Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
36%
No
64%
Grelman wrote:Animals and villagers on private plots are not killable by anyone who doesnt have permission to build on the plot.
K - then... I guess I don't super duper care... but I'd still prefer not to be able to use them on private plots. You can guard against people walking into your areas. You can guard against ender pearls. You can guard against people using glitches to get into your areas. But you can't guard against these - it's just a new thing.
Valendr0s wrote:
Grelman wrote:Animals and villagers on private plots are not killable by anyone who doesnt have permission to build on the plot.
K - then... I guess I don't super duper care... but I'd still prefer not to be able to use them on private plots. You can guard against people walking into your areas. You can guard against ender pearls. You can guard against people using glitches to get into your areas. But you can't guard against these - it's just a new thing.
Well, you can, it just amounts to building some very thick walls. And did I mention you need a door to get in? That needs to be 8 blocks thick too. If you even manage to do this, it'll be strange and unwieldy.

If, for some of you, voting no is to spite me, then you need to know that this isn't just for me. Yes, I made the suggestion to protect a certain something, but it is to protect nonetheless. It's a generalization. There are some other things scattered around the map I'd like to keep off limits as well, but even mentioning what they are would draw attention to them and cause what this suggestion aims to prevent.

I'm normally ok with additions to the game and to the server. I was personally ok with ender pearls and the mist (although, I did suggest this because of the huge amount of people balling their eyes out). And when I do complain about something (e.g. I recently asked Intelli to reset the end so I could get the dragon egg), it's usually because I'm joking.

I can definitely see your arguments to support vanilla mechanics, but this server has mostly been about protecting things. Disabling teleportation seems to be consistent with that.
It is NOT difficult to disable chorus fruit teleportation on private plots. In fact, here's the actual implementation I just coded in my block protection plugin. Chorus fruit will still work on normal plots just fine, the only time the teleport will fail is if you are not a member of the plot you are standing in or the plot you will be teleported to.
Code: Select all
@EventHandler (ignoreCancelled = true)
public void onPlayerTeleport (PlayerTeleportEvent event)
{
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if(event.getCause() == TeleportCause.ENDER_PEARL)
    {
        // Check enderpearl protections
    }
    else if(event.getCause() == TeleportCause.CHORUS_FRUIT)
    {
        // Obviously, change isPlotMember() to MineRealm's system to check plot membership
        if(!isPlotMember(player, event.getFrom()))
        {
            player.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You aren't a member of this plot!");
            event.setCancelled(true);
        }
        // Obviously, change isPlotMember() to MineRealm's system to check plot membership
        else if(!isPlotMember(player, event.getTo()))
        {
            player.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You aren't a member of the destination plot!");
            event.setCancelled(true);
        }
    }
}
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]