Talk about MineRealm.
By dlgn
I would like to request that the thread titled "dlgn's random pictures, explanations and exclamations thread" at http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 12&t=12536 be unlocked. It was essentially a thread where I and others posted silly material rather than spamming the forums with random threads. It was eventually locked due to cobaya18 posting inappropriate content. However, given that cob has been permabanned, and visits the forums only rarely, I personally see no reason for the thread to remain locked. It provides amusement to those who delight in silliness, while preventing it from leaking into the rest of the forum to bother those who do not. Therefore, I would like to respectfully request the thread's unlocking.

Thanks for your time,
~dlgn
By dlgn
TechnoProdigy wrote:Please no.
Why? There's no need for you to read it. It would benefit you, in fact, because it would make it easier for you to avoid silliness than if we had to create new threads whenever we wanted to post something of that sort.
I enjoyed the thread and so did many others. I don't think it should have been locked in the first place, since it wasn't dlgns fault people decided to start posting bad stuff on it and it was only around three people all at the same time.
monkeychunks wrote:
I enjoyed the thread and so did many others. I don't think it should have been locked in the first place, since it wasn't dlgns fault people decided to start posting bad stuff on it and it was only around three people all at the same time.
The thread attracted too much bad attention for its own good. I'd say unlock it and if it happens to be locked again, then it should be permanently deleted.
By dlgn
Eetrab wrote:
monkeychunks wrote:
The thread attracted too much bad attention for its own good. I'd say unlock it and if it happens to be locked again, then it should be permanently deleted.
What do you mean by "bad attention"? Almost everything was fine until the last page, when all of a sudden people started posting inappropriate stuff, partially because they believed it was okay to do within spoilers, a misconception that Ael corrected.

(BTW, as I understand it—and correct me if I'm wrong—the rule about posting "inappropriate content" within spoilers is that videos, pictures, and transcripts with some swearing or other offensive language are permitted, but no outright obscenity.)

~dlgn
dlgn wrote:
Eetrab wrote:
monkeychunks wrote:
What do you mean by "bad attention"? Almost everything was fine until the last page, when all of a sudden people started posting inappropriate stuff, partially because they believed it was okay to do within spoilers, a misconception that Ael corrected.

(BTW, as I understand it—and correct me if I'm wrong—the rule about posting "inappropriate content" within spoilers is that videos, pictures, and transcripts with some swearing or other offensive language are permitted, but no outright obscenity.)

~dlgn
That's exactly what I am talking about. At first it was fine, but then as it developed, slowly, more inappropriate content crept in.

Edit: well it doesn't matter anyway. You have your thread back.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]