Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
7%
No
93%
By xXWaffleMan123Xx
As you most likely know the economy is in the trash. I believe playing on minerealm isn't as fun as it used to be. Basic exchanges are difficult and it is only getting worse. My proposition is a reset, and yes I mean a TOTAL reset not a public land reset. We can restore what minerealm once was. I think a reset is needed to make the server whole again. You may say," But what about the vets." The vets that left because of the very same problem. We need a change a new experience. I do not believe it is it is anyone's fault the problem is the server has been run down that is why we need a reset.
By Bu1ld0g
No.

And if you did a little digging you would find a new server is in the works for Minerealm v5 running concurrent with this map.

But a reset, just no....
And I think I pretty much speak for everyone.
By legokrin
xXWaffleMan123Xx wrote:As you most likely know the economy is in the trash. I believe playing on minerealm isn't as fun as it used to be. Basic exchanges are difficult and it is only getting worse. My proposition is a reset, and yes I mean a TOTAL reset not a public land reset. We can restore what minerealm once was. I think a reset is needed to make the server whole again. You may say," But what about the vets." The vets that left because of the very same problem. We need a change a new experience. I do not believe it is it is anyone's fault the problem is the server has been run down that is why we need a reset.
Did you ever think ahead of this?
By dlgn
xXWaffleMan123Xx wrote:As you most likely know the economy is in the trash. No, I don't know. Please enlighten me. I believe playing on minerealm isn't as fun as it used to be. Personal opinion. I find the problem to be that people are playing less Minecraft and when people's friends play less, they play less. A wipe wouldn't fix that. Basic exchanges are difficult and it is only getting worse. Examples? Trading has been working fine from what I can see. My proposition is a reset, and yes I mean a TOTAL reset not a public land reset. Thereby destroying absolutely everything we've built in the last 3.5 years, but without enough people to rebuild it, especially given the huge number of rage-quits from people who appreciate being able to continue building for years on end. Not to mention that Intelli has promised that there will never again be a total wipe. We can restore what minerealm once was. If by "what minerealm once was", you mean "an empty landscape that defeats the entire point of this server and hasn't existed in over four years", then yeah. I think a reset is needed to make the server whole again. What does that even mean? You may say," But what about the vets." The vets that left because of the very same problem. Uh, no. We've been leaving and playing less for a multitude of reasons, including a bit of dying down of Minecraft in general and stagnation within the biggest guilds. We need a change a new experience. The whole point of MineRealm is to have a continuous experience that you can build up to huge, amazing, elaborate things in terms of politics, builds, economy, and community. I've never in my life seen an entirely community-built server with such amazing and actually useful structures, huge cities, naturally-arisen and player-built economy, and complex and meaningful political structure, all built up from years and years of history that continues to this day, when MineRealm is starting to recover. The wipe would destroy all that. I do not believe it is it is anyone's fault the problem is the server has been run down that is why we need a reset. It hasn't "run down". There's plenty of public land and resources. MineRealm's lifeblood is the players and our politics and activities, and that's what we need to work on to get MineRealm back to what it used to be.
~dlgn
Last edited by dlgn on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bu1ld0g
Just to expand a little on my previous post. The main draw for a lot of the players here is the persistent nature of the world map.
Sure we've had a few (2?) public land wipes, but the major builds are all still here.
Iv'e put over two years into my (still) incomplete builds that I hope to eventually finish, as have many others. Honestly, wiping the map would drive the player base away not save it.

If MRv5 does happen, which I for one hope it does, then there is your fresh start running concurrent with the existing map.

If it's community you're after quite a few guilds/players are still banding together to rebuild the NSEW rail lines and building transit tube lines.

Side note: for once I'd like to say I fully agree 100% with Deel, and that's rare for me :D
By Meowrocket
I just am amused by the fact that he thinks that's the entire reason vets left the server. He leaves out bannings, IRL obligations, losing interest in Minecraft in a whole, and the fact that there are still vets playing.

#KeepMinerealmAsItIs
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]