We may be hiring! Look inside for details!
By jackavsfan
mkman2008 wrote:Everyday for at least a few hours. Mainly i talk in buddy chat and guild, but occasionally i talk in public to help.
Well that explains why we don't know each other too well haha. I'll look for you on the server.
By Pemnan
Not to be mean or anything, but it seems like you're trying too hard. Every time I see you online you're like a walmart greeter, and you post things that nobody cares about, ex "I'm starting my live stream guys."
Also to note, you've recently donated, and almost instantly shot off the staff app. Just be yourself. Like I said, it's like you're trying too hard. Good luck on this anyways
By jackavsfan
Pemnan wrote:Not to be mean or anything, but it seems like you're trying too hard. Every time I see you online you're like a walmart greeter, and you post things that nobody cares about, ex "I'm starting my live stream guys."
Also to note, you've recently donated, and almost instantly shot off the staff app. Just be yourself. Like I said, it's like you're trying too hard. Good luck on this anyways
More people than I expected actually liked the live stream, but it's mostly for my friends who bug me to run it. As for greeting, on most large servers a person receives absolutely no attention upon joining aside from a flood of bot messages, then people ignoring him/her. I would be very happy to join a server and have a real person welcome me. So I look at it that way; I would appreciate it if it were done for me. And remember, we on the server see tons of new people join so lots of people are welcomed, but for each of those new players, they only join the server once and they are only welcomed once. It's more practical when the rates of new players joining aren't so high but it's still a nice gesture, in my opinion.
By Pemnan
jackavsfan wrote:
Pemnan wrote: Snip
Snip.
While it is nice for a new player to get a welcome, it's kind of given that you will say it. How hard is it to tab the first few letters of their name? Is that even a heart felt welcome? There's a reason why not even Walmart has greeters anymore. I just think you're being too generic. Staff should be an actual person, not a robot. You should focus on being a community member, instead of a person just giving out loads of comments on the posts in the forums. It isn't about user rep, it's about the respect you give to yourself and others. Intelli must look deep into these applications, and I think even he will notice you're trying too hard. Which is not a quality you want in a good, honest worker. It shows that their insecure of themselves, and essentially putting on an act to get something they want.
By dlgn
Pemnan wrote:
jackavsfan wrote:
Pemnan wrote: Snip
Snip.
While it is nice for a new player to get a welcome, it's kind of given that you will say it. How hard is it to tab the first few letters of their name? Is that even a heart felt welcome? There's a reason why not even Walmart has greeters anymore. I just think you're being too generic. Staff should be an actual person, not a robot. You should focus on being a community member, instead of a person just giving out loads of comments on the posts in the forums. It isn't about user rep, it's about the respect you give to yourself and others. Intelli must look deep into these applications, and I think even he will notice you're trying too hard. Which is not a quality you want in a good, honest worker. It shows that their insecure of themselves, and essentially putting on an act to get something they want.
So, VV and Ael shouldn't be staff any more?
By jackavsfan
Pemnan wrote:
jackavsfan wrote:
Pemnan wrote: Concern
Response.
Concern.

(I'm not trying to fight with you - You see something with my application that needs to be addressed and I'll gladly address it)

I think the general reaction from most people who get a welcome is to think "oh that's nice" and move on. A few actually reply to me, or remember I welcomed them and PM me looking for help, and I've made several friends that way.

I know I may seem generic during the day in public chat, as I welcome many people and answer alot of the same questions multiple times. My friends who I talk to in buddy chat or PMs know me better. I'm also more conversational in public chat late at night, when it's possible to carry on a conversation easily. I've talked to you briefly I think but I really don't know you that well and I know you don't know me. I wish you'd make an effort to meet me for real instead of saying I'm generic robotic based on the fact that I answer questions and greet people in public chat.
By Wxclm
Personally, I don't think that you would be a suitable staff member. From what I have seen, you seem to be playing behind a facade. Your entire mentality changes the moment staff logs in where you suddenly become the Creme de la creme of users and start answering every single question and welcoming every single new guy. When no staff is evident, you seem to be an entirely different person with the odd, welcoming every so often, indicating that you are only helping to further your chances as a new staff member than to actually aid these new players.

From a glance, you may seem like a suitable candidate but from what I have seen, it is just an appearence that you are only hiding behind. Secondly, I don't really think that you need to keep bumping this appeal with the constant, "Thanks for your support (Player)" as it is irrelevant. I'm sure these players know that you appreciate support that they give and they don't really need to be reminded which is clearly being done just to bump the appeal.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]