We may be hiring! Look inside for details!

Would you like to see Falareborn as Staff Member?

Yes
80%
No
20%
By falareborn
Username: falareborn
Time Zone: GMT+1

About Yourself: I studied for IT local support in Haarlem. After graduating level 3 out of 4, I started as IT local support for a Dutch company. I'm living in Almere with my lovely girlfriend (Elerria). In my free time we both play Minecraft and some World of Wacraf (passive). Besides games, I love to go to the cinemas to watch the newest movies. I joined Minerealm in January 2012, after advice of my brother. Seen some server's around, but there is no greater server then Minerealm and its community and there will never be. Therefore I started donating every month, and still am.

Qualifications: I have been a member for two years now and i still love Minerealm and its community. As far as i know, i don't have any issues with anyone. I have always been polite as long as i can remember and never broke any rule (besides mining a beach of Cookie when i just started 1/2 days on Minerealm, but that was a misunderstanding and fixed :P) . I am someone with a lot of patience and understanding. If someone is looking for trouble, ill stay calm and try to take control of the situation and act appropriate without letting myself to be carried by my emotions. I can be hard if it's needed to control the situation, but i always show understanding, stay positive and remain calm. In my job, i deal a lot with frustrated customers/employees. This gave me a lot of experience of how to handle at certain situations. I donate every month to support Intelli with keeping Minerealm up, which i do with pleasure.

Why you deserve this position: With my qualifications and commitment, i thought to myself it would be worth a try. What I offer is myself as a player who stay's calm, polite and focused in all situations, help new people around, answer all kinds of questions, fix grieving etc etc, ban/warn players who violate the rules, keeping a eye on the chat, making sure everything is going by the rules. I have a great appreciation for Intelli, the great staff and the awesome community and i would like to anything i can to keep it up.

Availability: Weekly I am available for around 6 hours per day (after work, in the evening), in the weekend I am available from early in the morning till far into the night

Anything else you wish to add: Positive or negative reactions, i respect all of them.
By Dugs30
Dunno if he remembers me, but I remember Falare. When he is on he is kind, helpful, and mature. His grammar is above average (a quality I prize amongst people with authority) and his judgement true. In the presence of commotion, Falare keeps a fair and level head. As far as being knowledgeable about MineRealm, Falare is a two year vet; his server know-how and guidance for noobs has helped many a player establish a foundation on our great server. As an added bonus, his qualifications FAR exceed the majority of mods on. Falareborn, it is with great pride in your actions, server impact, and grammar that I give you my +1: I would be honored to call you a leader.
By falareborn
Dugs30 wrote:Dunno if he remembers me, but I remember Falare. When he is on he is kind, helpful, and mature. His grammar is above average (a quality I prize amongst people with authority) and his judgement true. In the presence of commotion, Falare keeps a fair and level head. As far as being knowledgeable about MineRealm, Falare is a two year vet; his server know-how and guidance for noobs has helped many a player establish a foundation on our great server. As an added bonus, his qualifications FAR exceed the majority of mods on. Falareborn, it is with great pride in your actions, server impact, and grammar that I give you my +1: I would be honored to call you a leader.
Of course I remember you, you never left right? Anyways thx for support bro, appreciated :)
By Eetrab
It may be a wee bit late, but no-one else has said it (at least not on this thread).

Congrats on becoming staff.
By FinalFouad
Not trying to cause a flame war nor upset anybody. I am just posting my opinion, whether or not it is shared upon others, I do not know. But seeing very little community involvement into a staff application and such a quick response rate to falereborn becoming staff should raise some flags towards the process.
Original post, one response, a reply post by the original poster and then the person is granted staff.
I am not familiar with the staff acceptance process, but I feel like there should be at least a few more responses from other community members. I understand having someone on a different time-zone was needed, and maybe I am not familiar with falereborn because of this time-zone different, but I may feel like this has been done prematurely. Excluding the early staff application threads, many of them have a lot of community input on the applicant themselves.

Take this for what it is, just sharing what's on my mind.
Congrats Falereborn

FinalFouad
By Eetrab
FinalFouad wrote: I am not familiar with the staff acceptance process
If you're not familiar with the system or idea, your opinion is not very useful. Judging by the lack of bad staff as of late, whatever system used to pick new staff members clearly works. No need to fix it.
By kerovon
There was a staff retirement shortly before he was picked. That meant we had an opening that could use being filled.
By eah
Also, relying on community support for moderator picking would be like relying on the views a youtube video has for winning an academy award. There might be some hyperbole in there, but you get the idea.

I'd guess falare was chosen due to a combination of factors including timing, real life responsibilities, time zone, age, and in-game attitude.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]