prodigy9 wrote:
Quentijn wrote:Im not getting it, what will this mean for the core gameplay?
Will this mean we play on different worlds?
No, we will play on the same map, but there will be two copies of it, and they will update each other. So if you're on one channel and you break or place a block, that same block will be broken/placed on the other channel(s) as well. And if you place an item in a chest, those items will also be available on either channel.

The only difference for gameplay is that only about half of the players on the server will be on each channel. For example, say you and your neighbor are on separate channels, and your neighbor begins building something. You will see the blocks he placed appearing in the location where he placed them, but you will not see your neighbor's character. If you switch to his channel, or he switches to yours, then you will be able to see his character as usual.
Ty for clearing that out, had a lil panic attack that minerealm would be a multiworldserver (which would have s*****)
By LeafWarrior254
I think donors should be sponsers automatically if they donated $30 or more. I believe that all the donor info is on the donating post.
By mitchie151
hippoface wrote:What will you get for this? Like an [Epic] tag or something?
Probably a [Sponsor] or [Donor] tag.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]