Talk about MineRealm.
By kerovon
Intelli wrote: What's to dislike?

It is a currency powered largely hype, and a large amount of the actual uses it is put to is very shady, to say the least (see: Silk Road). The userbase is made up of a combination of libertarians afraid the government is going to take away their guns, people seeking ways to buy drugs, speculators hoping to strike it rich during a surge, and a small number of crypto geeks. The most important thing it is doing currently is teaching anarchists and hard core libertarians the importance of regulation in the economy (see: the panic over ghash.io nearly achieving 50% of the market). It is also more volatile than ethanol in an oven (see: its value getting cut in half overnight about a month ago).
By v1RuX
kerovon wrote:
Intelli wrote: What's to dislike?

It is a currency powered largely hype, and a large amount of the actual uses it is put to is very shady, to say the least (see: Silk Road). The userbase is made up of a combination of libertarians afraid the government is going to take away their guns, people seeking ways to buy drugs, speculators hoping to strike it rich during a surge, and a small number of crypto geeks. The most important thing it is doing currently is teaching anarchists and hard core libertarians the importance of regulation in the economy (see: the panic over ghash.io nearly achieving 50% of the market). It is also more volatile than ethanol in an oven (see: its value getting cut in half overnight about a month ago).

The ways to spend them on a legal way are increasing. We had to implement it into a serious shop the last days and I know plenty more.

-a long text about the instable behavior and chances / risks where here and got deleted by my stupid iPhone -
Last edited by v1RuX on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Intelli
kerovon wrote:It is a currency powered largely hype
Do you have some alternative suggestion for getting people to use an entirely new medium of exchange? Hype isn't a bad thing. Heck, a ton of stuff is "powered by hype"
kerovon wrote:, and a large amount of the actual uses it is put to is very shady, to say the least (see: Silk Road).
Not really. When the original silk road was shut down by the government, the price barely took a hit.

Bitcoin transactions can also, to some extent, be traced. Not to say some people aren't going to use it for illegal transactions, but far more illegal activity happens with USD than likely any other currency.
kerovon wrote:The userbase is made up of a combination of libertarians afraid the government is going to take away their guns, people seeking ways to buy drugs, speculators hoping to strike it rich during a surge, and a small number of crypto geeks.
And people who want to donate to MineRealm :D
kerovon wrote:The most important thing it is doing currently is teaching anarchists and hard core libertarians the importance of regulation in the economy (see: the panic over ghash.io nearly achieving 50% of the market). It is also more volatile than ethanol in an oven (see: its value getting cut in half overnight about a month ago).
Ah yes, the importance of regulation by a trustworthy authority.
http://www.usadebtclock.com/

Also, unlike the USD, more bitcoins can't just be printed up at the whims of the government.

-

I'm not saying everyone should go and convert all their money to bitcoins. However, I do feel it's a platform with massive potential, that could revolutionize global payments, among other things. It's a very powerful decentralization system.
By Intelli
BSGSamuel wrote:Out of curiosity, how is the transaction being linked to a minecraft account?

(I was also going to ask how many tokens/mBC but it seems to be 0.82 :) )
Each user is given a unique address to send payments to, and that address is linked to the Minecraft username displayed when you visit the donation page.
By jeniansmom
hmm...

I would like some information on the store please? How many tokens to purchase a tag? How long is a tag good for? That kind of thing.

I was feeling like I wanted to give this a shot until I just realized that the current USD to ONE bitcoin exchange rate is over $800.

That freaked me out a bit.

I haven't made my coinbase account yet because nowhere on there does it say if I'll be able to buy a fraction of a bitcoin, and no way can I afford to purchase a whole bitcoin for this purpose.

Edit: Also, I see that the USD to Litecoin exchange rate is much lower. But on the donation screen the options to donate are BTC and mBTC (what's that?). If one were to purchase Litecoins would we be able to use them for tokens? This is all a bit confusing so far.
Last edited by jeniansmom on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By falareborn
jeniansmom wrote:hmm...

I would like some information on the store please? How many tokens to purchase a tag? How long is a tag good for? That kind of thing.

I was feeling like I wanted to give this a shot until I just realized that the current USD to ONE bitcoin exchange rate is over $800.

I haven't made my coinbase account yet because nowhere on there does it say if I'll be able to buy a fraction of a bitcoin, and no way can I afford to purchase a whole bitcoin for this purpose.
Same here, buying a bitcoin here costs like 500-800 euro's >< Is this donation way going to work with this Intelli? i Dont see people paying this ammount for a bitcoin to donate at once?
By v1RuX
falareborn wrote:
jeniansmom wrote:hmm...

Same here, buying a bitcoin here costs like 500-800 euro's >< Is this donation way going to work with this Intelli? i Dont see people paying this ammount for a bitcoin to donate at once?

You dont have to buy a complete coin, maybe 0.1 is a good start (or even less).

Edit:
mBit is a smaller measurement for bitcoins. Like you have cents as parts of euro/dollars, you can split a bitcoin into very small amounts.
Last edited by v1RuX on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Rokkrwolf
Bu1ld0g wrote:So, what pray tell is "the lounge"?
Or is that to be revealed post wipe
I'm pretty sure I've already voice my opinion prior to the announcement ;) But let's see where this goes there isn't any other alternatives for Intelli.

As far as the "lounge" it's a secret!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]