Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Hey everyone!

Due to the massive changes Notch has made to the terrain generator, we will be using a new seed for 1.9. And to clarify right away, even if we stayed with the current seed, it is ultimately a "new" seed, as everything is completely different.

Unfortunately, with the new generator, it generates massive oceans. This isn't necessarily bad in itself. However, this means that some realms WILL be imported into oceans.

We've searched for over 8 hours for a map that doesn't have an ocean within the main 10,000 x 10,000 current area, with no luck

--

Due to this, here's some information on the seed we've selected:
  • The main, initial, 2,000 x 2,000 area around spawn city is all land.
  • Abyssus spawn point, at X:-1000, Z:4231, is in the middle of a large ocean.
  • Roanoke spawn point, at X:4931, Z:3240 is on a peninsula, connected to a mainland.
Due to this, all existing "spawn points" (Abyssus / Roanoke) will be initially revoked, and will need to be re-submitted.

--

If you have any questions, or have an area you would like checked, please let me know.
Thanks!
By Intelli
Update: The Roanoke spawn point is actually on a peninsula, connected to a mainland. Not the spawn city mainland though, a different one it seems.

Seems like they got fairly lucky, and should have no issues with getting re-approved as a spawn point.
By Intelli
alaxmax wrote:Are you still searching for seeds that contain more land than ocean? And will realms built side by side be randomly scattered over the map?

-alaxmax
No, we are done searching, and have selected a seed.
Also, please see: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2764

We're still following that plan (although it'll be MineRealm 3.6 / 3.7 instead of 3.4 / 3.5)
Noticed the edit while I was typing out my post. That's great news. All I was going to say was we'd build a bridge out if needed but it would be sad to know people probably wouldn't expand the city as it's starting to pick up nicely. Great to know people will still be able to help expand. :)

When will the spawn point get yanked? Right before the update or sometime soon?
I haven't really done a whole lot to the realm I've bought.. placed some chests and put some blocks here and there to patch things up.. does that mean when the new world seed is implemented there could possibly be strange blocks floating around?

Might it also mean that my chests will be above/below ground somewhere I can't access them?
Unfortunately, with the new generator, it generates massive oceans. This isn't necessarily bad in itself. However, this means that some realms WILL be imported into oceans.
Edit:
Being thrown in to a massive ocean area with an owned realm. say example. New Frogtown is a 8x8 64 Plot Square, does that mean we will have ocean over our stuff now cause we are at Y65 which is like roughly ocean level, or does it mean our plots ( 8x8 64 plot area ) will be surrounded by a massive ocean?

Sorry if that sounds funny haha im abit tired.

Suikadesu
By Prodigy9
Suikadesu wrote:
Edit:
Being thrown in to a massive ocean area with an owned realm. say example. New Frogtown is a 8x8 64 Plot Square, does that mean we will have ocean over our stuff now cause we are at Y65 which is like roughly ocean level, or does it mean our plots ( 8x8 64 plot area ) will be surrounded by a massive ocean?

Suikadesu
I'm pretty sure the blocks within your realm will remain unchanged. The worst that could happen is you might have water flowing in from the edges of the realms if there are holes in the walls below sea level. The risk people are talking about is that a truly massive ocean might form around a city, making it very difficult for anyone to get there.
Prodigy9 wrote:
Suikadesu wrote:
Edit:

Suikadesu
I'm pretty sure the blocks within your realm will remain unchanged. The worst that could happen is you might have water flowing in from the edges of the realms if there are holes in the walls below sea level. The risk people are talking about is that a truly massive ocean might form around a city, making it very difficult for anyone to get there.
oh... alright haha thats fine.
Aww, that sucks. What can we do? Fill in the ocean? Terraform it into an island with bridges? This really will be a massive pain.

Also, noticed a typo: Abyssus is at X:-1000, not -100
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]