We may be hiring! Look inside for details!
By jackavsfan
No idea why this is suddenly coming up now. I've responded to the criticism the best I can, but of course you are all entitled to your own opinion.

And I don't see that I suddenly start doing stuff when staff logs on. I try my best to help people out all the time, and I actually find myself answering more questions for people when there are no staff members online at all.
By dlgn
jackavsfan wrote:No idea why this is suddenly coming up now. I've responded to the criticism the best I can, but of course you are all entitled to your own opinion.

And I don't see that I suddenly start doing stuff when staff logs on. I try my best to help people out all the time, and I actually find myself answering more questions for people when there are no staff members online at all.
^This

But haters gonna hate. Just brush it off, jack. Without haters, there would be no reason for loyalty, after all. Plus, the criticism gives you things to improve.

As for me, well, I noticed jack more after I told him to start chatting more in the first or second page of this appy, but not more so when staff are on. He's just trying to be helpful in general, guys.

And as for my post about VV and Ael, Ael is constantly posting all over the forum and answering questions in-game, and VV is a greeter as much as jack (and spends a lot of time being popular). That doesn't make them bad staff.

In fact, even if jack is doing this just to look good, if he keeps doing it after he's made staff (assuming the app gets accepted), I don't see any problem with this.

~dlgn
By jackavsfan
Thanks dlgn.

Guys, I understand your concern. I might feel the same way if I were you. You're saying I'm trying too hard, putting up a facade, etc., but what I'm telling you is that this is not a facade. This is how I am when I actually like a server and intend to stick with it for the long term. As for the greeting thing, I'm not ashamed to say I picked that up from VV. I saw her doing it and thought "Wow, it would have been cool to get welcomed when I joined (Insert Popular Server)." I've joined alot of servers like that and they're mostly cold and unwelcoming. You get bot messages when you join, too many to make sense of. Then if you ask a question, you get berated for being stupid or not reading (and retaining) all of the 50 signs at spawn. That's why I took to welcoming people here, particularly when there was nobody else online to welcome them. I agree it can get annoying in chat, but putting myself in the shoes of the new guys, it would actually make a difference to me. I'd probably stick around and build a dirt hut or whatever, but if nobody had talked to me, I probably wouldn't be back. I'd think "Eh, just another big server." MineRealm is getting bigger everyday and it's difficult to keep a level of personality, which is unfortunate because the community here is great. But the best way to get players to come back tomorrow is to be friendly and responsive, even if that means being somewhat repetitive. That's my approach to it anyway.

On my previous server, it was a 50 slot server that was "busy" if we had 30 players online. That's where I began answering lots of questions as a leader of one of the four "clans." You would get alot of questions there, but the dynamic is totally different on a server with 120 people online, and I'm trying to balance being helpful with not spending all my time on it or being too repetitive. Give it some time.

I realize this is long but I'm trying to adequately respond to your points, because this is obviously an important issue.
By dlgn
Oh, and just for the record, I was a greeter before VV. She learned it from me back when she was a nub.

Yeah, I'm leaving now.
By jackavsfan
krinbros wrote:Go Jack!!! whew....now where do i vote.....or does this application have to be accepted first?
From what I understand staff applications are totally at the discretion of staff, as well as dependent on the current demand for more staff members, as far as whether they are accepted or not. Thank you though!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]