Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By KingSpartacus
Bu1ld0g,
I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that General Grievous was being sarcastic with their mention of the article in theory giving notice :)

Intelli, It would be nice if you responded shortly regarding the questions that have been raised, namely:
A: why were players not given some notice (and 77 weeks of notice doesn't count here) regarding the reduction,
and B: why does it seem to be such a drastic cut-back?

I would like to raise a 3rd question which I feel as important, why cut back the mobs rather than de-activating the iron tube transportation system for a while and allowing for a discussion on the subject of server performance, the various things that may be causing the impact, and the various solutions? I realise that mob reduction is most likely the easiest to implement, and that ultimately you run the server, but I've always felt that you value greatly the opinion of the community on the development of the server, given the community are the ones changes in gameplay affect, and that the community make a large part of the server and it's rep.

Regards,
KingS
By aefferding
In the titans core guild we lost 12 horses, 6 or 7 sheep, 15 or so mooshrooms, all but 1 villager, and some cows. I agree with what KingSpartacus said about the tube transit system due to the fact that it was the main cause of the tps drastic drop. I personally would much rather have animals than a tube transit system. i think that it is unessacary and we do not need it.
By dlgn
I think this is the point where we have to start questioning whether it's worth restricting features to this extent to prevent lag. It might be better to have a lower TPS than to make a change this drastic.
By Intelli
Bu1ld0g wrote:Pretty sure the TPS dropped at the same time iron transit tubes appeared...
KingSpartacus wrote:I would like to raise a 3rd question which I feel as important, why cut back the mobs rather than de-activating the iron tube transportation system for a while and allowing for a discussion on the subject of server performance, the various things that may be causing the impact, and the various solutions?
aefferding wrote:I agree with what KingSpartacus said about the tube transit system due to the fact that it was the main cause of the tps drastic drop.
If you look at the linked timings report, you can see the exact percentage of the load caused by transit tubes: 0.03%. Transit tubes have no impact on server performance.

Entities, on the other hand, were causing between 70%-90% of the server load. There is no doubt that the issue was with entities.

Specifically, mega-farms, and the implementation of the following suggestion, which escalated the issue: http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 10&t=15544
By Bu1ld0g
I was made aware of the iron tubes load after I made the post but you can't edit things after 15 mins here...

This still doesn't address the more pressing issue of why not discuss or give prior warning to the players that keep the server alive.
By XsyntaXerrorX
Intelli wrote:*snip*
Ok so the technical question is answered. Thank you.

What about the questions regarding this radical and instant "spur of the moment" implementation of the update without any prior warning or notice?

I feel like I have been griefed and disrespected.

Is griefing and disrespecting other players still against the rules?
By protex08
Intelli wrote:
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
If people won't be sure I you've done anything if you did it right, because people know you've done something and dislike it, doesn't that tell you you've done something wrong?
By river33
Couldn't we just.. Ban iron farms/gold farms. I mean, I know some people will get mad, but if it is a that big of a deal to keep full TPS, then I feel that would be a better option then just limiting entities everywhere.
By CubanRiot
Do chests count as entities? I see loads of chests at spawn and I get a lag-headache every time I go nearby. I hope this does not count toward chests, because that would severely ruin my storage room with 30 something chests.

nub question, I know, but i seriously want to know. Then again, almost a month playing is still a nub right?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]