Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By jamcghie
Cogohst wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Oceans are very annoying, but they are part of minecraft. May I suggest a random seed?
I know this will be denied, but it would be cool to throw chance a curve ball and see how it reacts.

-Will the map be expanded? Will the nether? (The nether is getting wiped completely, right?)

-The excact date of the wipe? This would help.
The seed has been pre-chosen as to predict the placement of the current spawn realms.

-The map will be expanded, as will the wiped-Nether.
-The wipe will happen soon after Mojang releases the 1.9 update.
Doesn't Intelli use Bukkit? Will we not have to wait for an update?
By Cogohst
jamcghie wrote:
Cogohst wrote:
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Oceans are very annoying, but they are part of minecraft. May I suggest a random seed?
I know this will be denied, but it would be cool to throw chance a curve ball and see how it reacts.

-Will the map be expanded? Will the nether? (The nether is getting wiped completely, right?)

-The excact date of the wipe? This would help.
The seed has been pre-chosen as to predict the placement of the current spawn realms.

-The map will be expanded, as will the wiped-Nether.
-The wipe will happen soon after Mojang releases the 1.9 update.
Doesn't Intelli use Bukkit? Will we not have to wait for an update?
Intelli does use Bukkit, but with all of the pre-releases Mojang has been muscling out, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to bring everything up to 1.9 compatibility.
By UrbanB
i hope my house requires little modification with the new world seed... excited to see what biome i end up in! hurry it up mojang i want to get my chests back to normal sea level!
By Soul K
Is there a map we can see and overlay with the current one so we can decide if we want to move or rough it out. :shock:

Also is the new 1.9 map also going to use the higher world height or stick to the current max height?
Soul K wrote: Also is the new 1.9 map also going to use the higher world height or stick to the current max height?
Most likely it will be the original y128 height since this server tries to be mostly vanilla.
By Prodigy9
Laserminer wrote:
Soul K wrote: Also is the new 1.9 map also going to use the higher world height or stick to the current max height?
Most likely it will be the original y128 height since this server tries to be mostly vanilla.
In addition, I think I read something from Notch a while ago suggesting that if the height was increased, it would have to go all the way to 256 (something to do with how the game keeps track of blocks, it uses powers of 2... 128 = 2^6, so it would have to go to 256 = 2^7). Basically, this would double the number of blocks or spaces that the computer needs to keep track of for a map of given length and width. I therefore suspect that lag would be an issue as well.
By Prodigy9
Question about world wipes: will the wipe after the beta 1.9 update (which is sounding like it'll instead be the update to the official full release of minecraft) be our last server wipe for sure? What I'm getting at is, what about the possibility of new blocks and/or biomes being added after the official release (and after our server's wipe)? Would additional server wipes happen if updates warranted it, or would we just make use of the "near-infinite" map size to find chunks containing the new stuff?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]