Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
This is now in effect, and any violating blocks may be removed without notice.

This is a notice affecting realms within 100 blocks of x0, z0.
That is, the central 4 realms, and all realms directly adjacent to those realms.

Block Ban

Due to abuse in these realms, the following blocks types are being temporarily banned until further notice. Blocks are listed with the associate type IDs.
  • Redstone (55, 93, 94, 123, 124, 132, 149, 150, 151, 152)
  • Pistons (29, 33)
  • Hoppers (154)
  • Lava (10, 11)
  • Signs (63, 68)
  • Chests (54, 130, 146)
  • Nether portals (90)
  • Mob heads (144)
  • Anvils (145)
  • Item Frames (389)
  • Paintings (321)
As well, it is requested that users in these realms moderate usage of the following blocks:
  • Leaves (18)
  • Fences (85, 107, 113)
  • Doors (64, 71, 96)
  • Pressure Plates (70, 72, 147, 148)
  • Buttons (77, 143)
  • Levers (69)
  • Redstone Torches (75, 76)
  • Jack o'Lanterns (91)
  • Fire (51)
  • Iron Bars (101)
All blocks in the banned block list must be removed within 1 week, by July 10th 2013.
After this date, all blocks left in the realm may be subject to a wipe, at staff discretion.

Exceptions may be made, at staff discretion. Contact Intelli if you have any questions.

This is being done to reduce the lag around spawn, which will help make the server more appealing to newcomers.

Even if your realm isn't affected by this notice, but you're within spawn city, cutting down on the mentioned blocks is recommended, and will be beneficial to the server.

Thank you for your cooperation.
By Ratta237
Wait, does this mean that the melon farm will be out of order?
By Intelli
Ratta237 wrote:Wait, does this mean that the melon farm will be out of order?
Temporarily. The public melon farm, spawn signs, the trade chest, etc, will be allowed back right away.
By Eetrab
How much lag are these blocks/items creating?

I thought item frames would be on the list too...
By cobaya18
By Intelli
Eetrab wrote:How much lag are these blocks/items creating?

I thought item frames would be on the list too...
They haven't been a huge issue around spawn lately.
Added them to the second list though.
By mitchie151
Im going to assume this affects the DE temporarily and take the precaution of moving the items from the chests. Quite sad to find this out, we were hoping to finally make the Diamond Exchange fulfill its true purpose, to provide a shop for all of Minerealm..... using a lot of hoppers and redstone.

Can I get a confirmation whether this realm is included in the explicit ban list or not? It is located at -75, -75.
By ColdF3ar
Just a few things: 1) Granted, Im guilty of the overuse of hoppers on my realm, and while im away on break I will try to get someone to handle the removal of those.

2) Is it possible to simply put a limit on the use of signs? I have a big lava wall held up by signs that I will gladly remove but I use some signs for other uses. For example, there are warnings that alert people to the danger of pvp in the nether and such. I also have just a few signs for a guild communication that I would hope to see stay if possible.

3) Finally what about the nether? I beleive my portal at spawn is the synced one. Meaning that when you leave nether spawn you will exit in the overworld on my realm. Will staff simply make a nether portal on spawn now so people can enter? Or should I just not worry about this?

Anyways thanks
By cobaya18
mitchie151 wrote:Im going to assume this affects the DE temporarily and take the precaution of moving the items from the chests. Quite sad to find this out, we were hoping to finally make the Diamond Exchange fulfill its true purpose, to provide a shop for all of Minerealm..... using a lot of hoppers and redstone.

Can I get a confirmation whether this realm is included in the explicit ban list or not? It is located at -75, -75.
It is included in the ban list. It is inside the 100 block radius. Therefore being, that the realms north and south of the DE can have the items/blocks in the ban list, because they're outside the radius.

TL;DR:

No first ring spawn realms can have the blocks listed.

And Intelli, the spawn portal can stay or does it have to be moved?
By Yeavon
want to lessen spawn realm lag? remove the tons of torches on the cobble that causes lag in the chunk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]