We may be hiring! Look inside for details!

Ye or Ne?

+1
39%
61%
By Dugs30
Username: Dugs30

Time Zone: MST

About Yourself: I led the pretty average life. Had aspirations in elementary school, goals in junior high, dreams in High School, and now wants in adulthood. My current job is a 911 dispatcher for the local sheriff department (yeah, you call 911 and you get me). Previously I worked as GM Supervisor for Shopko, and before that was a shift manager for Taco Johns. From there it was basically Joe Jobs. My girlfriend (Tyler) and I live in our wonderful two bedroom apartment next to some very... VERY loud teenagers (they are only loud at night if you catch my drift). My daily routine is get up, take my babe to school, go to work, come back, play MineRealm, sleep... I don't poop, eat, put clothes on, or brush my teeth (because that takes too much time). Naturally with my job play time fluctuates; but recently I've been in the midnight to six in the morning game shifts. In MineRealm I used to be known far and wide, but now I've kind of faded into one of those "there and helpful" characters. It has always been on of my goals in life to host a radio program, and MineRealm (with its community) is the perfect outlet.

Qualifications: My most recent job has trained me to correctly punctuate while talking to a recipient (basically you can understand what I'm saying). I know how to manage time and work efficiently and understand audio editing (no formal training). Oh, and I'm also a two year vet with MineRealm (luv you guys).

Why you Deserve This Position: As much as I want one, I don't have an argument here. What I do have, however, is commitment: I want to do this. It has been my dream from back in elementary school. You will get all of my effort to maintain a cool, easy going station. To further my point, I've uploaded three audio clips that I hope you'll enjoy.

Availability: My availability, again, fluctuates. Shifts change constantly at my job, and many times I'm called in (you can't have an ambulance without the dispatcher). However, it is easy enough to set up an automatic loop/playback of a radio station (it's how you have radio at midnight).

Anything Else you Wish to Add: Nope

Here are the audio clips

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3fd9a72d
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/815bf9be
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/682cc280
Last edited by Dugs30 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By falareborn
SilentCitizen wrote:Anyone on MineRealm can play music here: http://www.minerealm.com/plug.dj/listen/

You don't need to apply to be a DJ ;)
Then this needs to be fixed in the thread :D :

Radio DJ: DJ's are responsible for broadcasting on the MineRealm Radio. DJ's are required to conduct themselves professionally, and the minimum age is 16. Music played on the radio should be PG-13. We strongly urge DJ's to have a microphone, and to use it.

http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... =18&t=1463
By Dugs30
Correct me if Im wrong, there hasnt been Radio DJs or MineRealm radio for over 2 years...

There hasn't been a radio DJ for a while because no one has ever filled the position. I'm looking for the chance to be officially backed my MineRealm while hosting my own radio show; whether this means I use the plug.dj site, or a different station. Furthermore, Intelli still has up that he is currently looking for a DJ, so maybe he has something in mind.
By DragonSlayer155
Dugs30 wrote:
Correct me if Im wrong, there hasnt been Radio DJs or MineRealm radio for over 2 years...

There hasn't been a radio DJ for a while because no one has ever filled the position. I'm looking for the chance to be officially backed my MineRealm while hosting my own radio show; whether this means I use the plug.dj site, or a different station. Furthermore, Intelli still has up that he is currently looking for a DJ, so maybe he has something in mind.
I thought no one applied, because Intelli said it was cancelled? Also, whats with the MASSIVE TEXT all of a sudden?
By Rick
DragonSlayer155 wrote:Also, whats with the MASSIVE TEXT all of a sudden?
What massive text?
By Dugs30
I feel as if I'm getting down votes just because people believe this was discontinued. I would urge you to vote based off of the DJ position still being available, and not because you think it was taken down.
Also, whats with the MASSIVE TEXT all of a sudden?

Personal preference. I enjoy the larger text for reading (call me old, whatevs).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]