Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Life_is_a_party
TechnoProdigy wrote:>2013
>Still hot-linking to funnyjunk

>Google images.
By TechnoProdigy
Life_is_a_party wrote:

>Google images.
No, you linked to Funnyjunk's website.
By Life_is_a_party
TechnoProdigy wrote:
Life_is_a_party wrote:

>Google images.
No, you linked to Funnyjunk's website.
I simply clicked the image in google images and right-clicked "copy image URL".
Edit: Actually. Thinking it over, I may have clicked "full sized image" for some, and ended up on the site, I opened the image in a new tab and tried getting the URL there, as that's what seems to work often enough. Clearly this is not so. I have no idea how many times I've done this now.
But, either way, it won't be happening again.
Instead of upload/searching images via google images, I'll just upload them to something and use that. It actually seems easier. I just like the "upload to google images" thing for the "visually similar images".
By GaidinBDJ
Another little tip when it comes to hotlinking (just in general): Remember, you don't control the source. The person hosting that could change that image to whatever they want and it's going to show up in *your* post.

I'm fairly sure that if someone got upset that you were stealing bandwidth and changed your hotlinked image to something extremely offensive, the Minerealm folks wouldn't take it terribly well.
By Life_is_a_party
GaidinBDJ wrote:Another little tip when it comes to hotlinking (just in general): Remember, you don't control the source. The person hosting that could change that image to whatever they want and it's going to show up in *your* post.

I'm fairly sure that if someone got upset that you were stealing bandwidth and changed your hotlinked image to something extremely offensive, the Minerealm folks wouldn't take it terribly well.
I use postimage.org to upload and host an image now, and I've never had a problem since.
Thanks for your attempted help, but this thread is terribly old. I've got a handle on forums now.
And though this is on the very homepage of MineRealm for all to see making me feel like a mini klutz of a celebrity, I'd appreciate it if people would stop trying to give me more advice on how to post images.
Really guys.
I think I got it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]