Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Grelman
I cant see 1.9 hitting until like early next year, taking into account mojang's track record in the past. Theyre still working on adding more content to this update, and when thats finished it'll be another month or two of ironing out the worst bugs. And who knows, by the time we get a working version of spigot or bukkit or whatever the hell we're using these days itll maybe be midsummer.

All in all, I hope for the best, but lets take a practical look at things, intelli's a generally busy person and when he's got time, really comes out with quality stuff. It's been a while since he last actively played so we can only hope he's nearing another time period where he has free time to dedicate to the server, whether that means v5, or just a minor change to v4.

I also really don't think its necessary to wait until 1.9 is released to introduce v5/ a new beginning since no features in 1.9 require a map reset in order to enjoy. Most of the changes are functional and the only changes to terrain are in the end, and that can be easily reset when we do see 1.9. We're about a month away from 5 years that this servers been up, and I just hope its not this much of a ghost town then.
By Artraf
1.9 seems like a daunting prospect really, and it would definitly need a map wipe/new map. I personally have stopped playing as much on MR because of A: the amount of players on and B: the fact that although I love vanilla, it can get old once everyone on the server has the best possible stuff...

Anyways, Happy Birthday MineRealm, and many many more!!
By MindlessInsanity
Artraf wrote:1.9 seems like a daunting prospect really, and it would definitly need a map wipe/new map. I personally have stopped playing as much on MR because of A: the amount of players on and B: the fact that although I love vanilla, it can get old once everyone on the server has the best possible stuff...

Have we ever gotten an explanation to why we didn't do anything for the 4th? Or april fools this year. Those were the kinda days were I (and I assume others) stood up all night hoping that something special would happen.
By dlgn
MindlessInsanity wrote:
Artraf wrote:1.9 seems like a daunting prospect really, and it would definitly need a map wipe/new map. I personally have stopped playing as much on MR because of A: the amount of players on and B: the fact that although I love vanilla, it can get old once everyone on the server has the best possible stuff...

Have we ever gotten an explanation to why we didn't do anything for the 4th? Or april fools this year. Those were the kinda days were I (and I assume others) stood up all night hoping that something special would happen.
Probably because no one really plays anymore.
By eah
MindlessInsanity wrote:

http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... =9&t=16398

After I built it, I think nobody used it. I should have made it dispense diamonds or something...
By Grelman
General Grievous wrote:8!

Happy Birthday! And congrats!!!

(It's already midnight here in Europe)[/size]
Wow. How did we just go 4 year anniversary thread topic to 8 year anniversary...
By General Grievous
Grelman wrote:Wow. How did we just go 4 year anniversary thread topic to 8 year anniversary...
Yeah, because we can! The original thread is posted on the main page and btw, Intelli himself refers in it to the 8th anniversary.

And here are some reasons, why I highly appreciate that Intelli is still running the server:
1. The game is great!
2. People like Grel, Eah, Neph, Aki, Rokkr (and 50 more)!
3. Great (finished) projects!
4. Nostalgic!
5. More nostalgic!
6. Xmas presents!
7. Worldmap!
8. Intelli!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]