Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Hey everyone!

I just want to shed a bit of light on the upcoming MineRealm 3.4 & MineRealm 3.5.

MineRealm 3.4
This is intended to be released immediately after Minecraft 1.8 is launched by Notch.

1. Map wipe. As with all the new terrain modifications, etc, implemented by Notch, we feel that it's necessary to reset the map.
2. Realm transfer. Any currently owned realms will be transfered to the new map. That includes all buildings within the realm, chests, etc.

To clarify on what will, and will not be transfered:
- All blocks placed within a realm will be transfered.
- All chests within your realms, including their contents, will be transfered.
- Items within other containers (such as Furnaces) will not be transfered. Please place any valuables within chests.
- Player inventories will not be transfered. Please place all your valuables within a chest before 1.8 launches.
- Any world data that is not within an owned realm will be reset.
- Realm credits will transfer
- Set homepoints will transfer. Please ensure your /sethome is set within a realm, otherwise, you'll likely have issues.

Please note that the final backup of realm data (what's put on the new map) will be done approximately 12-24 hours before 1.8 launches. We are not responsible for any data lost after that point, and it's not our fault if you didn't put your valuables in a chest soon enough.

--

MineRealm 3.5
This will likely be released several days (or even sooner) after 3.4 is released.

1. Larger map. Basically infinite.
2. Dynamic realm system to go along with the larger map, so a realm can be purchased anywhere. (No longer restricted to 40,000 realms)
3. New system for preventing speed hackers.
4. Multiple spawn points, able to be set by user (requires moderator approval) - /spawn command takes you to the closest spawn point. New users are initially taken to a random spawn point.

--

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please post them below.

Thanks!
By Bonejunky
I like everything except for the random spawn points. If there are spawn points all over the place, there will be so much griefing all across the map.
By jailbird556
Everything about it seems great except the multiple spawns. Here is a few pros and cons about the random spawns:

Pros- Realms will be closer to spawns making them in a walking distance, Anything found can be easier to access, Stores could be chain companies increasing profit.

Cons- Griefing will now be everywhere basically eliminating the 500->1000->2000 block rule, Trading with other players will no longer be possible in a lot of situation (Saying meet at spawn for trade has to depend which spawn your nearest to), Stores will not be accessible to all players as they will be at different spawns, Multiple /homes and /sethomes may need to implemented so realms near other spawns can be in reach, Store chains may be able to exploit players as the players only have access to one store.

As you see the cons greatly out weigh the pros.

If anyone thinks of anymore I hope you post them.

Well that is my two sense and I hope this is taken into consideration.
Thanks,
Jailbird556 . :lol:
By Laserminer
The random spawn points will be interesting. Just so I will be able to warp to the original spawn from my base ~4000 blocks away from it, I'm good with the plan.
- Any world data that is not within an owned realm will be reset.
So does this mean if I purchased a plot in 3.0 and have a few plots around it not purchased yet that I would like to in the future, those might be in a different biome than the one I bought? Or are you simply going to use the same seed for the new map?
By Prodigy9
ShadowNinji wrote:What would be awesome is if the map wrapped after about 120,0000 plots giving it a planet feel. As for infinite map...seams a bit too...infinite.
That would be awesome... actually go around the world and, after tens of thousands of blocks of travel, end up where you started. Unfortunately, though, Minecraft doesn't have that possibility (to the best of my knowledge) :(
By ShadowNinji
Prodigy9 wrote:
ShadowNinji wrote:What would be awesome is if the map wrapped after about 120,0000 plots giving it a planet feel. As for infinite map...seams a bit too...infinite.
That would be awesome... actually go around the world and, after tens of thousands of blocks of travel, end up where you started. Unfortunately, though, Minecraft doesn't have that possibility (to the best of my knowledge) :(

Nope, not yet anyways.
By jailbird556
ShadowNinji wrote:
Prodigy9 wrote:

Nope, not yet anyways.
The problem here is simple. I will give an example of what will go wrong. Get a ball and find out its circumfrence. Now get a square piece of paper that has a diagonal measurment same as the circumfrence. Now wrap the paper around the ball so the corners touch. Sure one half is covered and the corners touch but there is space where the ball is still visible. There would be areas in the void. Blocks would have to be add streched or removed to make this work. Also a square map in a circle would corrupt the file because of overlapping areas.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]