Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By savesthedazed
Aelcalan wrote:The far lands are prohibitively far. Even in the nether, you'd spend way too much time simply travelling.
Sounds like a challenge to me. :)
By Kojaimea
Aelcalan wrote:The far lands are prohibitively far. Even in the nether, you'd spend way too much time simply travelling.
Actually we could cut down the walking distance by huge amounts if we worked together, the far lands is not a set distance away from the map centre. The far lands distance from the centre of the map depends upon how many chunks have been rendered, the more chunks rendered means your closer to the far lands itself.

Therefore if everyone split off in various directions to cover as many chunks as we possibly could, we may be able to find the far lands within a day of walking or sooner.

(This is how the map generation used to work, I am unsure weather Notch has changed this or not)
By Intelli
Kojaimea wrote:
Actually we could cut down the walking distance by huge amounts if we worked together, the far lands is not a set distance away from the map centre. The far lands distance from the centre of the map depends upon how many chunks have been rendered, the more chunks rendered means your closer to the far lands itself.

Therefore if everyone split off in various directions to cover as many chunks as we possibly could, we may be able to find the far lands within a day of walking or sooner.

(This is how the map generation used to work, I am unsure weather Notch has changed this or not)
You're incorrect. I advise either reading the minecraft wiki, or going to the farlands in SP to see for yourself.
By Kojaimea
Intelli wrote:You're incorrect. I advise either reading the minecraft wiki, or going to the farlands in SP to see for yourself.
I could have sworn I saw that the distance was at a maximum and that it could be shortened with the number of chunks loaded. I will have to try and remember who said it, though I do remember it was said in 2.0.

Ahh well I must be wrong, sorry for giving misinformation.
By CalebTheCreep
Intelli wrote:
connorartman97 wrote:
Intelli wrote:We will likely have a /trade command.

It will take you to a sealed room (with windows!), that you can't get out of, unless you type /trade again, which returns you to your previous location.
Will it be multiple trade rooms, or one large trade room such as in spawn?
It will be the current trade room that's at spawn.
Hey, Intelli. I have 4 realms at spawn that I use, but my home point is at my other realms far away. In 1.8 will there be a way to get to my spawn realms without having to walk the entire way?
By BSGSamuel
At first you will still be able to use /spawn and go to the original spawn as it will be the closest. Once someone creates a spawn nearer to you, you will be spawned at that new spawnpoint instead. So eventually you probably won't be able to get back to the original spawn without walking or using the subway.
By seanconnore
MineRealm 3.4
This is intended to be released immediately after Minecraft 1.8 is launched by Notch.

1. Map wipe. As with all the new terrain modifications, etc, implemented by Notch, we feel that it's necessary to reset the map.
2. Realm transfer. Any currently owned realms will be transfered to the new map. That includes all buildings within the realm, chests, etc.
Not my favorite idea...

1.Realm transfer is ok... but you will still have the same amount of time to find an empty realm...

2.Are you going to transfer RC

Now i am done here
By savesthedazed
seanconnore wrote: 2.Are you going to transfer RC
Intelli wrote:- Realm credits will transfer
From the first post of this thread.
By McFattyXXXL
question. can you like impliment a locator in the maps. I mean I have troble looking for my area that I live in. so if you can like add where when you log in here at the site, you can go to teh maps like survival, and see where your current set spawn is.
By imahaxor
savesthedazed wrote:
Sounds like a challenge to me. :)
Lol, I went to the Far lands in single player, it's a scary place.... *shudders*
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]