Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Rokkrwolf
Recently we have added in nether quartz and have had a few bans with people arguing over rules. So we will try and clarify rules and give you an update on quartz.

The Wilderness is NOT simply public land, but an area beginning at -5000 north. It is VERY clearly marked.

Blocks of Quartz(Chiseled, Pillar, Stairs, Slabs) - will be added into the nether/Wilderness looting rule. For those who don't know the list or where to find it here is a link and quote - http://minerealm.com/c/v/9720
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Looting
As you all know looting is allowed in the nether and is now allowed in the Wilderness, we have also added a new addition to the rule. Placed valuables, defined as Diamond, Gold, Iron, Lapis, Emerald, Glowstone, Obsidian, Mossy cobble, Mossy stone brick, Cracked stone brick, Chiseled stone brick, Anvils, Blocks of Quartz(Chiseled, Pillar, Stairs, Slabs), and Enchanting tables, as well as raiding crops (wheat, melons etc.), fall under the looting rule.

*Exception: Destroying portals for the Obsidian in them will be considered griefing.

Looting clarification - What Ael posted before is exactly what the rule is -
Aelcalan wrote:Incorrect. Looting is not allowed (barring the Nether and similar areas) EVER. While there may be a point at which we just shrug and say, "whatever, it's yours" regarding items in purchased realms, if you are buying them specifically for that purpose, it is the same as looting.
Buying a realm with the sole intent of looting it is against the rules, plain and simple. If I need to add it to the rules page so be it.

Nether traps - So we've been having a bit of controversy over traps in the nether.

"Traps" are allowed in the nether as long as they aren't within 50 blocks of the spawn portal. The same goes for the End except the spawn point instead of the portal. As for the Wilderness it's free game.

Now as for a update to the rule we will be allowing people to disable traps. It will not be considered griefing or looting if a trap is disabled. So don't complain if you find your trap broken.

Portal Blocking - We've have been getting more and more players stuck in portals when they leave the nether. So just wanted to clarify that you guys cannot block the portals. If you wish to isolate a portal so players can't get in your area you can still do so you just need to leave at least a one block area so they can step outside the portal to /spawn or /home.

Snowballing/Fishing Rods - I have said this before
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Q: If a player is throwing snow balls or hitting me with a fishing rod with pvp off and I ask them to stop and they refuse what can I do?
A: Contact a staff member, they will be warned. If they continue they can/will be banned for harassment. In general, throwing snowballs or hitting a player with a fishing rod is not bannable.
I should clarify and update this according to actually say - "Regardless if pvp is on or off a player can snowball any other player. If asked to stop they must, if not staff can get involved and ban the player for harassment.

I apologize for the confusion on that one but I will fix it so you all have the correct rule. Note: This doesn't apply to the nether, Wilderness, or end, but that should be self explanatory.

Optifine Clarification - So it has come to our attention that people have been abusing certain aspects of optifine to get a advantage. Which we clearly always say if it gives you a advantage it isn't allowed. The misconception you guys have is since we allow optifine we allow everything in it. Well that's completely wrong as we have said before with bedrock fog if you have optifine you aren't allowed to disable it.

Now, the feature in question is being able to see through lava. This is a big issue and we want to make it clear, abusing it to see through lava will be considered as xraying. We will be watching closely for this so take it as a warning that if you are caught abusing it you will be banned.

Portal Spawning/Mining - Recently we've been getting pestered whether portal mining is allowed or not. If you don't know what it is you can just ask. But it is indeed allowed.
By eah
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Optifine Clarification - So it has come to our attention that people have been abusing certain aspects of optifine to get a advantage. Which we clearly always say if it gives you a advantage it isn't allowed. The misconception you guys have is since we allow optifine we allow everything in it. Well that's completely wrong as we have said before with bedrock fog if you have optifine you aren't allowed to disable it.

Now, the feature in question is being able to see through lava. This is a big issue and we want to make it clear, abusing it to see through lava will be considered as xraying. We will be watching closely for this so take it as a warning that if you are caught abusing it you will be banned.
Same with the clear water option? It acts much like a night vision potion underwater and can be exploited to find squid or clay easier.
By Rokkrwolf
eah2119 wrote:
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:Optifine Clarification - So it has come to our attention that people have been abusing certain aspects of optifine to get a advantage. Which we clearly always say if it gives you a advantage it isn't allowed. The misconception you guys have is since we allow optifine we allow everything in it. Well that's completely wrong as we have said before with bedrock fog if you have optifine you aren't allowed to disable it.

Same with the clear water option? It acts much like a night vision potion underwater and can be exploited to find squid or clay easier.
Basically yes.
By dlgn
Ste25 wrote:
xxcrapperzxx wrote:Still confused with the looting rule :/
If it doesn't belong to you, don't take it :P
Unless you're in The Nether, The Wilderness, or The End, in which case, by all means, take it.
By Rokkrwolf
dlgn wrote:
Ste25 wrote:
xxcrapperzxx wrote:Still confused with the looting rule :/
If it doesn't belong to you, don't take it :P
Unless you're in The Nether, The Wilderness, or The End, in which case, by all means, take it.
You can't loot in the end.
mitchie151 wrote:Thanks for the update Rokkr...

I wish I had this a week ago...
Not my problem, I had to wait to even post it, Welcome to my World.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]