Talk about MineRealm.
By jeniansmom
Thank you for the answers, Intelli.

Is this method of donating going to be a practical means of helping you offset some of the server expenses? Is this going to be of real benefit to you?
By Intelli
jeniansmom wrote:Thank you for the answers, Intelli.

Is this method of donating going to be a practical means of helping you offset some of the server expenses? Is this going to be of real benefit to you?
Yep, although I'm fine with covering server expenses myself.
By dlgn
Waaaaiiiit a minute.

So you're getting paid? Like, actually paid?

That's good, I guess. I always thought it was for server expenses, though. (Server hosting and...whatever else it is you have to pay for.)
By society
Will there be any possibility in the future of Dogecoins being accepted in exchange for tokens similar to the BTC system which has been implemented?
By Intelli
society wrote:Will there be any possibility in the future of Dogecoins being accepted in exchange for tokens similar to the BTC system which has been implemented?
Not likely. It's very easy to convert dogecoins to bitcoins.
By diamond_boss
Okay, this is what I think. The problem with bitcoins is that now some people may no longer be attracted to donating because the system isn't as simple (shouldn't talk too much, haven't donated yet, though I'd like to). Meanwhile, there are people who understand the system and are more comfortable with buying tokens and such... I'm definitely not one of them because this $800USD to one bitcoin nonsense is scaring me. In a way this makes donating an unbalanced experience between players. Before, you could just give your amount in whatever currency you use and be on your way, simply. But with the new system it's likely that a lot of players will not be able to donate (e.g; kids and younger players who's parents don't like the bitcoin system, or players with liberty over their money who just don't like the intimidation of all the numbers). And so, this may result in some people getting rich off tokens (likely the already-rich players) while other players are left behind. I personally liked the idea of only recieving a donor tag after donating, this store.. the lounge access.. all kinda just reminds me of those computer games I played as a kid where you'd have to spend real money to get the *oh so sought after* privileges that everybody wanted. Like habbo. Anybody remember habbo? Dumped $100CAD on that game.. crazy. Anyways, when you get down to it, I think the donating-without-ingame-monetary-gain system was better. I'd still donate if the new system wasn't so complicated. I don't understand why Money = donating is not better than this system. It was easier and got the job done, lots of people ended up donating.
Last edited by diamond_boss on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]