Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Warning: This was DISCONTINUED.

MineRealm Spawn Policies

Creating a Spawn Point

Command: /setspawn
  • When using this command, you are requesting to have a spawn point set as the exact location you are standing at.
Requirements:
  • The spawn point must be at least 1,000 blocks away from another spawn point.
  • You must be situated within a realm you own. (Being a member of a realm does not count)
  • Must have the following signs, in this exact order, immediately at the spawn point:
Sign 1
Welcome To
MineRealm

Sign 2
Our Website:
minerealm.com

Sign 3
Please
Do NOT
Disturb Other
Peoples Stuff

Sign 4
No Griefing
No Exploits
No Cheating
No Swearing

Sign 5
No Client Mods
No Flying
No Speed Hacks
No Xray Hacks

Sign 6
Please Respect
Admins, Mods
And All
Other Players

Sign 7
If You Have
A Question
Please
Ask A Mod

Sign 8
Type
/help
For A List
Of Commands

Sign 9
Type
/trade
To Enter The
Trading Area

Sign 10
The Trading
Area Contains
More Advanced
Tutorials

Sign 11
Have Fun!
  • You are required to keep the signs at your spawn point updated to match this thread.
  • You cannot have a spawn point that directly opens up into a shop (or is in a shop) - spawn points created for advertising purposes will be rejected.
  • All signs in your spawn building must be on one single straight wall, with signs placed at eye level with optimal lighting.
  • There must be one exit, at the end of the row of signs. Exits at the beginning of the signs are not permitted. This is to enforce that new players pass by the signs.
  • Your spawn point building must exit into an open area. It can not open into a tunnel or another building. Additionally, there must be a road from the building exit that leads to public land.
  • If at any time, your spawn point is no longer following the rules, the spawn point will be removed.
  • Spawn points require manual approval from a moderator before they become active.
  • Upon using /setspawn, you will not be able to use the command again until your current point has been approved or rejected.
  • Spawn point requests may be rejected, even if they meet these requirements.
Do NOT pester a moderator to approve your spawn point. If you do, it will automatically be rejected.

Removing a Spawn Point
If you are an owner of a spawn point, and would like it removed, please send a message to Intelli on the forums.

How Do Multiple Spawn Points Work?
Typing /spawn will take you to the spawn point that you are closest to. For new players, when they first join the game, they will spawn at a random spawn point.
I still think it would be nice to have access to the official spawn point via /spawn and perhaps the nearest spawn by /nearspawn or something similar. But that's probably just me. D:
Lineant wrote:Hmm, that's a good idea, I have my arena have the official spawn. D:
And my house is over 1000 blocks from spawn, what if someone makes a spawn like 500 blocks from my house? o:
That is the same for me i think saves' idea is a good one.
savesthedazed wrote:I still think it would be nice to have access to the official spawn point via /spawn and perhaps the nearest spawn by /nearspawn or something similar. But that's probably just me. D:
I also agree with this, because I think it is easier to say meet at spawn so I can show you where my realm is.

(that was just an example)

Also, if people are setting different places as spawn it will considerably lose the same feeling of walking to that area to see many civilized areas built at say Spawn 3 or something like that.
Perhaps make it so the main spawn location (center of the map) is always /spawn... And whoever makes other spawnpoints can either name them or have them numbered.

like say "/spawn 15", "/spawn Celestis", "/spawn Foxtopia"

if /spawn takes you to the nearest spawnpoint, how do you trade with other people who live far away?
Will there be a central /trade area? This seems like it will make navigation really sadistic.
Last edited by fritterdonut on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just pointing out stuff here, like Saves, Laserminer, and Ninja said, a lot of realms and shops ETC are centered around SPAWN. Some players also had to pay 50k for a spawn realm as well. Refund time?

And next, this idea would be great, if a new spawn is around public land. No more new players saying "waaaaaaahhhhh where can I build?" "Where's public land?" "I don't want to walk." "Blah blah blah blah blah."

Both have pros and cons.
fritterdonut wrote:Perhaps make it so the main spawn location (center of the map) is always /spawn... And whoever makes other spawnpoints can either name them or have them numbered.

like say "/spawn 15", "/spawn Celestis", "/spawn Foxtopia"

if /spawn takes you to the nearest spawnpoint, how do you trade with other people who live far away?
Will there be a central /trade area? This seems like it will make navigation really sadistic.
lol@you

/trade already exists.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]