Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
Note: Only the survival server has realms.

New to MineRealm? Realms are a unique aspect of the survival server, enabling users to create (or join) a realm. Realms automatically expand depending on how much is built within a realm. Within a realm, the realm leader(s) can choose to enable or disable features such as PVP, explosions, buckets and fire.

If you're new to Minecraft in itself, please be sure to check out this beginners tutorial: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutor ... er's_guide

Additionally, please note that you can type “/help” within the game for a list of all available commands. This tutorial only outlines commands directly related to the “realm” feature. For a list of basic commands, please look here: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=272

--

How do I create a realm?

Within the game, type "/realm create <name>". Please note that you can only create a realm if you're currently not a member of a realm, and you can't create a realm in an area that would overlap an existing realm.

If you're new to the game, we recommend joining an existing realm before venturing on to creating your own realm.

How do I join a realm?

Within the game, type "/realm join <name>". If you've been invited to a realm by a user, you'll be notified of the realm name. You can join any public realms, or any realm that you've been invited to.

How do I see a list of realms?

Within the game, type "/realm list". Please note that all realms aren't public. If you're looking to join a realm, we advise asking around in-game, or looking on the forums, for a good realm to join.

How do I leave a realm?

If you're a member of a realm, type "/realm leave" to leave the realm. If you're the only leader of the realm, the realm will be disbanded once you leave it.

How do realms expand?

Realms automatically expand depending on how much has been built within the realm. You can type "/realm status" at any time (if you're a member of a realm) to see how many more blocks need to be placed before the realm expands.

How do I know where a realm is?

When you're nearing the edge of a realm, you'll get a warning that you're about to enter the realm. Additionally, you'll be notified once you enter the realm. You can also type "/realm info <name>" at any time to find out information about a specific realm, such as the directions to that realm.

You can also type "/realm" at any time to show you information regarding the present realm you're situated in, along with information about the realm you're presently a member of.

How do I warp to a realm?

If you're a member of a realm, you can type "/realm warp" at any time to return to the realm. You can't warp to realms that you're not a member of.

Can I be a member of multiple realms?

No, you can only be a member of a single realm.

How do I know who else is within a realm?

Type "/realm members" to view a list of members within the realm. This only shows information regarding the realm that you're presently a member of.

How do I chat to the realm?

Typing "/r <message>" will send a message to all (and only) the members of the realm you're a member of.

How do I invite someone to a realm?

If you're a leader of a realm, type "/realm invite <username>" to invite a user to the realm. You can only invite a user to the realm if you're a leader of the realm.

How do I become a leader of a realm?

If you've created a realm, you're automatically the leader. You can also become a leader of a realm if a current leader types "/realm leader <username>", and sets you as a leader. There is no limit to the number of people that can be a leaders of the realm.

What is a private realm?

Realm leaders can set a realm as public or private using the command "/realm private". A realm can only be set as private once it has at least 5 members. If a realm is set as private, non-realm members can't build within the realm.

A realm leader can also disallow visitors within the "/realm visitors" command if the realm is currently private. If visitors are disallowed, non-realm members will be prevented from entering the realm.

What other special commands do leaders have?

Leaders have access to the following commands:
"/realm invite <name>" - Invites a player to join the realm.
"/realm remove <name>" - Remove the specified user from the realm.
"/realm leader <name>" - Sets a player as a leader of the realm.
"/realm setwarp" - Change the warp location within the realm.
"/realm private" - Make a realm private or public.
"/realm visitors" - Allow or disallow visitors within the realm.
"/realm pvp" - Enable or disable PVP within the realm.
"/realm buckets" - Enable or disable bucket use within the realm.
"/realm explosions" - Enable or disable physical explosion damage (creepers / TNT) within the realm.
"/realm fire" - Enable or disable fire within the realm.

Do I have to join a realm?

Nope. However, if you choose to not build within a realm, it'll be a bit more dangerous. By default, non-realm area is classified as the "wilderness". Within the wilderness, PVP, buckets, fire, and explosions are all enabled.

--

If you still have any questions, please either make a post below, or ask a mod in-game.

Have fun!
By Twisted_100
Excellent post, lots of great info.

Two questions tho:

1. Are visitors unable to remove blocks too?

2. This seems like a typo, I think it should say ''if you're currently NOT a member of a realm
Intelli wrote: How do I create a realm?
...Please note that you can only create a realm if you're currently a member of a realm,...
By Spritzo
Twisted_100 wrote:Excellent post, lots of great info.

Two questions tho:

1. Are visitors unable to remove blocks too?

2. This seems like a typo, I think it should say ''if you're currently NOT a member of a realm
1. No they cannot edit any blocks at all, but they CAN steal from chests. So place blocks above your chests to "lock" them.

2. Fixed
By tgebbia
Spritzo wrote: 1. No they cannot edit any blocks at all, but they CAN steal from chests. So place blocks above your chests to "lock" them.
Does this only apply if your realm is private?
By Spritzo
Saplings cannot be used by non-members, and I doubt buckets will work for them also. Buckets definitely won't work by anyone if they're disabled by the realm owner. Have to check that out.
By venfayth
I have a request:

I for one would like to have a hidden/secret realm. Even if it has to be public, I'd like for a way to hide it. You could still enter it normally, literally the only things I'd like for to be different:

It does not show up on the list of realms, you cannot see it's coordinates by using /realm info, and when the functionality arises it is not shown on the world map.

From a programming perspective it shouldn't be hard to implement unless there are intricacies to the system I haven't predicted.

From a design perspective I think it makes sense because if I want to have a hidden base/house/village I need to either do it in the wilderness or give it it's own realm. If I choose to build in the wilderness that means that if it is found (while less likely) it's going to be easily griefable and also lack the benefits of having a realm. If I choose to build it in a realm that means that anyone who joins the server is going to have a beacon to where the realm is, which defeats the purpose of it being hidden.

On the other hand, leaving this unimplemented also forces players to choose whether they want to sacrifice anonymity for added safety, which could be a more interesting design standpoint.

Regardless, I'd like it implemented, which is why I'm posting this. :) Please consider it.

Thanks for reading this,

ven

P.S. Great job on the realm plugin, and thank you for spending time to make this free server a great place to play. As a former server admin I can relate to the stresses involved with running a server, just want you to know I appreciate the work you put into this server.
By Lm108
Hey can we get realm expansion downsized? Less blocks to expand would be amazing, it's pretty painful right now, just to get a small little 80x80 you need 1000 blocks i think ( I could be off )
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]