Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Intelli
Due to item frames causing extreme server lag, they have been disabled / wiped.

They will be re-implemented in the event that the issues are resolved by either Mojang or Craftbukkit.

Thanks!
By mr. roach
Was this the cause for the "bad packet" trouble causing crashes?
By Intelli
mr. roach wrote:Was this the cause for the "bad packet" trouble causing crashes?
Yes, item frames were also causing the client crashes.
By N2Z
Hopefully they will make it a craftable item so it is a block not an entity.
We should all post it as a lag issue to Mojang or CraftBukket so one of them tries to do something about it beyond the limits of the Craftbukkit library.
GJ Intelli.

N2Z
By Eetrab
Why were they causing so much lag?
By cubeguy314
Because they are ENTITIES (y'know, like mobs-sorta stuff) and were causing lag.

Intelli, when you do to item-frame wipe, will we lose the items in the frame and the frame itself? Or will the frame just pop of the wall along with its item?
By N2Z
I'll try explain the best I can;
Erm I don't believe it was the empty frames causing lag themselves, when you place an item into the frames, for example a dirt block. The block of dirt is actually acting just like a dropped dirt block from your inventory, although you can't actually pick it back up because it's locked inside the frame. When it's in your inventory or inside this frame its state is called an Entity. A problem Minecraft has is, if lots of entities are spread about over a map or even mass amounts in one area it causes unwanted, unexpected lag. So sadly when everyone is trying out this new feature and filling all these signs with entities the server over time will start to struggle to maintain these entities and cause crashes or time outs. Hopefully they can make it so the frame acts as a one slot inventory of some kind or you can craft the frame with the entity so it changes state once again back to a Block.

Alternatively they will fix it so large amounts of entities in one map doesn't cause lag.

I believe I am right but If I'm wrong anyone, please correct me.

N2Z
By The-Jack-DeCk
If/when they are added back in, will they be able to be removed by non-realm users? I recall somebody saying that they were like paintings, and would needed codding to be safely secured on realms. Do you plan on adding them back in only when you have safely coded them to be treated like a block in a private realm?
By TornadicManiac
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:If/when they are added back in, will they be able to be removed by non-realm users? I recall somebody saying that they were like paintings, and would needed codding to be safely secured on realms. Do you plan on adding them back in only when you have safely coded them to be treated like a block in a private realm?
This got changed before they got taken away. Intelli fixed it so only realm members can take down and turn the item frames.
By mr. roach
N2Z wrote:I'll try explain the best I can;
Erm I don't believe it was the empty frames causing lag themselves, when you place an item into the frames, for example a dirt block. The block of dirt is actually acting just like a dropped dirt block from your inventory, although you can't actually pick it back up because it's locked inside the frame. When it's in your inventory or inside this frame its state is called an Entity. A problem Minecraft has is, if lots of entities are spread about over a map or even mass amounts in one area it causes unwanted, unexpected lag. So sadly when everyone is trying out this new feature and filling all these signs with entities the server over time will start to struggle to maintain these entities and cause crashes or time outs. Hopefully they can make it so the frame acts as a one slot inventory of some kind or you can craft the frame with the entity so it changes state once again back to a Block.

Alternatively they will fix it so large amounts of entities in one map doesn't cause lag.

I believe I am right but If I'm wrong anyone, please correct me.

N2Z
You nailed it. Hopefully we can have them re-implemented in the future.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]