Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By SilsuCrow
savesthedazed wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote:Question: Since the map is going to be all but infinite as of 1.8, how is the server map going to be handled? Are there going to be small maps for each Spawn City or something? Or just one crazy big map?

Not technically related, but I'd like to know where things are in relation to me and what /spawn will be closest to me.
I believe that Intelli said somewhere that the map would remain at its present size.
Wait, the server map of the World Map?
By blackknight24
The only thing i don't get about this is why we need to ruin our own land with 11 signs that no one will read anyways, seems silly to me!
By Prodigy9
blackknight24 wrote:The only thing i don't get about this is why we need to ruin our own land with 11 signs that no one will read anyways, seems silly to me!
By putting signs with the rules at spawn, and telling new players to read the rules, we eliminate the possibility of pleading ignorant when someone is caught breaking the rules. If people read the signs, there may be less rule-breaking, and if people don't read the signs, there are no excuses for rule-breaking. Win-win situation for the server.
By biocheeze
i honestly think that it should be extreamly difficult to get a spawn okayed because with my luck someones gona just set up a spawn 999 blocks away from my realm to let poeple go to his little dirt shack instead of my hopefully soon to be big city

either that or set them up so every 1000x1000 area gets one in the dead center(or a little bit off because i realize you cant just put a spawn in the middle of someones castle they spent months on without their ok)
By kerovon
biocheeze wrote:i honestly think that it should be extreamly difficult to get a spawn okayed because with my luck someones gona just set up a spawn 999 blocks away from my realm to let poeple go to his little dirt shack instead of my hopefully soon to be big city

either that or set them up so every 1000x1000 area gets one in the dead center(or a little bit off because i realize you cant just put a spawn in the middle of someones castle they spent months on without their ok)
It is unlikely that a dirt shack will be made into a spawn, seeing as ever spawn has to be personally approved by a mod/admin, and we will have fairly high standards.
By alaxmax
What if you are, say, six thousand blocks away in one direction but in the other direction, you have the two coords the same or close to the same, i.e: spawn(x)'s coords are 4500z and -1200y whereas spawn(y)'s is -2000z and -1250y. There is a big distance in traveling, but since the y is just about the same and/or the same, it is considered to close?
By EpicBros
edit: answered my own question.
Last edited by EpicBros on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By alaxmax
I have already seen a different spawn. I am trying to create one as well, but I don't really understand the principle of it :P And there are already people that have a spawn point which prohibit me from creating my own, but aren't they far away?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]