Talk about MineRealm.
By v1RuX
No one has to spend 800$ for anything. I donated around 50€ and got 55 tokens, which are around 3 months of donor-time. This is a very rough calculation, but basically the price didn't change and the minimum effort didn't change too.

If you want to donate 15$, buy BTC for 15$. There is no rule that forces you to buy a complete coin for 800$. Done, very simple. Granted, the bitcoin markets may be a bit more complex to handle like paypal.
By diamond_boss
v1RuX wrote:No one has to spend 800$ for anything. I donated around 50€ and got 55 tokens, which are around 3 months of donor-time. This is a very rough calculation, but basically the price didn't change and the minimum effort didn't change too.

If you want to donate 15$, buy BTC for 15$. There is no rule that forces you to buy a complete coin for 800$. Done, very simple. Granted, the bitcoin markets may be a bit more complex to handle like paypal.
Ik you don't have to spend $800 for a bitcoin, it's just the complexity of the whole thing that bugs me.
By Chubsy
I love these idea of using bitcoin to donate, Its like using money from the future and all but... I went to http://coinbase.com to get in on the action. First you have to make an account which makes sense, use your email make a password ect ect. Then you have to give them a routing number, bank account number, a backup visa credit card number, your phone number and address. I understand this is pretty much currency exchange and all that info is needed. but to verify your account instantly it asks for your online banking login info... All that was missing was a letter from a nigerian prince asking for 100 dolllars so he could give me 100 million. Joking aside there is another option they have that can verify the account without using your online banking login info but it takes 2-3 days. But as the great JG Wentworth would say, It's my money and I want it now!. I'm an impatient person and I want fast results especially when it comes to my money.

The true worth in any currency is the trust in that its worth something. Now I know bitcoins been around and alot of people use it. But after visiting that site I don't really trust it lol. So I'm gunna hold out on donating for awhile until I see how things go.
By Ryu Aurora
Intelli wrote:But seriously, besides the obvious that PayPal is a terrible company...
I received a call a few days ago at work about a woman asking me why PayPal had decided to pull $2400 out of her account to pay for a $63 order. Long story short, it wasn't our fault and PayPal is, in fact, a terrible company.

Also, Bitcoin? Should we be organizing occupy MineStreet protests?
By TechnoProdigy
Unbound wrote:Minerealm should start have its own mining pool. Honestly wouldn't hurt to try.
Nobody here would be able to effectively mine bitcoins. Litecoins and other ___coins, however, would be slightly easier to mine.
By dlgn
TechnoProdigy wrote:
Unbound wrote:Minerealm should start have its own mining pool. Honestly wouldn't hurt to try.
Nobody here would be able to effectively mine bitcoins. Litecoins and other ___coins, however, would be slightly easier to mine.
How exactly does that work, anyway? Bitcoin "mining"?
By jugglingman456
dlgn wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:
Because apparently link shortening doesn't work? :
Code: Select all
http://*/79n6zo
Last edited by jugglingman456 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dlgn
jugglingman456 wrote:
dlgn wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:
http://*/79n6zo
MineRealm doesn't let you use URL shortening for some reason.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]