We may be hiring! Look inside for details!
By tgebbia
Username: tgebbia

Time Zone: -1

About Myself: I am currently a sophomore at the University of Arizona going for my B.S. in Aerospace Engineering. I enjoy exercising: I run a LOT and do calisthenics, (I hate weight lifting.) I am a HUGE nutrition nut. I also enjoy riding my fixed gear bike, although I do not ride it as much because of colder weather at the moment. I swim here and there as well. I was in Air Force ROTC for a semester and am going to continue it at a later, (but sooner than later), date. My ultimate goal career track is to become a pilot in the Air Force, then eventually become an Experimental Test Pilot and finally, some day be accepted to begin Astronaut Candidacy and training. I like music, but who doesn't? Currently I am listening to hip hop and post-rock. I also play Magic: The Gathering competitively, but recently have not played due to lack of extra funding for the expensiveness of the game as it currently is ($90 Jace, The Mind Sculptor? No thanks.)

Qualifications: I have never held a position as a moderator on any game previously, but I am quick to learn and very dedicated. I do have regular job experience so I have good work ethic, I am mature and put high importance on anything school or work related and this position would be no different to me, although I would enjoy it more since it is after all, involving Minecraft!

Why you deserve this position: Despite my lack of experience as a game moderator in general, I am an extremely dedicated and loyal person. I am able to make fair judgment calls with the least amount of bias possible. I also spend a ton of time on the server, oftentimes when no moderators are online so my availability seems to mesh well with that of current moderators. I know how to follow orders (I have military experience) of superiors, but I think of everyone on our server as an equal (except for griefers!). Moderator status would only allow me to make our server a better place for all to enjoy. I am a very goal-oriented and driven person as you can see from my choice of career path above and I would really enjoy making this server a server to be rivaled by all Minecraft servers with the other moderators. I forgot to mention if you find it important, I have been on the server since around the time that froglenn was just finishing Frogtown and just started a new city on an island some ways west of frogtown I began to build there until Minerealm went down for a while.

Availability: The only times I absolutely would not be able to be on would be during classes and since I am a student I would need to dedicate a portion free time for homework as well. I also have a social life as well, so on some days I would hang out with friends and stuff. But a large portion of my free time is spent on this game and on the Minerealm server so my availability will be an issue and I can further elaborate on this if I am chosen as a moderator candidate. Just to give an idea though, MWF: 11-2PM (MST), Tuesdays: 12:30-1:45PM (MST) and Thursdays: 8:00-10:50AM, 12:30-1:45PM (MST), is my current schedule for school.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my application.

Tim
By tgebbia
Username: tgebbia

Edit: 23

Time Zone: -1

About Myself: I am currently a sophomore at the University of Arizona going for my B.S. in Aerospace Engineering. I enjoy exercising: I run a LOT and do calisthenics, (I hate weight lifting.) I am a HUGE nutrition nut. I also enjoy riding my fixed gear bike, although I do not ride it as much because of colder weather at the moment. I swim here and there as well. I was in Air Force ROTC for a semester and am going to continue it at a later, (but sooner than later), date. My ultimate goal career track is to become a pilot in the Air Force, then eventually become an Experimental Test Pilot and finally, some day be accepted to begin Astronaut Candidacy and training. I like music, but who doesn't? Currently I am listening to hip hop and post-rock. I also play Magic: The Gathering competitively, but recently have not played due to lack of extra funding for the expensiveness of the game as it currently is ($90 Jace, The Mind Sculptor? No thanks.)

Edit: About Myself: I graduated college with a B.S. in Materials Science Engineering. I no longer run, nor do calisthenics and have gained 50 lbs since the original mod application. I do not care about nutrition anymore which is implied by the weight gain. I used to ride a fixed gear bike? LOL! I never continued with Air Force ROTC because of my poor eyesight and answered "yes" to the wrong question on my entrance papers which disqualified me. I didn't continue pursuing my starry-eyed childhood dream of being a super top secret air force pilot to become an astronaut someday. That was also a really bad dream to set forth since all of the requirements and pre-requisites put the minimum age possible to achieve being an astronaut at 32 yrs old. I still like rap. I have never played Magic: the Gathering since I last applied.

Qualifications: I have never held a position as a moderator on any game previously, but I am quick to learn and very dedicated. I do have regular job experience so I have good work ethic, I am mature and put high importance on anything school or work related and this position would be no different to me, although I would enjoy it more since it is after all, involving Minecraft!

Qualifications: I hold a degree in engineering, so I can do anything right?

Why you deserve this position: Despite my lack of experience as a game moderator in general, I am an extremely dedicated and loyal person. I am able to make fair judgment calls with the least amount of bias possible. I also spend a ton of time on the server, oftentimes when no moderators are online so my availability seems to mesh well with that of current moderators. I know how to follow orders (I have military experience) of superiors, but I think of everyone on our server as an equal (except for griefers!). Moderator status would only allow me to make our server a better place for all to enjoy. I am a very goal-oriented and driven person as you can see from my choice of career path above and I would really enjoy making this server a server to be rivaled by all Minecraft servers with the other moderators. I forgot to mention if you find it important, I have been on the server since around the time that froglenn was just finishing Frogtown and just started a new city on an island some ways west of frogtown I began to build there until Minerealm went down for a while.

Edit: Why you deserve this position: I probably don't. I have been banned once before. But when I was a moderator back in the day I successfully banned over 300+ Team Avolition members and defended Minerealm's honor in doing so. I also at times single-handedly maintained Spawn City before block protection was a thing/implemented on Minerealm. Also noteworthy: I think it was very rude of me to claim I had military experience when I was only a civilian in a college ROTC program for less than one semester of college. Forgive me.

Availability: The only times I absolutely would not be able to be on would be during classes and since I am a student I would need to dedicate a portion free time for homework as well. I also have a social life as well, so on some days I would hang out with friends and stuff. But a large portion of my free time is spent on this game and on the Minerealm server so my availability will be an issue and I can further elaborate on this if I am chosen as a moderator candidate. Just to give an idea though, MWF: 11-2PM (MST), Tuesdays: 12:30-1:45PM (MST) and Thursdays: 8:00-10:50AM, 12:30-1:45PM (MST), is my current schedule for school.

Edit: Availability: All of the times, until I find a career and become an adult.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my application.

Tim
By mitchie151
Best moderator I ever knew.

+1

Good luck finding a job Tgebbia. Engineering has so much potential!
And don't get lazy, if you look unfit employers might think you're lazy on the job as well! :P

All the best!
By mtndewzane
I think you'd be a good guy for the job, as the tone of your application insists a sense of maturity. Also of course you can do anything with an engineering degree haha, congrats on that by the way
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]